Any updates on the Lexington coach

objbballjunky

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Feb 9 2007 - 08:15 AM) 826364773[/snapback]

So I guess the girls coach will just finish out the season for the boys I presume?

Coach Clement and Coach Forney will continue to coach the team until the end of the season. I haven't heard anything about next year. All I know is that they will have to hire some kind of coach. Forney coaches the both the freshman basketball and football teams, and Clement coaches the girls basketball teams and softball team. They are already stretched pretty thin.

QUOTE(montague1 @ Feb 9 2007 - 07:42 AM) 826364745[/snapback]

The school board voted to dismiss Coach Gardner last night. All I can say is good luck to Coach Gardner where ever he decides to coach at next year, I've heard that he has had job offers already.

Gardner Link

No way can he have job offers already. A teacher who has been fired for the types of charges brought will have their license pulled, possibly forever. While I believe Coach Gardner is not guilty, the system really doesn't work in the manner of innocent until proven guilty. Superintendants are too quick to rush to judge out of fear of a lawsuit, even in the absence of a police investigation or an arrest. The state doesn't take into account that the superintendant could have a grudge or is just an idiot (and I'm not trying to say that is the case here for HC's superintendant).

I hope he fights it till the bitter end. Never let em get the best of you, never give up, Coach Gardner. That football coach at Perry County who was accused of child abuse stood up and fought the superintendant and the school board and he won. So it can be done.

QUOTE(Nedn1stgrade @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826364908[/snapback]

No way can he have job offers already. A teacher who has been fired for the types of charges brought will have their license pulled, possibly forever. While I believe Coach Gardner is not guilty, the system really doesn't work in the manner of innocent until proven guilty. Superintendants are too quick to rush to judge out of fear of a lawsuit, even in the absence of a police investigation or an arrest. The state doesn't take into account that the superintendant could have a grudge or is just an idiot (and I'm not trying to say that is the case here for HC's superintendant).

I hope he fights it till the bitter end. Never let em get the best of you, never give up, Coach Gardner. That football coach at Perry County who was accused of child abuse stood up and fought the superintendant and the school board and he won. So it can be done.

I don't know for a fact that he has offers, thats just what I heard this morning when I asked a friend about the school board meeting. I guess I shouldn't have posted that until I knew it to be fact.

QUOTE(eagle79 @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826364940[/snapback]

So now the charges have been aired in a public forum, will someone please post for the rest of us what Coach Gardner is accused of exactly?

As best as I can quote the superintendant's charges she presented last night, it was inappropriate use of text messaging to a female student and making the female student uncomfortable. Said this was inappropriate behavior and neglect of duty.