New Sequoyah Coach- hot off the press

theDL

Ladies and gents, the DL once again has the down low on high school football in East TN. The administration at Sequoyah High School has finally decided to turn serious in their football program. One member on the board at Sequoyah says, "It is time Sequoyah begins to play some football and we're gonna spend some money on some good help."

Well good help they found. Apparently negotiations have been going on for months and a deal was finally brokered. They stepped a little over their budget but brought in a true veteran on the gridiron as a player and as a coach. So who is this old battle warrior you ask? It is none other than RONNIE SUMMEY!!!! With a humble background growing up in Vonore, TN, Summey caught the eye of recruiters all over the nation but decided to stay local and play for Tennessee Tech. Upon graduating and refusing offers to play in the NFL, Summey said, "I want to give something back, I will teach and coach."

I will fill you all in on this middle aged, dare I say "living legend," complete with his illustrious and amazing coaching career as well as what he's been doing in his 12 years off the coaching ranks. I will say that he has close ties with the Maryville coaching staff. It is truly a glorious day for the Sequoyah Chiefs. When asked about coaching the Chiefs, Coach Ronnie Summey stated, "I'm back."

The DL has the DL

clown? Are you speaking of my humble self or Coach Summey? Specifics help. That way people know what you're talking about. Perhaps Sequoyah's old Coach can can head over to Oak Ridge. I'm sure his losing percentage pretty will fit in pretty well with Oak Ridge's current play. But best of luck this season to Sequoyah and Oak Ridge.

The DL has the DL "thats down low my friends"