Titans Draft and Off Season Free Agents Possibilities

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Ted Ginn Jr is some how still there, I think the Titans go defense in the first round. I think they go with Jarvis Moss DE from Florida. Givens is coming back, and I think they wait on a WR. I hope they are able to get Jacoby Jones from instate Lane College. He's 6-4 210 and was the SIAC Offensive player of the year as well as the kick returner of the year. His stock shot through the roof last week during East/West Shrine Bowl practices. Some draft experts say he was the best WR there. I wonder who the Titans will resign, Drew or Brandon Jones? We all know Calico is gone.

I hope they can go out and get Asante Samuel from the Pats or Nate Clemens from the Bills on the free agent market. They need someone opposite of Pac Man. Also, don't forget that Dwight Freeney, Justin Smith, Lance Briggs, and Adalius Thomas are all free agents this year also.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jan 21 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826340009[/snapback]Titans need some defensive help on the Right Defensive End and Middle Linebacker. It looks the primary need for WR first with TE in the 4th or 5th. I would like to see DE and/or MLB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I disagree with that a little help on the defensive end maybe but at linebacker? I think the three guys they got now with Bullock and Thornton on the outside and Stephen Tulloch now for MLB. I think they will release P. Sirmon.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Jan 22 2007 - 07:44 AM) 826340754[/snapback]Unless Ted Ginn Jr is some how still there, I think the Titans go defense in the first round. I think they go with Jarvis Moss DE from Florida. Givens is coming back, and I think they wait on a WR. I hope they are able to get Jacoby Jones from instate Lane College. He's 6-4 210 and was the SIAC Offensive player of the year as well as the kick returner of the year. His stock shot through the roof last week during East/West Shrine Bowl practices. Some draft experts say he was the best WR there. I wonder who the Titans will resign, Drew or Brandon Jones? We all know Calico is gone.

I think Brandon Jones he has shown what he can do he palyed pretty good this past year and remember he was really starting to come on two years ago in his rookie year until he got hurt. I also think Robert Meachem might be a possibility he is a big physical receiver with great hands and good speed and he want have to be a first option on the field right away.

I hope they can go out and get Asante Samuel from the Pats or Nate Clemens from the Bills on the free agent market. They need someone opposite of Pac Man. Also, don't forget that Dwight Freeney, Justin Smith, Lance Briggs, and Adalius Thomas are all free agents this year also.

I agree I think the draft will depend on the FA signings they have I think $41 million in cap room so they can go out and get some big time players. If they can get Samuels or Clements to go opposite of PacMan then that would be huge if they don't I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the best available CB with there 1st rd. pick also Getting Freeney to join his former Colts teammate David Thornton on the defense would be big.

QUOTE(Sequatchie @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:37 PM) 826374797[/snapback]

I disagree with that a little help on the defensive end maybe but at linebacker? I think the three guys they got now with Bullock and Thornton on the outside and Stephen Tulloch now for MLB. I think they will release P. Sirmon.

I think Brandon Jones he has shown what he can do he palyed pretty good this past year and remember he was really starting to come on two years ago in his rookie year until he got hurt. I also think Robert Meachem might be a possibility he is a big physical receiver with great hands and good speed and he want have to be a first option on the field right away.

I agree I think the draft will depend on the FA signings they have I think $41 million in cap room so they can go out and get some big time players. If they can get Samuels or Clements to go opposite of PacMan then that would be huge if they don't I wouldn't be surprised if they go with the best available CB with there 1st rd. pick also Getting Freeney to join his former Colts teammate David Thornton on the defense would be big.

I agree on everything you say...

I dont understand how ted jr is so much better than robert?? I think who ever drafts robert mechem is in for a treat. Dewayne jarret..NEVVVER him. Mechem should be the way to go.

Titans also need some help on the other side at corner. A MLB woldnt hurt either..

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Jan 21 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826340009[/snapback]

Titans need some defensive help on the Right Defensive End and Middle Linebacker. It looks the primary need for WR first with TE in the 4th or 5th. I would like to see DE and/or MLB in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

could you explain why the titans should draft a TE!?

Why they need a TE? McKinney is probably done for his career; Ben Troupe has had major trouble grasping the offense (he's profoundly ADD/HD), which leaves only Scaife and Hartsock. Cramer is special teams only and probably will be released.

Titans don't use a MLB very much due to their scheme. They rather go nickel and take out the MLB. Now if they could have an Erlacher type that could cover deep AND be a stud on the run, they might change their tune-but the "46" defense of Fisher doesn't go that way.

After taking care of their own, the Titan's will have more like $20 mill for free agency. Many teams will have money as well.

No way the Colts let Freeney get away. They'll franchise him if they have to.

Jarrett and Ginn both have problems; Jarrett with work ethic and routes, Ginn with his hands. The combine will have to be huge for Meacham for him to jump above them, though. Watch out for a good combine from Bowe of LSU. Titans might want more of a bigger possession receiver who can take it over the middle instead of a burner. That is because of the proliferation of cover 2's in our division. Tampa style cover 2's take away the deep threat.

Here is how I see the Titans' needs for the off-season

1. Secondary ( New Corner and Safety)

- Teams will start shying away from Pacman more if they do not get another corner that compliments him.

- You saw with the Saints what happens if you don't have two quality cornerbacks.

- Lamont Thompson seemed lost all season, and it is time to find his replacement if the Titans want to be a playoff contender

- Possible Free Agent Signings- CB Nate Clements, CB Nick Harper, S Ken Hamlin, S Michael Lewis, S Mike Doss

- Spend Cap Money on this area.

2. Defensive Line

- Titans have tried to develop young talent at the end positions but it is time to look for some serious help.

- Needs a true pass rusher with great speed

- If this area improves the secondary play will improve as well

- Possible Free Agents- DE Dwight Freeney

- Free Agent pool is slim with Defensive Ends, Moss from Florida would help out a great deal in the Draft.

3. Wide Receiver

- Titans need a go to guy. Bennett is a # 2 at best and has struggles since Mason left for Baltimore.

- Titans need to get more than 1 receiver through FA and the Draft

- Big, Possession Receiver and a Speed Receiver who is tough is a must.

- Possible Free Agent Signings- Donte Stallworth

- I don't like the large FA pool, but Stallworth would be a great fit in this offense.

- Titans will have the opportunity to draft that possession receiver they need over the middle.

That IMO is the top three needs for the Titans to address in the offseason. Now I have one more idea that is probably far fetched but could play great dividends for the Titans. Trade for Randy Moss. The Raiders want a 2nd round draft pick for him and I think that is a bargain. Jeff Fisher could get him to play. The Titans had a chance at Moss in the draft and chose Dyson. Moss would add explosiveness to this offense, and think he would love to play with Vince Young. I know people don't like Moss for his off the field troubles and figure he will be just like Pac-Man but this is a risk I would take and would push the Titans into a serious threat into the AFC.