Titans Draft and Off Season Free Agents Possibilities

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Feb 18 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826377888[/snapback]Here is how I see the Titans' needs for the off-season

1. Secondary ( New Corner and Safety)

- Teams will start shying away from Pacman more if they do not get another corner that compliments him.

- You saw with the Saints what happens if you don't have two quality cornerbacks.

- Lamont Thompson seemed lost all season, and it is time to find his replacement if the Titans want to be a playoff contender

- Possible Free Agent Signings- CB Nate Clements, CB Nick Harper, S Ken Hamlin, S Michael Lewis, S Mike Doss

- Spend Cap Money on this area.

2. Defensive Line

- Titans have tried to develop young talent at the end positions but it is time to look for some serious help.

- Needs a true pass rusher with great speed

- If this area improves the secondary play will improve as well

- Possible Free Agents- DE Dwight Freeney

- Free Agent pool is slim with Defensive Ends, Moss from Florida would help out a great deal in the Draft.

3. Wide Receiver

- Titans need a go to guy. Bennett is a # 2 at best and has struggles since Mason left for Baltimore.

- Titans need to get more than 1 receiver through FA and the Draft

- Big, Possession Receiver and a Speed Receiver who is tough is a must.

- Possible Free Agent Signings- Donte Stallworth

- I don't like the large FA pool, but Stallworth would be a great fit in this offense.

- Titans will have the opportunity to draft that possession receiver they need over the middle.

That IMO is the top three needs for the Titans to address in the offseason. Now I have one more idea that is probably far fetched but could play great dividends for the Titans. Trade for Randy Moss. The Raiders want a 2nd round draft pick for him and I think that is a bargain. Jeff Fisher could get him to play. The Titans had a chance at Moss in the draft and chose Dyson. Moss would add explosiveness to this offense, and think he would love to play with Vince Young. I know people don't like Moss for his off the field troubles and figure he will be just like Pac-Man but this is a risk I would take and would push the Titans into a serious threat into the AFC.

i agree i would love to see randy moss here..

Like Randy Pac has settle'd down.

I want Robert Mechem

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:43 PM) 826374937[/snapback]Why they need a TE? McKinney is probably done for his career; Ben Troupe has had major trouble grasping the offense (he's profoundly ADD/HD), which leaves only Scaife and Hartsock. Cramer is special teams only and probably will be released.

Titans don't use a MLB very much due to their scheme. They rather go nickel and take out the MLB. Now if they could have an Erlacher type that could cover deep AND be a stud on the run, they might change their tune-but the "46" defense of Fisher doesn't go that way.

After taking care of their own, the Titan's will have more like $20 mill for free agency. Many teams will have money as well.

No way the Colts let Freeney get away. They'll franchise him if they have to.

Jarrett and Ginn both have problems; Jarrett with work ethic and routes, Ginn with his hands. The combine will have to be huge for Meacham for him to jump above them, though. Watch out for a good combine from Bowe of LSU. Titans might want more of a bigger possession receiver who can take it over the middle instead of a burner. That is because of the proliferation of cover 2's in our division. Tampa style cover 2's take away the deep threat.

meachem ran a 4.36 and 4.38 at the combine so there shouldnt be any more questions about his speed........the titans need to either take him or trad about 3 or 4 of those 10 picks they have to get calvin johnson

QUOTE(SopH1025 @ Feb 26 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826390764[/snapback]meachem ran a 4.36 and 4.38 at the combine so there shouldnt be any more questions about his speed........the titans need to either take him or trad about 3 or 4 of those 10 picks they have to get calvin johnson

Yep, Meachem surprised me with is speed. He's got some jets.