Blackman Middle basketball

icecold06

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826368546[/snapback]

I always love those friend of a friend rumors. No grade problems that I know of at MJ. The state should be great. Why did Lavergne have to forfeit some games?

Update from last night: There is some problems with grades and behavior at Mt. Juliet. Two of their starters were benched the first half last night against EO Coffman due to grades and behavior. Don't know how serious it is but they should be back by Friday, I am assuming!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(eddrock @ Feb 13 2007 - 02:41 PM) 826370384[/snapback]

warrior123 who are you and how do you know it was grade problems. i talked to their coach and i think it was only 1 starter

Thats what I was told, am I wrong? I don't have anymore knowledge than the anyone else sitting in the stands. I completely understand that the information could have been wrong and I probably should have quoted it as a "RUMOR" It was the rumor around the gym (Mt. Juliet parents) Basically, what I meant to say, which I did a horrible job of doing, is that I was told by another parent that it was due to grades, basically a rumor.

QUOTE(threepointer @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826371411[/snapback]

I know him as well, do you think he will ever move up?

I think he will one day. He could be a good high school coach because he instills discipline demands respect. I could only imagine if he had a high school chocked full of athletes they would be dangerous

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 14 2007 - 10:27 AM) 826371429[/snapback]

I think he will one day. He could be a good high school coach because he instills discipline demands respect. I could only imagine if he had a high school chocked full of athletes they would be dangerous

I agree. I know him from church at Blackman Middle. I keep up with Blackman Middle School Basketball because the youth minister is on his coaching staff, another one of his coaches and close friends attends church at times there and some of the youth kids play or have played for him and Butch Vaughn (Oakland principal) is a big fan of his and I know they are very close. Therefor I come to the games and support them all.

Butch Vaughn has told me (Before he left to go to oakland) that Coach Moore is one of the most disciplined coaches he as ever known. Butch said he holds all athletes to the same standards and and is not one that finds a way to keep them on the court to better his chances at winning if they haven't earned it and even more important is an excellent classroom teacher.

My conversations with him about this subject have always ended with him stating that being young in his marriage and his walk with Christ that those are the two most important things right now because he realizes that he has to continue to become strong in those areas in order to balance out the hardships of taking over a high school program later on. THATS HUGE for someone to put their desires off to focus on being a good husband, father and christian and to get it right the first time instead of using the later years to make up for it.

It is good to have someone to talk to that knows Blackman Basketball and some of the staff personally.

Thanks

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 15 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826373017[/snapback]

What was the Blackman vs Dickson score?

Not sure of the score. I know Blackman was up 11-1 at the end of the first quarter. They played their bench the remainder of the game. They were way to strong for Dickson. I beleive they ended up winning by 18-20.

Like I said earlier this tournament is going to be better than last year's Neither Mt. Juliet nor Blackman looked good in their opening round wins Mt. JUliet almost and honestly should have lost Blackman won by double digits but once they got 11-0 at the end of the 1st quarter they somewhatcruised the rest of the way. on the other side of the bracket both Central and Lavergne cruised to victoriesNow you have two rematches in the semifinals. Mt. juliet is 2-0 on the season versus Blackman and Lavergne is 3-0 versus Central. neither game is going to be a cake walk for whoever wins

QUOTE(warrior123 @ Feb 14 2007 - 08:09 AM) 826371192[/snapback]

Thats what I was told, am I wrong? I don't have anymore knowledge than the anyone else sitting in the stands. I completely understand that the information could have been wrong and I probably should have quoted it as a "RUMOR" It was the rumor around the gym (Mt. Juliet parents) Basically, what I meant to say, which I did a horrible job of doing, is that I was told by another parent that it was due to grades, basically a rumor.

Not a rumor. As far as middle school boys, lots of problems. No discipline, win at all costs, poor grades. Not the kind of example schools need to establish as a model.

Just an opinion. Information comes straight from the source.