Liberty vs the Rest of the State

Icy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826342683[/snapback]

I agree also......I haven't seen where anybody has commented on the Bolivar and Brentwood game. The score was 67 - 61 Brentwood. This sounds like it was a very close game. How does this game compare to the Liberty - Bolivar 102 -76 game last Friday night. To me.....it (Brentwood vs. Bolivar) was a little low in scoring and close.

Was it a slow pace game?....if so can Brentwood slow Liberty down?

To my knowledge I don't think anybody has been able to slow the Crusaders down this year.....well the game against Alton Ill. was a little slow now that I think about it.

What do ya'll think........nebuntyn....you stay out of this one!!!!

LOL!

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Jan 22 2007 - 01:07 PM) 826341158[/snapback]

Anthony Sampson 5"3" Point guard, he is electric. His heart is huge, no heart bigger in the state. Devon Jones 6"6" great wing player runs the floor very well and good shot blocker. Any of the starting five can kill you on any given night, that's what makes this team great. And they have a good bench. Holt is a junior and can shoot lights out. Brice is a senior back up point guard, has awesome speed.

Couldn't agree more.....I think it's time to give these guys more respect as a unit.

Anthony Sampson is playing with authority....and is being consistent doing it. His last 2 or three games has landed him in the double digits in points. He's knocking down 3's, layups down the crowded lanes......doing whatever he wants. EXCEPT DUNKING!!!!! HE KNOW HE BETTER GET ONE QUICK OR HE'S FIRED!!!

I'm not being partial....or at least I'm trying not too. Look at their numbers....which are never posted in the Jackson Sun (maybe deliberate....which is cool). before I get skinned alive with that statement....I'm talking about the section that has the point leaders in it....not the stats of the games.

Devon Jones will take on anybody underneath....Holt is hot from the 3 point line....He had 5 in the Bolivar game. Then you have Jay Greer....don't let him get lose outside he will burn you for some 3's.......I can go on.

Were seeing these guys come off the bench in the last few games because Liberty coaching is the best anywhere at building depth.....by the time playoffs get here the bench will be able to beat anybody in the state.

QUOTE(Greenfieldfan @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:16 PM) 826342691[/snapback]

I'd love to see Liberty play Union City, please ask coach to give them a call. These Union City fans are driving us all nuts.

I'd love to see that too. Didn't we scrimage them or something earlier? I'm sure that can be arranged.....we could pass the hat...get a gym and some refs.

QUOTE(P.A.Lin-Z @ Jan 23 2007 - 03:24 PM) 826342699[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.....I think it's time to give these guys more respect as a unit.

Anthony Sampson is playing with authority....and is being consistent doing it. His last 2 or three games has landed him in the double digits in points. He's knocking down 3's, layups down the crowded lanes......doing whatever he wants. EXCEPT DUNKING!!!!! HE KNOW HE BETTER GET ONE QUICK OR HE'S FIRED!!!

I'm not being partial....or at least I'm trying not too. Look at their numbers....which are never posted in the Jackson Sun (maybe deliberate....which is cool). before I get skinned alive with that statement....I'm talking about the section that has the point leaders in it....not the stats of the games.

Devon Jones will take on anybody underneath....Holt is hot from the 3 point line....He had 5 in the Bolivar game. Then you have Jay Greer....don't let him get lose outside he will burn you for some 3's.......I can go on.

Were seeing these guys come off the bench in the last few games because Liberty coaching is the best anywhere at building depth.....by the time playoffs get here the bench will be able to beat anybody in the state.

I'd love to see that too. Didn't we scrimage them or something earlier? I'm sure that can be arranged.....we could pass the hat...get a gym and some refs.

From looking at both teams body of work against Bolivar this year I'd say Liberty would crush Brentwood Academy.

The best 3 basketball teams in this state are as follows (all reside in west-TN):

1.) Liberty Tech

2.) Raleigh Egypt

3.) Union City

THOSE ARE YOUR CLASS A, AA, & AAA STATE CHAMPIONS IN THE BORO COME MARCH

QUOTE(Big Country @ Jan 23 2007 - 07:36 PM) 826342933[/snapback]

From looking at both teams body of work against Bolivar this year I'd say Liberty would crush Brentwood Academy.

The best 3 basketball teams in this state are as follows (all reside in west-TN):

1.) Liberty Tech

2.) Raleigh Egypt

3.) Union City

THOSE ARE YOUR CLASS A, AA, & AAA STATE CHAMPIONS IN THE BORO COME MARCH

Liberty will be crowned back to back state champions on March 17, 2007

QUOTE(matt86 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:10 PM) 826339852[/snapback]

So we're going to play the game of they played so and so and barely won, and we beat so and so by 30 so we'll automatically win. That's always a solid form of rhetoric. Why are even playing the game, it's obvious to everyone that Liberty is unbeatable, flawless, and has no weaknesses, they can't be beat, it's futile. Liberty is the God's gift to Tennessee basketball.

There's a reason why the games are played.

Raleigh-Egypt already beat Liberty back in November... Liberty is good, but nothing like BA's team last year or even Hamilton's team from last year..

QUOTE(MemphisDB @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826343455[/snapback]

Raleigh-Egypt already beat Liberty back in November... Liberty is good, but nothing like BA's team last year or even Hamilton's team from last year..

You can't look back to a "jamboree game" (A.K.A. 'practice') 2 months ago as an honest gague of how good Liberty Tech is right now. That said, I understand any team can be beaten any given night when you've got some playmakers on the court. I think Raleigh Egypt could beat Liberty Tech again on the right night, but only if Liberty Tech played average-to-poor and they played their A-game. However, Tech could beat them by 10-15 on most any other night if you apply that same thinking the other way around. Here's the difference in Tech and other schools in this state right now in my mind: I think Liberty Tech could beat the best teams in the nation on any given night, you would struggle to say the same with a straight face for any other team in this state, and that's the difference.

As far as some on here comparing this year's Brentwood Academy to that team they had last year...Here's the comparison: They both wear the same uniforms...and that's about it. They are a very good team this year, they have a great chance to win another title, but they do not hold a candle to that team from last year. To say they somehow DO, well, that is an insult to Brandon Wright and Josh Bone, and I would venture to say their own team would tell you the same thing.

QUOTE(John005 @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826343962[/snapback]

You can't look back to a "jamboree game" (A.K.A. 'practice') 2 months ago as an honest gague of how good Liberty Tech is right now. That said, I understand any team can be beaten any given night when you've got some playmakers on the court. I think Raleigh Egypt could beat Liberty Tech again on the right night, but only if Liberty Tech played average-to-poor and they played their A-game. However, Tech could beat them by 10-15 on most any other night if you apply that same thinking the other way around. Here's the difference in Tech and other schools in this state right now in my mind: I think Liberty Tech could beat the best teams in the nation on any given night, you would struggle to say the same with a straight face for any other team in this state, and that's the difference.

As far as some on here comparing this year's Brentwood Academy to that team they had last year...Here's the comparison: They both wear the same uniforms...and that's about it. They are a very good team this year, they have a great chance to win another title, but they do not hold a candle to that team from last year. To say they somehow DO, well, that is an insult to Brandon Wright and Josh Bone, and I would venture to say their own team would tell you the same thing.

RE is a good team as well. What substantial evidence do you have that states that Liberty will beat RE by 10-15 on most other nights? Liberty is a good team, however, RE is also a good team. Both schools have defeated ranked competition and the only stats that anybody can go by are what happened this year when they played. We can go on and on about what could or should have happened. We all understand that anything can happen on any given night, on the other hand, it is all about the results during the tournament time that counts. Both teams must be prepared during that time because what has occurred during the regular season want mean anything if they are put out of the tournament. Let's just give RE and Liberty their respect for what they have accomplished so far this season. We will never know the outcome of Liberty and RE again this year because they want play again so let just move on to teams that are in 2A.

QUOTE(Icy @ Jan 24 2007 - 11:19 AM) 826343991[/snapback]

RE is a good team as well. What substantial evidence do you have that states that Liberty will beat RE by 10-15 on most other nights? Liberty is a good team, however, RE is also a good team. Both schools have defeated ranked competition and the only stats that anybody can go by are what happened this year when they played. We can go on and on about what could or should have happened. We all understand that anything can happen on any given night, on the other hand, it is all about the results during the tournament time that counts. Both teams must be prepared during that time because what has occurred during the regular season want mean anything if they are put out of the tournament. Let's just give RE and Liberty their respect for what they have accomplished so far this season. We will never know the outcome of Liberty and RE again this year because they want play again so let just move on to teams that are in 2A.

Point taken. Here's what I go on: #1 Ridgeway defeated Raleigh Egypt a couple weeks after the big jamboree win in a regular season game that counts, which shows anything can happen on a given night, BUT... #2 Liberty not only defeated that same Ridgeway team who upended Raleigh Egypt, they blew them out on their own home court by 23 points. Usually I don't put much stock in comparing scores UNLESS it shows a dramatic difference. #3 Liberty Tech has consistently played at a high level, and the heavy majority of their scores against excellent competition are completely lop-sided. Evidence: Their AVERAGE margin of victory against Ridgeway, Bolivar, Mitchell, Haywood, and Science Hill is 22.8 ppg, and that is solid competition they are blowing out. Their entire "body of work" is what shows me that that 83-80 preseason game back in November is not likely an accurate showing for the Crusaders. Therefore, considering this evidence, although I understand it is not black and white proof, it leads me to think LT is still the team to beat in this state. I think you would get a better idea of how good the teams are if you saw them play today instead of in November, but you're right, we can't, but this is what makes for great message boards.