New Titans GM

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jan 21 2007 - 02:52 PM) 826340007[/snapback]

Will the Titans get anyone better than Floyd Resse. The picking seem slim for now. I don't see any great name GM's available for the picking. Then again, Uncle Bud may want a watered down GM.

Parcells anyone?? Can't you imagine him, Fisher and Adams in a big group hug? At least all the press conferences would be entertaining to say the least

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like Mike Reinfeldt from the Seahawks. I hope he can keep the Titans out of cap jail while bring in top notch players but not paying way too much like Floyd Reese.

I really hope the quality of the person go up as well. I really hope the quality of the person go up as well. It is distressing to read about these players on the news instead of the sport pages.

Congrats to Mike!

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Feb 4 2007 - 11:05 PM) 826358714[/snapback]

It looks like Mike Reinfeldt from the Seahawks. I hope he can keep the Titans out of cap jail while bring in top notch players but not paying way too much like Floyd Reese.

I really hope the quality of the person go up as well. I really hope the quality of the person go up as well. It is distressing to read about these players on the news instead of the sport pages.

Congrats to Mike!

Cap jail? How about keeping them out of the Davidson County jail, Rutheford County Jail, Williamson County Jail, Wilson County Jail ......

Compared to a lot of teams, the worse the Titans get is "time-out."

I kind of suspected that Reinfeldt would be the insiders' choice, if for no other reason than he was a former Oiler. That plays huge with Bud.

The real thing will be Jeff and him to develop some type of chemistry, and get on the same page quickly. They both need to agree on the needs of the Titans and their progress toward improvement. I think one area the Titan's have been less than compelling has been their scouting, since O.C. Brocato left.

• 4 weeks later...

What moves? Signing Rien Long to a year contract and inking a couple of bags of balls? Gee, how much cap space do we have left????

I wouldn't have paid Bennett what he got, nor would I have paid Clemons what he got paid, but face it- none of these contracts will see the money they signed for anyway. It's all about the roster bonus.

Would like to see KCarter back in Titan's blue. Would like to see them hold onto Travis, because I don't think what is left is any better than what we've got. And I DON"T feel like LenDale White and Gaither are the answers.

I'm not panicking, but it seems like the competition is loading up while we sit in the garage.

Hey, add Kerry Collins to the treasure trove of free agent signings the Titans have taken on.

The salary cap took a hit to the tune of $1.78, now we have less money to spend on some quality. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kevin Carter signs with Tampa.

Patrick Kearney signs with Seattle.

Travis Henry signs with the Bills.

Who is worth a hoot that is left to sign?

(PSST: Hey Mike, the game has begun and your bat is still on your shoulders!) /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />