Sequoyah Football

Sequoyah SID

This has been my opinion for probably the last 2 years. The more I learn about teams around us,the more I believe the kids need to be put together earlier. I know there are enough good coaches combined in both leagues to make it successful. The only drawback(if it is)would be finding another league to play in. I think it would be wise to talk to other teams in the league now,and possibly some nearby,to either form another league or join another. The quicker the kids together can work to learn the system,the more effective it will be. I know as far as Vonore is concerned,to many players have to play a position they would never play in high school because of size or strength. In my opinion,practices would be better also,with more depth to work with. It would really take a lot of cooperation and laying aside old differences,not to be brought up again,which is how it ought to be anyway. Look at a few years ago,when the combined team played Farragut and whipped up on them. I would definitely be for it. Going one step further,what would be wrong with cutters and juniors combining their teams? Any head start would have to help,considering how far behind our whole region is.

Your right, When we joined that team togeather it was a great two weeks. And the results showed in a hurry. Seems we have 2 options on this issue. 1. Join all 4 little league age groups. Doing this we could probably stay in the same league. I do think that this may be the tougher route. There would be alot of stuff that would have to be worked out. option 2. As torseq said have a jr high team 7th & 8th grade only. I believe it would be easier to do 1 team as far as working out all the details and working with the High school. The problem here would be what to do with the 3 younger age groups in mad. & Vonore. We would probably have to find a different league for them to play in. Either way I think it would bennifit the High school. Another thing your right about is the laying aside of old differences, not to be brought up again. If everyone is clear on what the main focus is this would'nt be a problem. That year we put the to jr's teams together i thought the coaches and the kids got along great. It showed real quick how great it could be. If this was something that could be pulled off, I believe it would really help the High school program. I do think that it will take the high school coaches getting involved to make this happen.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK lets ask everyones opinion, Dr. Dave, Torseq2, Warchief, Blue QB12, if both little league teams are considering leaving the conference they are in, would it or would it not be a god time to combine both programs and stay in the same conference, or have a team of select players who would play for "Team Sequoyah" in the league they are in and let Madisonville and Vonore play the rest of the players in the other league for developement since the other league is "less competitive". I can understand both sides of the arguments for thinking about leaving the conference. I personally would love to see both cities combine and have "Team Sequoyah" and it would work, but there would be alot to workout, just like Dr. Dave said, but I really think it would be great for the high school! Would love to hear some thoughts.

Are you guys delusional? The two programs cant even get along for one game during the season without someone getting mad. Who would pick the select players? That would be like having a major and minor league football program and most people knows how that gos. All that is going to do is separate the people in the towns even more than they already are. Who would decide who would coach this select team?

Every time you hide behind that key board you show just how low your football IQ really is. It was a totally new offensive system from top to bottom. Yes we have ran mid line and veer before. So are we to assume in your simpleton mind that constitutes the same old offense? Geez what a joke! IT WAS ALL NEW Barney Just what new offensive style would you suggest. Be specific please. FYI deputy we also ran a fifty front at the first of the season and was getting our head handed to us. D-line has got to learn to get separation, hold there gap, get off blocks,play with proper pad leverage and not over run the play. We will get better at it I promise you that. Having alot of players coming back doesn't mean squat till you prove it on the field

You never seem to amaze me at the level you will go to defend yourself. It does not matter what I would run now that you have slithered back into the program, the fact is it was pretty much the same offense simplified down, made to be blocked easier, speed sweep and the sweep we ran effectively this year not much different the back just got the ball at a different spot. The things you say the D-line has got to learn to get better, isn't that supposed to be coached maybe they didn't pick that up from you this year. 3 man front 5 man front opponents owned the line of scrimmage when we were on defense, and that is a fact, hope you are going to an outside source to get a new weight program to beef these guys up or people will continue to pile up yardage next season. GEEZ WHAT A JOKE YOU AS A VOLUNTEER ASSISTANT FOOTBALL COACH.

TORSEQ, BLUEQB12, WARCHIEF, save it I don't care.

OK lets ask everyones opinion, Dr. Dave, Torseq2, Warchief, Blue QB12, if both little league teams are considering leaving the conference they are in, would it or would it not be a god time to combine both programs and stay in the same conference, or have a team of select players who would play for "Team Sequoyah" in the league they are in and let Madisonville and Vonore play the rest of the players in the other league for developement since the other league is "less competitive". I can understand both sides of the arguments for thinking about leaving the conference. I personally would love to see both cities combine and have "Team Sequoyah" and it would work, but there would be alot to workout, just like Dr. Dave said, but I really think it would be great for the high school! Would love to hear some thoughts.

Now if we had a select group of players that combined for "Team Sequoyah" we might be asking for even more problems. Because I would expect some hard feelings from the kids and parents that did not get chosen. I believe that would kind of go right against what we are trying to accomplish.

Now if we had a select group of players that combined for "Team Sequoyah" we might be asking for even more problems. Because I would expect some hard feelings from the kids and parents that did not get chosen. I believe that would kind of go right against what we are trying to accomplish.

See I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

I think its a bad idea. Like I said, who would decide who coaches?

94 pages on a team thats sounds like its working hard to get where they need to be. There really seems to be alot of people on the same band wagon trying to do the right things. Tensions sound like they are high, maybe everyone needs to think about why your there, its to help the kids. Put differences aside and do whats best for your program and your leaders. Hope things will work out.

Like I said things would have to be worked out. But the idea of both towns combing the athletes, whew, should be some great teams!

There is no doubt a lot to be worked out. I kind of like the idea of just the jrs. together,mainly because there seems to be a lot more players on the younger teams,it would be hard to get enough playing time for them all. I wouldn't want it to be one play per game as it is for one team in the conference. As far as who would coach the jrs., surely we could get enough cooperation for it to be worked out. As someone posted earlier,it's about those kids on the team,not one certain person or town or parent or color....Sequoyah sounds good to me for a team name. After all,isn't that what we are shooting for? If some teams are leaving the conference,now would be a good time to see what could be done. If the 2 jr. teams were combined,they could play with one group one week,the other group the next. That way,each LL would feel included with not much gate loss. Look at this years teams. Those 2 together,players in correct positions,could have been dominant. To me,it is definitely something that needs to be looked at and considered closely before an absolute yes or no answer can be given. Myself,I would like to see us give it a go.

TORSEQ, BLUEQB12, WARCHIEF, save it I don't care.

It's clear that you don't care about any thing but your own agenda. And not the teams as a group.

If you dis-like the DOC so much take it to him up front eye to eye, or take it to the coach if you do not aprove of him being an assit. coach.

Thank you DR. DAVE for what you do. Don't let someone who lives in thier own little perfect world make you think twice about what you do.

Mr.Knocker is very quick to tell others what they should do to make the program better.

But I have yet to see where he has said what he can and/or will do, or has done the help the program.

Mr. Knocker will run his negitive yack.

I use to have a different opinion about this, but the more I think about it the more I believe your probably right. Making this happen would be a tough sell in these two towns. I think the High school coaches would have to get involved, along with some folks from both towns who's thought of mind is clearly doing what is best for the high school program through the feeder program. Not saying we don't have good folks in our youth programs because we do. I just think we would need to find head coaches who don't have kids playing and are willing to work closely and learn from the high school coaches. What do you think BlueQB12. GO CHIEFS!!!

I don't see how you could pull one age group out of a 4 age group league and stay in the league. I don't know of a league around here that would be a good fit for a situation such as this. It seems that the only way to do it would be all or nothing. Combining the younger teams would give each age group about 40 - 50 players. That wouldn't allow much play time for the B, C, and D string players and would limit the amount of instruction each player got in practice. I think the best solution would be for one of the coaches to visit each school for one practice per week and give tips and pointers on what would help them adapt to the high school ways.

We do have a lot of "good folks" in each area who are capable of teaching these kids how to play football, especially if they had the support and guidance of some of the high school coaches. Volunteering to coach little league teams is an excellent way for a parent to spend more time with their child and give them instruction on the field that just can't be given at home without pads and partners. Taking away volunteer parent coaches (at this level) would be a step in the wrong direction but would be a good idea for high school.

I don't see how you could pull one age group out of a 4 age group league and stay in the league. I don't know of a league around here that would be a good fit for a situation such as this. It seems that the only way to do it would be all or nothing. Combining the younger teams would give each age group about 40 - 50 players. That wouldn't allow much play time for the B, C, and D string players and would limit the amount of instruction each player got in practice. I think the best solution would be for one of the coaches to visit each school for one practice per week and give tips and pointers on what would help them adapt to the high school ways.

We do have a lot of "good folks" in each area who are capable of teaching these kids how to play football, especially if they had the support and guidance of some of the high school coaches. Volunteering to coach little league teams is an excellent way for a parent to spend more time with their child and give them instruction on the field that just can't be given at home without pads and partners. Taking away volunteer parent coaches (at this level) would be a step in the wrong direction but would be a good idea for high school.

Just a thought,form another league. Invite some of those who are thinking about leaving the league already. Like I said,just a thought. I definitely would not be for combining all 4 teams for the reasons I stated before. As far as the coaches visiting practices,well and good,but they have a lot on their plate already. This is something so-called adults should be able to work out if it is the direction decided,regardless where we live. Anyway,just something to think about,another way to help. Pursue every angle,some may run true,some may not. We owe it to the kids to look at every one just to see if it would help or not. That doesn't mean this is going to happen,but I feel does need to be considered for our kids advantage.Enough from me supposing,any thoughts from anyone else on this?

Just a thought,form another league. Invite some of those who are thinking about leaving the league already. Like I said,just a thought. I definitely would not be for combining all 4 teams for the reasons I stated before. As far as the coaches visiting practices,well and good,but they have a lot on their plate already. This is something so-called adults should be able to work out if it is the direction decided,regardless where we live. Anyway,just something to think about,another way to help. Pursue every angle,some may run true,some may not. We owe it to the kids to look at every one just to see if it would help or not. That doesn't mean this is going to happen,but I feel does need to be considered for our kids advantage.Enough from me supposing,any thoughts from anyone else on this?

Dont change leagues. That'd just drop your competition level BIG TIME. Just combine all the teams and meet somewhere in the middle. Theres always gonna be parents and other people upset about little league so I really wouldnt put much stock in how the two communities react. The positives outweigh the negatives by a lot. Their kids will still want to play.