Munford 4-real or 4-rent

WestTnVols

QUOTE(Yanker @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826345405[/snapback]

Both of you PLEASE keep up this foolishness...JCM will run away with the region while HC and Munford argue about something that does not even matter! The YANKER has a great idea...have your banquet and presentation of your "Regional Rings" on the day of the JCM-Munford game!!!! That distraction will help JCM win a big region game and you can finally have your banquet and get your promised rings. The YANKER does hope that JCM has an open date on the night HC and Munford meet again...if so, the YANKER will be there!!!!!

It may not be a problem, Yanker. They may play the game in Jackson, so all of the Memphis parents can watch their sons play for Munford. That would make it a neutral site.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(realredpride @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826345382[/snapback]

One more thing before I drop it. Have you looked at film? Gaddis walks straight to coach. No faculty members or fans were around yet. How could they have gotten there so quickly any way? Films don't lie. Check it out. Besides, it was said in front of two assistant coaches, not Gaddis. Did not know your coach had called Gaddis an A******. Thanks for sharing that. That sounds as professional as not swapping film or even returning phone calls to explain why you don't. Congratulations on your 2006 region championship, Munford!

I don't have to check out the film because I was there. I got there so quickly because I happened to be standing next to him on the sidelines and walked out there with him. Gaddis didn't want to shake his hand so I guess your coach shows professionalism as well. What was not said is what you claim in your other post. I think you added a little to it. Maybe Gaddis had some hard feelings on the tape deal. As a matter of fact Randall singled out your star players and congratulated them specifically. And yes I saw your asst. coaches walking up at that time as a matter of fact I shook their hands. So you can check that out on tape since you weren't there at the moment.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826345477[/snapback]

I don't have to check out the film because I was there. I got there so quickly because I happened to be standing next to him on the sidelines and walked out there with him. Gaddis didn't want to shake his hand so I guess your coach shows professionalism as well. What was not said is what you claim in your other post. I think you added a little to it. Maybe Gaddis had some hard feelings on the tape deal. As a matter of fact Randall singled out your star players and congratulated them specifically. And yes I saw your asst. coaches walking up at that time as a matter of fact I shook their hands. So you can check that out on tape since you weren't there at the moment.

Oh yes, I was very close by, much closer than you know. I still know that I believe what I saw and heard and trust our assistants completely. It was said. I know what I know, and I am not the only one who does. Again, your loyalty is honorable, your ability to be everywhere at once is astounding (did you run around behind the coach all night?), and your knowledge of where I was standing on that night is psychic. I think if you ask any team we played and lost to if Gaddis was professional, they would say "very." Perhaps the problems lie elsewhere. I think it is time for us to drop it and play next year's game.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 12:24 PM) 826345477[/snapback]

QUOTE(the prophet @ Jan 25 2007 - 03:17 PM) 826345735[/snapback]

Well, not to shake hands would not be a lack of professionalism, however, using the phrase that Randle used, that is unprofessional at the high school level. Maybe not at a higher level. Also, the tape thing, It is perfectly fine for coach Randle to not swap films and that is obviously his choice, but professional courtesy would be to return a phone call and say, "I am not going to trade tapes with you".

Tape trading is like shaking hands, a simple courtesy, not somehting that has to be done. Using profanity within earshot of someone, anyone that does not want to hear that kind of language is very unprofessional regardless of who it was directed at. I was there, I am not offended by the language, but I was emabressed for the ignorant coach talking like that in front of so many young men.

Oh boo-hoo!Like high-school boys have never heard a `bad word` before.Neither way was proffesional but crying like a baby because u lost and someone wouldnt trade film with you is pathetic!The fact of the matter is Randle out coached Gaddis like he does so many other coaches.So i say we grow a pair and stop worrying about a curse word and preventing a pity handshake and get back to discussing the fact that Munford is a thriving program that obviously many worry about!!!!!

QUOTE(realredpride @ Jan 25 2007 - 11:52 AM) 826345422[/snapback]

It may not be a problem, Yanker. They may play the game in Jackson, so all of the Memphis parents can watch their sons play for Munford. That would make it a neutral site.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I can't understand why this goes on and on and on ....Take this down as fact...this will happen! There will be several more kids at Munford next year from either Memphis, Millington, or perhaps even Brighton. Why? The man's reputation has been impecable for years. Not a few days or months, but years!! Ask any coach in Memphis. They might not want to play him but they will tell you one thing and that he is a man of class. If he were truly the DEVIL reincarnated as some of you intimate, (and it appears it all comes from Henry County) stories of this nature would abound. (Afterall, if what has been posted on here was correct, we would have heard of the same type of behavior elsewhere...and it ain't happened..People, like leopards, do not change their spots. They continue to be what they are. I have never heard of him conducting himself in any way except as a person of humility and professionalism. As I said earlier, my son played for him, and I have, over the course of twenty four years had the opportunity to work a number of his ballgames ( and believe me, in some very heated Friday nights, if the behavior that you have cited did occur, it would have happened before. Am I saying that it isn't possible that something was said..NO! I am only saying that I have never heard of anything of that nature happening anywhere before and I would find this story difficult to believe as far as it being credible. I would hope this is simply not an effort on someone's part to discredit a person that has represented himself and his teams in such a fine manner over a lifetime.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826345250[/snapback]

Knowing him as well as I do, that does sound like sour grapes because I don't see anyway that he would say that. Somebody made that up I'm sure. I'd have to see proof like a recording of him saying that before I believed it. As far as rumors of him leaving. One of the reasons he went to Munford was because the booster club promised him several extra thousands of $ to make it comparable to what he had at East High. Well, the boost club failed to come up with any of it. As a matter of fact the booster club there also promised the kids they'd get region champ rings, seniors would get their jerseys matted and framed, and all kinds of stuff. Heck, they haven't even been able to give the kids a banquet there. There have been a lot of broken promises made to the staff and kids. So yes I can imagine that he had been disappointed there and was looking at other options. I've heard around $20 grand worth of disappointment. What would you do? The administration at Munford very much wants him to stay. They are very appreciative of what he has done and there is a good relationship there with them and the community. I do know, as of recent, there has been a turnover of all of the leadership of the booster club. Maybe some things will be fixed and everybody can be happy. We'll see. However, you need to know more about what you type. You can't listen to heresay. That's one reason I don't get on here much more..too much drama. There's too much talk. It's easier to watch soap operas. Just play the games and leave it on the field.

QUOTE(formerCoach81 @ Jan 25 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826345250[/snapback]

Knowing him as well as I do, that does sound like sour grapes because I don't see anyway that he would say that. Somebody made that up I'm sure. I'd have to see proof like a recording of him saying that before I believed it. As far as rumors of him leaving. One of the reasons he went to Munford was because the booster club promised him several extra thousands of $ to make it comparable to what he had at East High. Well, the boost club failed to come up with any of it. As a matter of fact the booster club there also promised the kids they'd get region champ rings, seniors would get their jerseys matted and framed, and all kinds of stuff. Heck, they haven't even been able to give the kids a banquet there. There have been a lot of broken promises made to the staff and kids. So yes I can imagine that he had been disappointed there and was looking at other options. I've heard around $20 grand worth of disappointment. What would you do? The administration at Munford very much wants him to stay. They are very appreciative of what he has done and there is a good relationship there with them and the community. I do know, as of recent, there has been a turnover of all of the leadership of the booster club. Maybe some things will be fixed and everybody can be happy. We'll see. However, you need to know more about what you type. You can't listen to heresay. That's one reason I don't get on here much more..too much drama. There's too much talk. It's easier to watch soap operas. Just play the games and leave it on the field.

Well this something new to me, but being a part of the boosters', let me set the story straight for formercoach81. I've been to every meeting, and your info is way out in left field. The whole thing about regional rings, jerseys, football banquet was all put on hold until all outstanding debts were paid in full. If you check with the Coach, the regional rings will be ordered next week with the booster club paying a majority of it, the banquet is set(moved because of holiday schedule and planning purpose). The whole thing was that the booster's paid off the new weight room for the school. Yes, over $26,000 this year got PAID by the booster club for the football team and rest of the high school to use. In the last two years, the boosters have made alot of changes at the school for the football program. As far as the bonus promises to the coaches, that was voted on before the coaches came to Munford, and as I was on the board, we, the boosters could not commit to any monies up front. Never has it been said, that the coaching staff would not get a bonus, if the boosters had a successful year. But with lack of booster membership, fundraising, and paying off an outstanding debt, I feel that the booster club made the choices that maybe will help the coaching staff in the long run. At least they didn't let the debt get added to the football account and have to worry about that. The coaching staff is doing a great job at Munford and I hope for the sake of God that they stay and continue to work with the boys and keep building a stronger foundation and program. I don't know why formercoach81 would even say things about the booster club, but thats his right, but when I got a call, I felt that theres two sides to every story and I've been there and have been involved. And for the record, yes there are new officers for the booster club and I'm sure they will have some great and new ideas for this football program. Have a great day!

QUOTE(mhsfrmbstprez @ Jan 26 2007 - 06:55 AM) 826346530[/snapback]

Well this something new to me, but being a part of the boosters', let me set the story straight for formercoach81. I've been to every meeting, and your info is way out in left field. The whole thing about regional rings, jerseys, football banquet was all put on hold until all outstanding debts were paid in full. If you check with the Coach, the regional rings will be ordered next week with the booster club paying a majority of it, the banquet is set(moved because of holiday schedule and planning purpose). The whole thing was that the booster's paid off the new weight room for the school. Yes, over $26,000 this year got PAID by the booster club for the football team and rest of the high school to use. In the last two years, the boosters have made alot of changes at the school for the football program. As far as the bonus promises to the coaches, that was voted on before the coaches came to Munford, and as I was on the board, we, the boosters could not commit to any monies up front. Never has it been said, that the coaching staff would not get a bonus, if the boosters had a successful year. But with lack of booster membership, fundraising, and paying off an outstanding debt, I feel that the booster club made the choices that maybe will help the coaching staff in the long run. At least they didn't let the debt get added to the football account and have to worry about that. The coaching staff is doing a great job at Munford and I hope for the sake of God that they stay and continue to work with the boys and keep building a stronger foundation and program. I don't know why formercoach81 would even say things about the booster club, but thats his right, but when I got a call, I felt that theres two sides to every story and I've been there and have been involved. And for the record, yes there are new officers for the booster club and I'm sure they will have some great and new ideas for this football program. Have a great day!

One question I forgot to ask formercoach81, how could the booster club promise thousands of dollars, when they didn't know Coach Randle was going to be the new coach until he was already hired by the administator? Maybe someone else promised Coach money but it wasn't the booster club.

QUOTE(cougars80 @ Jan 25 2007 - 04:36 PM) 826345816[/snapback]

Oh boo-hoo!Like high-school boys have never heard a `bad word` before.Neither way was proffesional but crying like a baby because u lost and someone wouldnt trade film with you is pathetic!The fact of the matter is Randle out coached Gaddis like he does so many other coaches.So i say we grow a pair and stop worrying about a curse word and preventing a pity handshake and get back to discussing the fact that Munford is a thriving program that obviously many worry about!!!!!

Munford is a thriving program and one for all teams to worry about. I never said he wasn't a great coach. We will just have to agree to disagree about the other. I said I would drop it and start looking toward next year's game. I will also try to grow a pair before next season.

QUOTE(realredpride @ Jan 26 2007 - 07:09 AM) 826346544[/snapback]

Munford is a thriving program and one for all teams to worry about. I never said he wasn't a great coach. We will just have to agree to disagree about the other. I said I would drop it and start looking toward next year's game. I will also try to grow a pair before next season.

GOOD!!, its dropped, lets kill the thread, get in the weight room, blow the whistle in the fall and get after it. PEACE!!!