BigG

reaction

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OnlineLC @ Feb 10 2007 - 05:42 PM) 826366494[/snapback]

Watched that game today. If Man Utd want to win the EPL this year, they need to turn it up a notch. A few too many breakdowns on defense for my liking and the offense looked a little impotent.

They still have Liverpool and Chelsea to play on the road.

The best game I saw today was the Aston Villa vs Reading game which came on earlier. Reading are newly promoted and are playing some very disciplined soccer.

Ya the defense for Man U is shaky at times. There offense is very good which helps.

I can't wait for Man U vs Chelsea.

Thanks for the insight BigG. I appreciate you taking the time to explain the new rule. I'm not sure I really get the controversy though. If I know this rule up front, I can make sure my players know it before they sign up for summer/fall teams. Is there only one summer team in your area?

I do think TSSAA's goal is laughable. A coach could still 'pressure' the players to play year round under this rule. He would just have to make sure he split them up onto two or three teams.

I saw the benefits of what this rule is trying to enforce with my brothers back in the 80's. The Ohio HSAA had a rule that only 3 players from any one high school could be on a summer team. My brothers played on teams made up of kids from all over the county. It helped them become better players and they brought that back to the school team.

QUOTE(reaction @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826379849[/snapback]Hahahaha.

If you get ESPN2, you can catch the best team ever Arsenal vs PSV at 2:30.

Or if you have ESPN Classic you can catch Bayern vs Real Madrid delayed at 5:00.

I'm glad I don't have your problem and i get all the games.

Check your "comment" section on your personal profile... I left you a message.

psv 1-0 arsenal

real 3-2 bayern

man u 1-0 lille

celtic 0-0 milan

psv goalie gomes played a great game they defended well too and psv made the most out of their touches but you tell that arsenal was playing for a tie

real got 3 goals but they gave 2 road goals so they're in a bit trouble

celtic is in good shape after a tie with milan

lille kind of got raw deal vs man u lille had a goal called for pushing off but the man u defender vadic looked like he went down alittle to easy and man u's goal was scored off a free kick by giggs(it was the fastest free kick in the history because has soon has rooney put the ball down giggs kicked it and lille didn't have there wall setup yet)

probability for teams to advance

psv(tie or win) at arsenal(must win by 2 goals)

lille(must win by 2 goals) at man u(tie or win)

celtic at milan(whoever wins advances)

real(tie or win) at bayern(must win by 1 goal)

Ya Arsenal was playin very conservative. I think they will get it done in the 2nd leg.

Real Madrid came out firing in the first half, then just kind of backed off. That 2nd goal Bayern Munich scored at the end was big to bring the agg. back to 1goal. Could play a big part in the 2nd leg.

I'm ready for the Liverpool vs Barcelona game tomorrow. I've been anticipating that one for a while.

Chelsea coach vs his old team should be a good one also.