TN Middle School Duals-Pigeon Forge

pattonboysdad

QUOTE(LouWho @ Jan 27 2007 - 10:18 PM) 826348689[/snapback]

If sharp shooters are a combo team- what is the difference b/w them and "all-star" teams???

Like I said this is what I heard. But I don't know if we will ever know the truth because it is too late. The tourn is over and the winner won.

I am sure that these young men will continue their HS careers at a HS, at least I hope so. They are very talented young men.

To the person who said the tourn was weak, please be kind because these are still young men who are developing and alot can change when they do develop into men.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(timcol @ Jan 27 2007 - 11:12 PM) 826348677[/snapback]

I believe Sharp Shooters are not a MS team but are a combo of middle school wrestlers. Just what I heard?!?!

Also please note that the school name is LAKE FOREST and these young men will go to BC not WV or Cleveland.

They have good coaches, Belcher, Ensminger, and Weber.

But next year they will be at BC with Logsdon and Laxton.

Oh! By the way how many wrestlers out there remember their MS records anyway?

i assure you many remember all their stats....from aau and up...my son has been keeping track since he was six years old

QUOTE(LouWho @ Jan 27 2007 - 11:18 PM) 826348689[/snapback]

If sharp shooters are a combo team- what is the difference b/w them and "all-star" teams???

i spoke with one of the parents from sharp-shooters...i was told that there was only a couple of kids that did not go to that school...but the middle school that they attended did not have a wrestling team...in which, in that situation i understand...not quite another route to go in that situation...but i assure you ALL seymour wrestlers attend seymour middle school.

QUOTE(LouWho @ Jan 27 2007 - 09:18 PM) 826348689[/snapback]

here is some context for sharpshooters: we are not an all-star team...we are a program that has been built over the last 7 years...starting with 6 wrestlers and now has over a hundred...1st grade through 8th. we only have three wrestlers that are starters (most have wrestled only two years) that have wrestled more than 3 years...and one of them is a 4th grader and one of them is a 5th grader ...

to be honest...it is a bunch of country boys who have worked hard with some good coaching...and great parent support...bill kennedy has given the vision and the kids and parents bought in to it... next year we will not be as strong...so we will be climbing the ladder once again...but this year...we are good and all i and others were doing was reporting the scores...and i would have done it if we had lost every match...told the other team good job on Coach T...and would have never questioned the competition etc.

during the year...13 of 14 starters on the sharpshooters were zoned for blackman middle school and blackman high school...the one guy was zoned for another

school and wrestles with us because his school does not have middle school wrestling...

QUOTE(pattonboysdad @ Jan 28 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826348854[/snapback]

here is some context for sharpshooters: we are not an all-star team...we are a program that has been built over the last 7 years...starting with 6 wrestlers and now has over a hundred...1st grade through 8th. we only have three wrestlers that are starters (most have wrestled only two years) that have wrestled more than 3 years...and one of them is a 4th grader and one of them is a 5th grader ...

to be honest...it is a bunch of country boys who have worked hard with some good coaching...and great parent support...bill kennedy has given the vision and the kids and parents bought in to it... next year we will not be as strong...so we will be climbing the ladder once again...but this year...we are good and all i and others were doing was reporting the scores...and i would have done it if we had lost every match...told the other team good job on Coach T...and would have never questioned the competition etc.

during the year...13 of 14 starters on the sharpshooters were zoned for blackman middle school and blackman high school...the one guy was zoned for another

school and wrestles with us because his school does not have middle school wrestling...

please know...i was not questioning your team at all...i give you bunches of kudos...my son wrestled for seymour and we were really looking forward to wrestling the sharp shooters as we have sometimes done at aau state tournaments...high caliber..and coached the way seymour is...but it didn't work out quite right for us...we lost by 3 points to lake forest for the second time this year...i know our coach is wanting to come wrestle at your tournament next week so, maybe we'll get to wrestle yet...sad, there was a comment made that competition was slim...i don't think so at all...just because it wasn't baylor or mccallie there wrestling doesn't mean there wasn't a great caliber of kids there...

QUOTE(humphreyssm @ Jan 27 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826348914[/snapback]

please know...i was not questioning your team at all...i give you bunches of kudos...my son wrestled for seymour and we were really looking forward to wrestling the sharp shooters as we have sometimes done at aau state tournaments...high caliber..and coached the way seymour is...but it didn't work out quite right for us...we lost by 3 points to lake forest for the second time this year...i know our coach is wanting to come wrestle at your tournament next week so, maybe we'll get to wrestle yet...sad, there was a comment made that competition was slim...i don't think so at all...just because it wasn't baylor or mccallie there wrestling doesn't mean there wasn't a great caliber of kids there...

NO offense taken from you what so ever...

if you will look at my response...i was responding to "louwho"...who did question the competition (he must be from nashville catholic or baylor or McCallie ) louwho is mr. question tonight?

seymour is building something special...i have heard tons of good things and i am glad for it

for me personally...i have three boys...sophomore at blackman, 8th grader (who has been out all year with an injury) and a 5th grader on sharpshooters now...they all started wrestling when very young in Ohio...and came to the sharpshooters 3 seasons ago...i am just very grateful that we have a good program as i know you must be as well ...and i think that would be true of every other dad who has a son wrestling...from chatt. to memphis...

i am just glad to see the bar getting higher in Tenn. for wrestling in an overall way...if it keeps going...10 years from now we wll think we are in iowa...

look me up when you come to the boro at the tournament...

jeff patton