Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826343664[/snapback]

Not to be picky or anything, but SHS is Sweetwater High School,Sequoyah's biggest rival. Sequoyah is SQHS. Yes I know that doesn't make sense, but when the school started the students called it SQHS to distinguish it from Sweetwater, and so that Sweetwater could not say they were copying them. Also, Sweetwater used to have a big S on their helmets while Sequoyah had a big S with a spear through it. So to seperate the schools, the SQHS identification was born.

ol buddy we both know it's not the letters on the helment nor the # on the jersey that seperates the two. It's the HEART inside the player. Anybody can be born a Cherokee, or a Redskin. But only the strongest, only the bravest only the BEST, can ever be hailed as a CHIEF!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sequoyah SID @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826343664[/snapback]

Not to be picky or anything, but SHS is Sweetwater High School,Sequoyah's biggest rival. Sequoyah is SQHS. Yes I know that doesn't make sense, but when the school started the students called it SQHS to distinguish it from Sweetwater, and so that Sweetwater could not say they were copying them. Also, Sweetwater used to have a big S on their helmets while Sequoyah had a big S with a spear through it. So to seperate the schools, the SQHS identification was born.

ol buddy we both know it's not the letters on the helment nor the # on the jersey that seperates the two. It's the HEART inside the player. Anybody can be born a Cherokee, or a Redskin. But only the strongest, only the bravest only the BEST, can ever be hailed as a CHIEF!

QUOTE(V IS 4 VICTORY @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826343839[/snapback]

Well Put!

QUOTE(Umpire2829 @ Jan 24 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826343841[/snapback]

What's the bio on the new coach or rather the one everybody is hoping for? Obviously I'm not from Monroe County but I guarantee I'll see him at least once or twice this fall. Thanks.

Everyone is hoping for Ronnie Summey, awaiting board approval. He was an assistant at South Pitt late 70's early 80's, came to Vonore in 83-84, left Vonore to be assistant at Maryville.

QUOTE(big blue player @ Jan 24 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826343959[/snapback]

I do not think he has actively coached in several years. I think his last assignment was one of the freshmen coaches at Maryville.

You are correct, but he has been involved with the program the whole time. He hasn't been actively coaching but has been in the program, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

It has been a while since he has actively coached,but football is still blocking and tackling.The motivational skills have not eroded a bit over the years.He is an excellent football coach and a better man who will help our boys grow into fine young men.They will be able to depend on what he tells them,and what he tells them will be what he means,and there will be no doubt about that or where they stand with him.If they want to play for him.they need to work hard in practice.All will have a chance regardless.It will be a tight ship run his way,FIRST CLASS.I am new to this,so forgive me,no offense intended to anyone.Just giving what information I know about coach.

Contact coach Quarles at Maryville and see if we are settling for second best.I don't believe that is what you would find out.They are glad to see him even consider getting back into coaching.I believe this is the best chance to bring two rival communities together united for our kids,which is what it all boils down to anyway.

QUOTE(BlueQB12 @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:09 PM) 826344160[/snapback]

It has been a while since he has actively coached,but football is still blocking and tackling.The motivational skills have not eroded a bit over the years.He is an excellent football coach and a better man who will help our boys grow into fine young men.They will be able to depend on what he tells them,and what he tells them will be what he means,and there will be no doubt about that or where they stand with him.If they want to play for him.they need to work hard in practice.All will have a chance regardless.It will be a tight ship run his way,FIRST CLASS.I am new to this,so forgive me,no offense intended to anyone.Just giving what information I know about coach.

No offense taken, you just offered your opinion of how things will be under him. Not a problem that I can see. I agree, he says what is on his mind, and he knows how he wants things and he sticks to what he says, that will be a change, huh? We sound like kindred spirits.

QUOTE(bigredbird @ Jan 24 2007 - 02:16 PM) 826344174[/snapback]

No offense to anyone at Sequoyah High School or the administration but why did you guys choose this coach. If he isn't currently or recently a head football coach why would they not look for the very best? Was it something about certification or maybe no current head coaches applied? It just seems that this school has a history for settling for second best? No offense to the new coach because I honestly do not know him or anything about him other than what has been posted.

Again no offense taken. As a matter of fact coach Daniels, who I believe is your head coach, wanted the job too, it's just a matter of 1) credentials and reccomendations (he has improved every program he has been involved with, and as BlueQB12 mentioned, Quarles highly reccomended him) and 2) community involvement. The communities are all abuzz about this and seems to be bringing a unification about, which has been long overdue.