McNairy vsa Liberty any one have ne updates?

Billyjoe02

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liberty wins 72-51. McNairy played a good first half but Liberty got serious in the second half. A few questionable calls for McNairy in the third is what put the Crusaders up by around 20. Without the weird calls I believe that it woulda been a little closer but Liberty was obviously the better team. With their athleticism and deepness it is easy to see why they own Tennessee.

QUOTE(BlueNation07 @ Jan 23 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826343110[/snapback]

Liberty wins 72-51. McNairy played a good first half but Liberty got serious in the second half. A few questionable calls for McNairy in the third is what put the Crusaders up by around 20. Without the weird calls I believe that it woulda been a little closer but Liberty was obviously the better team. With their athleticism and deepness it is easy to see why they own Tennessee.

I agree totally with the weird calls....maybe there should be a better word than weird. I'd have to say on both sides of the court. To be a district game it was very poorly called. It really got in the way of a good game......and that's too bad. I saw the refs huddling together on the floor during timeouts....giggling and pointing at coaches and players.....not very profesional guys, this ain't pee wee ball.....or church league

McNairy scored almost the same as the last game...1 point less. Liberty scored 16 less than last time.

McNairy is really playing good right now.....they will be good in the playoffs.

The refs were awful and both ways. I would like to see one game this year were the refs do a decent job. McNairy came out and played real well in the 1st period and led after the 1st qtr. I thought they could have push that lead even bigger through half of the 2nd qtr but they kept making mistakes. They really handled the press well at the beginning but in the 2nd half Liberty forced them into a bunch of mistakes and led to easy baskets.. That is the one thing you can not do against Liberty and that is make mistakes. You have to play 4 full qtrs to beat them. Good Luck to Liberty friday against Oak Hill and take them boys out.

Don't worry Cardinal, McNairy has a good chance of making it out of the district. They have found their starting five and everybody else seems to settle into their role. If I was you, I would be trying to keep people out of your student section getting thrown out of the game and not throw small basketballs at the other student section because you lost. Maybe you should write another article in On The Ball about the Cardinal Crazies: A Classless Act.

QUOTE(Cardinalcrazie @ Jan 24 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826344157[/snapback]

Looks like trouble for Central. Look like they wont be making it out of District.

McNairy's position does NOT look good at the moment but I like their chances of beating both Lexington & Chester Co. the next time they play those teams.

12AA Standings:

1.) Liberty Tech (8-0)

2.) Jackson South Side (5-2)

3.) Bolivar Central (5-3)

4.) Lexington (5-3)

5.) Chester Co. (2-5)

6.) McNairy Central (2-6)

7.) Camden (0-8)

McNairy Central has lost their first meetings to Bolivar Central, Chester Co., & Lexington. They split the season series with Jackson South Side & got swept by Liberty Tech.

This means that in order to reach the Regionals they are more than likely going to have to go on the road and win their District Tournament opener (at JSS, Bolivar, or Lexington).

IN OTHER WORDS, the odds are not in their favor right now but it can be done if they continue to play the way that they did last Friday night in the win over South Side and last night in the first half in the loss to Liberty.

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Jan 24 2007 - 03:52 PM) 826344353[/snapback]

The refs were awful and both ways. I would like to see one game this year were the refs do a decent job. McNairy came out and played real well in the 1st period and led after the 1st qtr. I thought they could have push that lead even bigger through half of the 2nd qtr but they kept making mistakes. They really handled the press well at the beginning but in the 2nd half Liberty forced them into a bunch of mistakes and led to easy baskets.. That is the one thing you can not do against Liberty and that is make mistakes. You have to play 4 full qtrs to beat them. Good Luck to Liberty friday against Oak Hill and take them boys out.

Don't worry Cardinal, McNairy has a good chance of making it out of the district. They have found their starting five and everybody else seems to settle into their role. If I was you, I would be trying to keep people out of your student section getting thrown out of the game and not throw small basketballs at the other student section because you lost. Maybe you should write another article in On The Ball about the Cardinal Crazies: A Classless Act.

look man, id like to apologize for the balls being thrown... that was senseless and uncalled for. i can't say that i haven't done dumb things while standing in the student section before, during, or after games but i will say that i have had to apologize, and i don't mind doing it for the group.

but before we go too far with "classless" accusations and all that jazz, centrals bunch isn't a crowd of angels... and im not going to comment on why, because i know im guilty of some really stupid stuff. but hey... at least our A.D. didnt try to seperate and move yall's student section all around the gym............ but its not like it woulda mattered anyway, on the road or at home your student section STILL cant be heard... but at least ur ball team does the talkin for ya.

once again... many apologies about the balls being thrown.

Big Country, I don't think the higher seed gets home court advantage in 12AA. I think the whole tournament is at McNairy. I might be wrong but I think it was up to the districts if they wanted to let the top teams host 1st round or have the whole tournament at one school.

A-Alexander, I don't know what your talking about with the MC student section but I haven't saw any of them thrown out or threw anything at other people. It might be some of their chants or what they say to the opposing players. However, I enjoyed going to the games in the mid 90's to not only watch the games but to watch the student section because they were the best section I have ever seen. They said some bad chants and talk alot of smack to the players and it help the team win alot of close games because some players couldn't handle it or a ref didn't want to make a call because he did not want to hear them on him. Some might have thought they were classless but they did their job and didn't get thrown out or throw anything. I agree with the MC section this year. I think they could be alot louder and they only cheer in spurts instead of the whole game.

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826344766[/snapback]

Big Country, I don't think the higher seed gets home court advantage in 12AA. I think the whole tournament is at McNairy. I might be wrong but I think it was up to the districts if they wanted to let the top teams host 1st round or have the whole tournament at one school.

A-Alexander, I don't know what your talking about with the MC student section but I haven't saw any of them thrown out or threw anything at other people. It might be some of their chants or what they say to the opposing players. However, I enjoyed going to the games in the mid 90's to not only watch the games but to watch the student section because they were the best section I have ever seen. They said some bad chants and talk alot of smack to the players and it help the team win alot of close games because some players couldn't handle it or a ref didn't want to make a call because he did not want to hear them on him. Some might have thought they were classless but they did their job and didn't get thrown out or throw anything. I agree with the MC section this year. I think they could be alot louder and they only cheer in spurts instead of the whole game.

The regional tournament has changed this year. The top two seeds in the district tournament will host the first game of their regional tournament. if you win that game, Waverly will be the host of the remainder of the regional tournament this year.

Yeah...McNairy hosts the whole district tournament this year. And as far as McNairy's student section...I agree. We could definitely be louder but I am one of the few that is constantly yelling my head off. As one of the founders of the Blue Nation, I am happy with what we have now. I can think back to when I was in the eighth and ninth grade and there was virtually no noise coming from the student section. It has turned into something positive for the whole student body. Now...McNairy will make it out of district and I believe fairly deep into region play. The Bobcats are playing like they should be now and we've finally found the right starting five. We should win out in the district. If we play like we have been, Bolivar, Lexington, and Chester County will all go down. I wasn't that impressed with any of these teams when we played them the first time...the only reason the cats lost is because they were in a slump. They've shaken whatever was wrong with them and I am looking forward to an incredible postseason run.

QUOTE(LetMeHearYA @ Jan 24 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826344766[/snapback]

i just wanted to clairify that i did not partake in the ball throwing... i was just apologizing for the group as a whole... i thought it was ridiculous... and yes i would say classless... but i was also pointing out the fact that MCHS has no room to point a finger...