WHAT REGION HAS THE BEST AND THE WORST REF'S

KEV-O

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(THECRIPDEVIL @ Jan 23 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826343133[/snapback]

I know Region 1 ref's are not the best but we have a few good one's hear and there.

Nice one! Do we want to play these cards now, or wait a couple of weeks. Not that these guys would take constructive critcism the wrong way or anything like that. (X)

This is stupid. Great idea, let's ###### off the ref's right before the most important matches of the year are ready to start. Plus, we get the added bonus of knowing that you are a devil. Hmmmmmm......any ref's out there ready to stick it to Halls or Greeneville? That's the only devils that I can think of. Good one.

QUOTE(TheDarkHalf @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826343603[/snapback]

This is stupid. Great idea, let's ###### off the ref's right before the most important matches of the year are ready to start. Plus, we get the added bonus of knowing that you are a devil. Hmmmmmm......any ref's out there ready to stick it to Halls or Greeneville? That's the only devils that I can think of. Good one.

Look at what region he is from then do some research before you make a statement like this.

As far as good or bad Ref's go I have only been watching wrestling for about four years now.

I think they all do a good job nobody is perfect and I would not want their job. If you are not happy

with the job you see them doing try it your self and see how easy it is then try and help the ones you think are not making good calls.

Memphis is very bad! They probably have some good officials in the Memphis area but one family controls everything and they are going to send family members and friends to the big tournaments.

Nashville was good in the past but it's probably been 10-15 years. The good officials retired or decided they had families that need their time more than the officials association and everyone should understand that thought process. Let's take a close look at some of the retired Nashville officials:

Joe Wiggins, Kevin Marchettie (Sewannee wrestler), Tim Garrett (Sewannee wrestler), Ralph Williams (MTSU wrestler), Mike Apple (University of Tennessee wrestler), Brian Goeble (University of Tennessee wrestler), Jim Simpson (MTSU wrestler & semi retired), Brian Dunning (University of Tennessee & semi retired), David Scott (MTSU wrestler), Jim Turbeville, David Buck (MTSU wrestler)

Most if not all of those officials were used to officiate the state tournament so when they retired it was a huge loss of experience.

QUOTE(TheDarkHalf @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826343673[/snapback]

How do you look at what region he is from?

Only way i would think it look on the board topics he post on alot. Me I post alot on Region 8 so look aorund if he post alot on region 1 stuff he probably represents a team from region 1. Thats the way i would do it.

QUOTE(TheDarkHalf @ Jan 24 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826343673[/snapback]

How do you look at what region he is from?

Only way i would think it look on the board topics he post on alot. Me I post alot on Region 8 so look aorund if he post alot on region 1 stuff he probably represents a team from region 1. Thats the way i would do it.

Middle TN officiating is coming right along and the less experienced refs work closley with the more experienced ones (P. A., Jack Faircloth, T. Able, Brian Dunning, Gannon, David Holcumb, Neff, the Clark - combo, and many others) to improve. They were trying to get ol' Jeff Hudgens to come back out, but he won't.

There were probably 30+ officials calling matches last weekend and 80 or so there in attendance from middle TN. Numbers look strong and I know they are working hard to improve quality.