Another poor act of gamemanship

celtic33

What she said was, "No class at the top, huh, coach?" Is that worth showing your butt to the entire community?

Maybe a proper response would have been "Maybe someday you'll understand." But to completely come unglued like he did?

There were aplogies made and it's all over now. Nonetheless, I can't wait to see the matchup next year.....

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

QUOTE(winndixie @ Feb 10 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826366899[/snapback]Great from Smith Co. fan. Your girls coach leaves the 6'8 girl in til the final horn or very close to it no matter what the score is. Takes all other starters out but leaves her to pad the stat sheet.

I assume you have seen a lot of Smith Co. bb games to make this comment. Exactly which games would you be talking about. Although the 6'8" girl is good

I don't remember Smith Co. being ahead enough or behind enough to make many changes...especially with their deep bench of 2 freshman.

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826367236[/snapback]maybe the young lady stays in because she is a freshman and he wants her to get the best experience available - which is to play against somebody other than your teammates.

just a thought - i don't really know - it does seem unsportsmanlike to run up the points - nobody wants to get beaten so badly -

What are you supposed to do, tell your 6th thru 15 player that they are going to get some playing time because the other team is not any good, but, you are not going to be able to shoot? That is silly, you teach all of your players to perform if they get the opportunity. If the opponent cant stop your "c" team, then maybe its time for the opponent to talk to the girls about off season workouts and committment. If you want people to play for fun then go and join the Church, rec, or Y league, other wise lace em up, and play to the best of your ability.I have always respected teams who's reputation got to the gym before they did. (for playing tough and never quitting and running you over). Some players remember it all four years. There are no basketball scholarships for players who lay down against a weaker opponent. When a coach fills his/her schedule with patsies, he will end up with a good record, but he will also be dispatched as a poser when tournament time comes around. You can always respect teams like Harpeth, Lipscomb, Upperman, DCA, Ezell, and many others who fill their out of district games with each other, thus not wasting a game against a lesser opponent and preparing themselves for the tough games that lie ahead. Sometimes it takes a few beatings to find the strength and desire to get better. So I guess what I am saying is stop crying and get better, and for a coach who schedules weak teams to make his/her win loss record look good. You will get embarrassed towards the end of February and if you get through feb, then you will get a taste of humility in March and you will be a patsy on the big stage.