Brentwood vs. Overton

bhs51

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(boomer5 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826344736[/snapback]

Brentwood beats Overton in a lay down match.

I realy don't think it was a lay down match several of our guys did not wrestle due to injuries . Our 45 ribs our 52 ribs our 40 still trouble with ankle one of our 30's is ankle .Our 103 doing the best thing a person can do . He became an oficial citizen of the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(boomer5 @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826344736[/snapback]

Brentwood beats Overton in a lay down match.

Ah....But ole Gabe did this on purpose to pull Ravenwood this weekend. He's a smart one that Gabe. I'm sure Brentwood's confidence went up thinking that they actually beat Overton. LOL

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:17 AM) 826346552[/snapback]

Ah....But ole Gabe did this on purpose to pull Ravenwood this weekend. He's a smart one that Gabe. I'm sure Brentwood's confidence went up thinking that they actually beat Overton. LOL

Now, that does sound like Gabe using a little leverage on and off the mat.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:17 AM) 826346552[/snapback]

This morning's Nashville Tennessean has an article on the match confirming your suspicions, workinprogress ( from the article......."Overton Coach Ralph Gabriel weighed in only four wrestlers and lost intentionally to Brentwood in a match this week so his team could open with Ravenwood in the Region 6-AAA tournament." ). Sets up an opening round match-up with Ravenwood, who Overton apparently feels it matches up better with, and puts Brentwood against Franklin. Since Region 6 qualifies two to the state duals, winning the first round gets you in the door. The finals then becomes a match to determine who you might be pitted against at state ( assuming they match 1s vs. 2s).

Guest workinprogress

QUOTE(BuckLateral @ Jan 26 2007 - 09:44 AM) 826346781[/snapback]

This morning's Nashville Tennessean has an article on the match confirming your suspicions, workinprogress ( from the article......."Overton Coach Ralph Gabriel weighed in only four wrestlers and lost intentionally to Brentwood in a match this week so his team could open with Ravenwood in the Region 6-AAA tournament." ). Sets up an opening round match-up with Ravenwood, who Overton apparently feels it matches up better with, and puts Brentwood against Franklin. Since Region 6 qualifies two to the state duals, winning the first round gets you in the door. The finals then becomes a match to determine who you might be pitted against at state ( assuming they match 1s vs. 2s).

Just read that myself. Good strategic move by Gabriel. Good luck to the bobcats.

QUOTE(workinprogress @ Jan 26 2007 - 10:19 AM) 826346824[/snapback]

Just read that myself. Good strategic move by Gabriel. Good luck to the bobcats.

If that had been most anybody else, they would have been ducking a team that they didn't feel they could beat. But since its Overton and good ol Gabe, its a good stratigic move. I hope Overton gets beat badly by Ravenwood!!

QUOTE(tnko @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:47 PM) 826347419[/snapback]

If that had been most anybody else, they would have been ducking a team that they didn't feel they could beat. But since its Overton and good ol Gabe, its a good stratigic move. I hope Overton gets beat badly by Ravenwood!!

tnko thats no way to be . It makes for a better rivalry . You should have read the article .