Pickett Co. Rolls Over Temple 68-58

pcbobcats1

I'm usually one of the worlds worse to complain about refs in pickett co games. The foul situation at half time was dead even. Temple had two technicals count into there foul total, and they deserved both of them so you can't put that on the refs. I thought compared to the clinton co. game and the jackson co game up here that the refs where excellent. They really let both teams play. Skogen didn't get that 3rd foul til somewhere in the 3rd quarter, he just didn't have it tonight. I think its funny how all these people think Temple is still the better team when they proved tonight that they weren't. That's like us Pickett Co. fans saying that Pickett is better than Jackson Co., we aren't right now. The only difference is that we have another chance to prove it. It's interesting to point out that Jackson Co. lost to Grace by 2, Temple beat Grace by 40, and Pickett beat Temple by 10, and Jackson co beat Pickett by 1. I'm almost positive those 4 teams will meet in some shape or form in a month or so. Also interesting to note that if jackson and pickett win both there respective games on tuesday night, that something will have to give for one of the two hot teams when they meet up friday night.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC lost on a prayer from half court.. and it was their first or second game of the year.. BUT THEY STILL LOST!.. atleast teams from district 7A can admit they lost.. I'm sure that the refs were as bad if not worse than they always are when JC beat PC at Pickett.. I honestly can't wait to see the rematch this Friday.. because PC isn't the only team playin some good ball right now.. JC took down Upperman last night for their 10th straight win.. they have a tough district game with C-Range tues.. and then the game that will make or break a district championship for JC.. I can't wait.. " Pour It Own Em Boys!.. EW EW EW!"

QUOTE(bobcatnation64 @ Jan 21 2007 - 12:43 AM) 826339608[/snapback]

uconnlooker why dont u just stop complaining. u lost and thats that. you're tryin to put your loss on the refs ....do they teach u to do that down at temple.if you're still mad u can come cry on my shoulder if u want

Congrats to Pickett, but I wouldn't start with those comments. When Pickett came down to Temple and loss, you better believe a lot of Pickett fans got on here and complained about the refs.That was back when Pickett was number 1 in State and Caleb Skogen dunked on Bailey (I believe was his name). FYI, Everyone thought Bailey was so amazing.

Any team can win on any given night. Of coarse we can say it would be different if it were at Temple, and it may well be different. But for now, Pickett won. So congrats on a good win. I wish I could have been there, but once you get out of high school you have to work. As for the rest of Temple fans, it is sad that the Temple teams get little support. I know if I was still in high school I would have been there.I can probably name the people who were there; Mrs. Skogen and the girls, the Smiths, Ms. Sexton, and the Browns.

I went to that game a couple of years ago when they played down at temple. I don't exactly recall the ref situation, but I do know that Skogen didn't dunk over Bailey, it was Groce... Bailey would have never got back to play defense on a fast break before the end of the half. FYI Bailey is playing at a bigger school than Skogen I believe. Pickett made it as far as temple did that year.

When we played at Temple a couple years ago, the refs had 3 fouls on Josh Wright right away in the first quarter. Just before the half, a Temple player stole the ball, walked 4 steps and nothing was called and he scored. That put them up 6 instead of 4 or a possible 2 if Pickett had scored. Later a Temple player slid out of bounds with the ball, stood up and continued to play with nothing called. Pickett got hammered all night with few fouls being called. At Grace the next day, when PC won, a ref called a foul on Bailey...when he was on the bench! There was no doubt that ref had Bailey's number ready to call. After the game that ref went up into the stands and sat with a group of Grace fans. When PC fans complained on here how bad the refs were at these two games, we were blasted for it. So, the refs are ALWAYS right, they never change the outcome of any game ever. They also must have been perfect in this game last night since they have never called a bad game ever against Pickett. PC 68 Temple 58 says it all ...and when Ranger saw PC, that was early in the season when PC wasn't playing good ball. Comparing what you saw early in the season of both teams is meaningless once they have played each other...Pickett is the better team now on the court.

QUOTE(senator @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826339512[/snapback]

# 1 CAN ONLY BE CLAIMED IF YOU BEAT THE BLUE DEVILS WHO HAVE DEFEATED AAA COOKEVILLE WHO SLAUGHERED THE BOBCATS AND BEAT PC ON THEIR HOME FLOOR HOW CAN THEY EXPECT # 1 BUT CONGRATS TO PC ON A GOOD WIN FOR 7A

WE WILL CRUSH JACKSON COUNTY!!!! JUST LIKE WE DID TEMPLE! WATCH AND LEARN BOY!!!

QUOTE(senator @ Jan 20 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826339512[/snapback]

# 1 CAN ONLY BE CLAIMED IF YOU BEAT THE BLUE DEVILS WHO HAVE DEFEATED AAA COOKEVILLE WHO SLAUGHERED THE BOBCATS AND BEAT PC ON THEIR HOME FLOOR HOW CAN THEY EXPECT # 1 BUT CONGRATS TO PC ON A GOOD WIN FOR 7A

Since the Pickett Co. boys have NOT played Cookeville this year, they did not "get slaughtered" by Cookeville. Pickett Co. also has played a much tougher schedule than Jackson Co. Better get your facts straight. But, I think it will be very tough to beat Jackson Co. on their home court. Pickett played terrible and was down 19-5 but came back to take the lead against JC. If the refs had followed the rules, they would have called a technical on JC for sending the wrong player to the line to shoot the foul at the end of the game...a friend of the JC coach said that this is an old JC trick. If Pickett plays like they did against Temple they'll do fine.

QUOTE(pcbobcats1 @ Jan 21 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826340589[/snapback]

Since the Pickett Co. boys have NOT played Cookeville this year, they did not "get slaughtered" by Cookeville. Pickett Co. also has played a much tougher schedule than Jackson Co. Better get your facts straight. But, I think it will be very tough to beat Jackson Co. on their home court. Pickett played terrible and was down 19-5 but came back to take the lead against JC. If the refs had followed the rules, they would have called a technical on JC for sending the wrong player to the line to shoot the foul at the end of the game...a friend of the JC coach said that this is an old JC trick. If Pickett plays like they did against Temple they'll do fine.

I played 4 years of varsity basketball and never one time did we intentionally send the wrong shooter to the line!.. I have gotten a techincal foul for trying to point out to the refs that the wrong shooter shot free throws for another team.. That is low.. Why don't you just go ahead and blame us for cheating.. Don't be mad cause JC outplayed you.. I can't wait to see the game friday.. I don't think it will matter if we beat you again.. It will still be the refs cause it was at JC.. If we lose then PC is gonna win state.. No matter what JC will never get credit from a pickett county fan!