jamieroper

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Feb 2 2007 - 12:42 PM) 826356009[/snapback]

Then why are you even posting?

Grow up.

My Dad is 88, nearly blind,and hard of hearing. He has not been in a gym in maybe 7 yrs.

He turns up the radio so loud you can hear it in the street and follows all the UT, TTU,and local High School girls.

WHY COULDN'T he post?

Muffin, my Dad,or anyone who follows the game by radio, tv, or any other media has the right to state their opinion.

QUOTE(jimbo44 @ Feb 2 2007 - 10:26 PM) 826356554[/snapback]

Grow up.

My Dad is 88, nearly blind,and hard of hearing. He has not been in a gym in maybe 7 yrs.

He turns up the radio so loud you can hear it in the street and follows all the UT, TTU,and local High School girls.

WHY COULDN'T he post?

Muffin just turned 80 and still very alert and loves his radio, now he don't get around like he did in the past, but he still has nimble fingers

QUOTE(muffin @ Feb 2 2007 - 11:26 PM) 826356653[/snapback]

Turned 80? Now watcher seems as if you are a couple years older than I.

That would make 7Watcher 82. WOW. He must have aged allot since last year. Although my daughter did say "some old man sent you this present". ha ha ha.

Just kidding.

Hey guys, do you think CR and RBS will win out at Region or do you think JC can slip in there????? I told everyone after watching them over the summer that them girls at JC had a ton of heart and fire and that they would not go quitely into to night.

CR lost to Stone but that is not a bad loss. Although CR got them the first time, I knew that SM would respond. The tougher schedule that CR and JC has played may really pay dividends. You look at who the AP has at #1 and #2, then look at there schedule strength, and it is not good. We shall see!!!!!!!

QUOTE(GHvolrebel @ Jan 31 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826354028[/snapback]

I would nominate a person for the number one fan by the name of Danny that goes to as many high school games as possible to cheer for Obion County Central. Danny has to be carried to the games because of his handicapped situation. He loves basketball games and is a favorite with all that know him. He goes out and stands with the players as they are introduced and congratulates them after the game no matter whether they win or lose. He may not attend more than fifty games per year because of his situation, but he dearly loves to watch the players and is always very supportive.

Nice post, Danny Blackley is indeed a True Fan. I have been covering OC for many years, and he is always there. Danny is indeed the Fan of the year in my book, and would have been for the last several years. There are no conditions to his support of the teams from Obion Co Central, year in and year out he is there "yelling for his Rebs". I have the chance to talk to Danny at most games, as he comes up and always sticks a hand out, and talks of the nights game, which always kinda brightens the day. So if you are at OC, and don't know Danny, you'll see him sitting on the south end of the gym, with his radio headset on, cheering for his teams, as it has been for many years.

It would seem after reading all these posts, that with Danny and muffin leading the way, we all have something to strive for in the way of being great fans! You 2 are my inspiration for sure..... Oh and Jimbo's dad too, that is so cool, I hope I can do the same when I get to my "older" golden years!

Clarkrange, has this great sections of senior fans,and no matter where they play you will always see them with thier chairs lined up across the very bottom bench cheering on the players,and after every game they always have encouraging comments for the girls, win or lose. Don't know all of thier names, but I'm sure Clarkrange ball would suffer without thier great support.