Hampton Fans post here!

hhsfanforlife

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Jan 21 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826340224[/snapback]

Questions will be answered depending on the question .

This past week Kingsport won their 2000th game. This is a great mile stone for any basketball program. I know it would take 100 years at 20 wins a year to reach this record. Could anyone tell me how many wins Hampton's Boys basketball team has. Just guessing with Buck Van Huss and Jerry White alone the Number Should be over 1200. Is there any history buffs that could break the numbers down for each year?

Good luck and best wishes to all former, present and future Bulldogs

QUOTE(oleagle @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:27 PM) 826340260[/snapback]

This past week Kingsport won their 2000th game. This is a great mile stone for any basketball program. I know it would take 100 years at 20 wins a year to reach this record. Could anyone tell me how many wins Hampton's Boys basketball team has. Just guessing with Buck Van Huss and Jerry White alone the Number Should be over 1200. Is there any history buffs that could break the numbers down for each year?

Good luck and best wishes to all former, present and future Bulldogs

adding coach mcclain ,hazzlewood, vanhuss, and white it should be around 2,250

according to the records that i have. each team has won over 300 hundred games. just putting van huss and white together i got 1300.

I have some old film that was shot from the vanhuss era and white era. I have placed it on the net for everone to see how greate hampton was and still is not many schools in tennessee can say they have won 7 state titles,

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:56 PM) 826340306[/snapback]

according to the records that i have. each team has won over 300 hundred games. just putting van huss and white together i got 1300.

I have some old film that was shot from the vanhuss era and white era. I have placed it on the net for everone to see how greate hampton was and still is not many schools in tennessee can say they have won 7 state titles,

"note"

if you want a response from a player/coach ask them and be specific

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826340306[/snapback]

"note"

if you want a response from a player/coach ask them and be specific

HHSFANFORLIFE: I WISH WE HAD ALL THOSE TITLES BUT WE DON'T ALL WE HAVE IS ONE TITLE 1960, AND THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE NATION WITH 2000 WINS KINGSPORT. HHSFANFORLIFE YOU NEED TO BRUSH UP ON YOUR HISTORY. YOU ALSO LEFT OUT JERRY NAVE HE WAS BETWEEN VAN HUSS AND WHITE. I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS BEFORE VAN HUSS. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP?

QUOTE(oleagle @ Jan 21 2007 - 08:21 PM) 826340334[/snapback]

HHSFANFORLIFE: I WISH WE HAD ALL THOSE TITLES BUT WE DON'T ALL WE HAVE IS ONE TITLE 1960, AND THERE IS ONLY ONE TEAM IN THE NATION WITH 2000 WINS KINGSPORT. HHSFANFORLIFE YOU NEED TO BRUSH UP ON YOUR HISTORY. YOU ALSO LEFT OUT JERRY NAVE HE WAS BETWEEN VAN HUSS AND WHITE. I DON'T KNOW WHO WAS BEFORE VAN HUSS. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP?

Oleeagle, Check with Starman. He knows Hampton and Unaka basketball very well. Jamie Combs might be another one you could check with.

QUOTE(oleagle @ Jan 21 2007 - 09:21 PM) 826340334[/snapback]

hampton has 2 state titles sorry for the seven.......

and three runnerup

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Jan 22 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826341114[/snapback]

hampton has 2 state titles sorry for the seven.......

and three runnerup

Sorry to dispute you, but we have one state title, from 1960. There are two state runner-ups, from the 1980-81 season and from the 1982-83 season. Just how many state tourney appearances we've made is a good question, but the last tme was in the 1991-92 season, in AA. I remember having a book at some point that had us winning around 1100 games, and that was about 10 years ago. We haven't really burnt up the win charts since, but I'd put us at about 1500 wins or so. It was interesting to note the Kingsport milestone, but I'm sure Science Hill did some chuckling of their own: All those wins and no state title. It would be great if HHS could get the wins flowing like they used to, and make more state tourney appearances again. They're one of the old-time powers of high-school basketball, with a lot of history and tradition. Hopefully we'll make it again.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Jan 22 2007 - 03:21 PM) 826341229[/snapback]

Sorry to dispute you, but we have one state title, from 1960. There are two state runner-ups, from the 1980-81 season and from the 1982-83 season. Just how many state tourney appearances we've made is a good question, but the last tme was in the 1991-92 season, in AA. I remember having a book at some point that had us winning around 1100 games, and that was about 10 years ago. We haven't really burnt up the win charts since, but I'd put us at about 1500 wins or so. It was interesting to note the Kingsport milestone, but I'm sure Science Hill did some chuckling of their own: All those wins and no state title. It would be great if HHS could get the wins flowing like they used to, and make more state tourney appearances again. They're one of the old-time powers of high-school basketball, with a lot of history and tradition. Hopefully we'll make it again.

DB has one state title, back in 1945. They've gone 27 times and have a record of 49-26. They've been runners-up 4 times... The state tourney used to have 16 teams didn't it? That would explain 49 wins and only 5 appearances in the championship game.

QUOTE(Rangerbook06 @ Jan 22 2007 - 03:31 PM) 826341243[/snapback]

DB has one state title, back in 1945. They've gone 27 times and have a record of 49-26. They've been runners-up 4 times... The state tourney used to have 16 teams didn't it? That would explain 49 wins and only 5 appearances in the championship game.

Thanx for the clarification on D-B. I know a lot about Hampton sports history, but not too much about D-B. I suppose the lesson here would be to stick to what I know about wouldn't it? Anyway, do you have any idea just how many times Hampton has made it to the state?

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Jan 22 2007 - 03:46 PM) 826341268[/snapback]

Thanx for the clarification on D-B. I know a lot about Hampton sports history, but not too much about D-B. I suppose the lesson here would be to stick to what I know about wouldn't it? Anyway, do you have any idea just how many times Hampton has made it to the state?

I have no idea... You might want to find one of those old timers at one of your games and ask him that.