Blackman Middle basketball

icecold06

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(crimsontide43 @ Feb 16 2007 - 12:30 PM) 826374516[/snapback]

Would love to know Dellaballs "SOURCE". I have seen MJ play quite a few games this year and they are a well coached bunch. Blackman's coach seems to also be a class act. I havent seen LMS or CMS so I wont comment on them. The next 3 games will be good ones or I want my admission money back. Like I said before, dont believe those friends of a friend rumors.

Settle down Tide, we're talking about areas away from the floor. I have several friends with children in the system. Some are indifferent, but others talk all the time, and I'm just relaying the info. I don't care if schools choose to look the other way or not. It's not exactly the norm to sacrifice wins to teach life lessons. If I've offended anyone, I apologize. It's just hard to respect winning with kids that bully students, fail classes and fail to show respect to teachers. It's not just a problem with some schools, it's a problem with many. Nothing personal.

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:04 AM) 826374392[/snapback]

That was probably the worse game i have seen Mt. Juliet play in three years, you also have to consider the fact theat they had some players suspended

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826373903[/snapback]

Let's see where should I start. they were barely over .500(10-9 record) they barely beat Siegel in the area(trust me siegel was not that good). They got BLASTED by Blackman(43-18). Mt. Juliet is deeper and has more talent therefore E.O. Coffman in my opinion was inferior, I think if they played Mt. Juliet 10 times they would lose 10 times

In the realm of the sports world, we usually refer to teams that have stats like you mentioned, as "UNDERDOGS". I guess I just figured that a group of 12-14 yr old boys that worked their tail off to get where they are didn't deserve a label such as "INFERIOR".

The thing that you have to remember, is that these kids read these boards just like we do.

QUOTE(ridge @ Feb 17 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826375902[/snapback]

In the realm of the sports world, we usually refer to teams that have stats like you mentioned, as "UNDERDOGS". I guess I just figured that a group of 12-14 yr old boys that worked their tail off to get where they are didn't deserve a label such as "INFERIOR".

The thing that you have to remember, is that these kids read these boards just like we do.

I agree ridge, keep it in perspective. Seems to be a little animosity in the air, especially for junior high sports. If the guys play hard, and try to do their best, should be enough at this level to least escape criticism for a lack of talent. It's like the New York press around here!

p.s. congrats MJ, make the most of the opportunity.

QUOTE(popeyethesailor @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:19 PM) 826376157[/snapback]

I agree ridge, keep it in perspective. Seems to be a little animosity in the air, especially for junior high sports. If the guys play hard, and try to do their best, should be enough at this level to least escape criticism for a lack of talent. It's like the New York press around here!

p.s. congrats MJ, make the most of the opportunity.

Can't believe today's finals between Central and Mt. Juliet was canceled.

QUOTE(ridge @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826375902[/snapback]In the realm of the sports world, we usually refer to teams that have stats like you mentioned, as "UNDERDOGS". I guess I just figured that a group of 12-14 yr old boys that worked their tail off to get where they are didn't deserve a label such as "INFERIOR".

Excuse my in no way was I trying to belittle the kids maybe I used a the wrong but I am sure you knew what I meant

QUOTE(amazedbutwhy @ Feb 18 2007 - 07:12 PM) 826378102[/snapback]Not sure why someone would think you were trying to belittle the kids or anything of the sort icecold06. I even went back and looked at a few of your posts, and you definitely don't seem like the type that would belittle kids. You seem to truly enjoy Jr. High basketball. Keep up the informative posts.

Thanks now back to the tuornament I think if Mt. Juliet Pressures Central today and takes the two big men out of the game they will win by double digits, if not and they slow the game down and get into a half court game Central has a chance

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:30 PM) 826379302[/snapback]Thanks now back to the tuornament I think if Mt. Juliet Pressures Central today and takes the two big men out of the game they will win by double digits, if not and they slow the game down and get into a half court game Central has a chance

Mt. Juiet is the better team. They have some attitude problems and you don't know what team you are getting when it comes to them but if they pressure Central then it is a done deal. If they get into a half court game then Mt. juliet will struggle because of Central size. Central guards can't handle pressure and if you press them then Cnetral posts are forced to handle the ball which they are not good at doing.

This has definitley been a weird tournament this year. Central in the finals is very suprising. However, if Mt. Juliet shoots the ball like they shot against Blackman then they will win by 20. This game will be no contest if Mt. Juliet presses!

QUOTE(Flame123 @ Feb 19 2007 - 03:57 PM) 826379526[/snapback]Mt. Juiet is the better team. They have some attitude problems and you don't know what team you are getting when it comes to them but if they pressure Central then it is a done deal. If they get into a half court game then Mt. juliet will struggle because of Central size. Central guards can't handle pressure and if you press them then Cnetral posts are forced to handle the ball which they are not good at doing.

This has definitley been a weird tournament this year. Central in the finals is very suprising. However, if Mt. Juliet shoots the ball like they shot against Blackman then they will win by 20. This game will be no contest if Mt. Juliet presses!

Central is not going to be able to handle MJ power forward, the Central kids are big but he is a beast...He will be the difference along with Central not being able to match up with the shooting guard, he is to quick.