7A MVP

catchpc10

QUOTE(devil24 @ Feb 1 2007 - 10:48 PM) 826355366[/snapback]

Wright is a great player and if his team was first in the district which they are not...he should win the mvp...but thats not how it is..the devils beat them both times...The mvp award should go to a JC player...or maybe the whole team...They all are great players, but two stick out in my mind...Cassetty and Hopkins...Cassetty might lead the team in scoring..but Hopkins a solid player always helps the team as so I've seen over the past couple of years...So im throwing Brandon"Bubba"Hopkins in!

This isn't a team award, now I know it has something to do with how your team does over the year, and it has to come from atleast one of the top three teams in the district, but I think everyone will agree that it is between wright, and someone from Jackson Co. I guess. You have the best team in the district, but you've got alot of good players, not one of them sticks out. And I agree with fanatic about Bailey not deserving mvp a couple of years ago, I would have rather seen Josh Wright with it as well, Bailey was alot of offense and not a whole lot else.

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 2 2007 - 09:09 AM) 826355690[/snapback]

if your going that route (scoring and team importance (birdwell from heritage wins it hands down) because he dosen't have the supporting cast of any player mentioned ,you can score a lot of points but your liabilities in other phases of the game keeps you from being mvp of team or district

Ok thats a good joke sen., I think the canidates team has to be half good for them to be considered in the MVP. I said scoring was alot of it, I didn't say that the person with the best avg. gets mvp. I will say one thing, trade Jacob and Cassetty out and Pickett Co. has five more loses on their basketball team, and would win state in golf. Cassetty is a good player and a great kid and I won't take anything away from his game, but he's just not got the all around game that Jacob does. You can't figure in jacob's apparent "dirty" style of play when considering who the mvp is, but I know if he loses it that will be why. Remember guys its most Most Valuable Player not Most Valuable Team.

QUOTE(dabookie @ Feb 2 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826356073[/snapback]

What about Upchurch from Clarkrange?

Kid has got some skills

I think Upchurch should probably get a vote, but the mvp won't come from the 4th place team in the district. He is very good though.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 2 2007 - 05:52 PM) 826356274[/snapback]

You can't figure in jacob's apparent "dirty" style of play when considering who the mvp is, but I know if he loses it that will be why.

That's bull. Jacob won't win because his team is second in the district. Oh, and he does play dirty so there is no need for the word apparent.

Secondly, where is all this one man team stuff comin from. PC has been talkin it up all year about how great their TEAM is and now all of a sudden it's just Jacob playing by himself. Guess that team wasn't so good after all.

Thirdly, quit with the switching teams stuff. Cassetty does his thing in the team ball system at JC and Wright does his thing playing by himself in the PC system. If the two players switched teams PC would be about the same and Cassetty would be averaging 20+, while Wright would be passing the ball and winning a district championship.

QUOTE(Dawg05 @ Feb 3 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826356733[/snapback]

That's bull. Jacob won't win because his team is second in the district. Oh, and he does play dirty so there is no need for the word apparent.

Secondly, where is all this one man team stuff comin from. PC has been talkin it up all year about how great their TEAM is and now all of a sudden it's just Jacob playing by himself. Guess that team wasn't so good after all.

Thirdly, quit with the switching teams stuff. Cassetty does his thing in the team ball system at JC and Wright does his thing playing by himself in the PC system. If the two players switched teams PC would be about the same and Cassetty would be averaging 20+, while Wright would be passing the ball and winning a district championship.

Well said Dawg.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 1 2007 - 10:06 PM) 826355307[/snapback]

Cassetty is a nice player, and he seems to be a good clean player, and a good teammate, but I don't think average players win MVP's. You switch him and Jacob Wright out, then Pickett Co. might even be behind Clay Co. in the district. Jacob is the heart and soul of the Bobcats. Cassetty is only avg. 10.0 a game according to the Herald-Citizen, Its true that Jackson is the best team in district 7A, but they just have a lot of good players, they don't have that player that sticks out. Wright is avg. 20.0 even according to the Tennessean. Heck for that matter, T.C. and Brent Logan are avg. 11.5, thats more than any player on Jackson co. With that said, I know its not all about scoring but thats alot of it. I know a few of the coachs won't vote for jacob because they think he is a dirty player.

They average so much because they are the only players only the team with the ability to score.. unlike JC who has 10, 11, sometimes 12 scoring night in and night out!.. So true JC has alot of GOOD players but no GREAT player.. thats what makes them a TEAM somethin PC knows nothing about! And i've preached it all year Bubba "Mid Range" Hopkins should definitely be in the hunt for MVP.. he has really stepped a become dominating scorer for the Blue Devils... He has been lethal from the mid-range and been averaging 10+ throught the season... Tyler Cassety should be as well.. Great Point Guard.. runs the offense well.. hits big shots.. I think it should be between these 2.. or I'd just give it to the team I think they have more than proved themselves this year!

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 3 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826356958[/snapback]

They average so much because they are the only players only the team with the ability to score.. unlike JC who has 10, 11, sometimes 12 scoring night in and night out!.. So true JC has alot of GOOD players but no GREAT player.. thats what makes them a TEAM somethin PC knows nothing about! And i've preached it all year Bubba "Mid Range" Hopkins should definitely be in the hunt for MVP.. he has really stepped a become dominating scorer for the Blue Devils... He has been lethal from the mid-range and been averaging 10+ throught the season... Tyler Cassety should be as well.. Great Point Guard.. runs the offense well.. hits big shots.. I think it should be between these 2.. or I'd just give it to the team I think they have more than proved themselves this year!

Well said, there are hardly any players as pure from mid-range as Bubba Hopkins...Him or Cassetty I can see getting the MVP!

QUOTE(Dawg05 @ Feb 3 2007 - 01:41 AM) 826356733[/snapback]

Dawg 05, first of all Jacob is no dirtier than anyone else in the district, the only reason everyone notices him over everyone else is because he is the top player in district 7a, and you clay/jackson co. people can't stand that. Second place has nothing to do with him not doing it, there is no rule says that the winner of 7a gets to have the mvp. I'm almost certain that the year Bailey won it, our team and clay tied, with clay winning the coin flip which made them #1, so throw that #1 team gets the mvp, that is bull.

Secondly, Pickett isn't a one man team, but he is the center piece, if anyone watched the 2nd ot the other night at jc, you saw that pickett wasn't the same team without him. Jacob is the center piece, and everyone else is good as well, but its not the same team without him... I give players 2-7 there credit as well.

Thirdly, You are crazy if you think Cassetty is scoring 20+ points on this team, if Jacob wasn't such a spectacular point guard, Roddy and T.C. would be getting the ball down low most of the game, and your crazy if you think that jackson co.'s coach would have jacob playing the same style as he has Cassetty. Thats not Jacob's game, he is a nice passer, and a well rounded player, but Jake is a scorer...your crazy if you think going to J.C. would make him change his style of play. Jacob is not playing by himself, there is someone who steps up for p.c. every night... James Gibson, Brent Logan, T.C. and Bret Roddy have all had there big games, and are always big parts of the scoring. Jacob Wright......MVP!

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 3 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826356958[/snapback]

Ok, yeah Pickett knows nothing about being a team, haha. I haven't seen a team come through pickett co. in a long time that is as close as this team is. Hopkins is not averaging 10+ this year, The Tennessean shows the Cassetty is the only player averaging more than ten. Not trying to take anything away from the kid though, i'm sure he is still a good player.

QUOTE(catchpc10 @ Feb 4 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826357998[/snapback]

Dawg 05, first of all Jacob is no dirtier than anyone else in the district, the only reason everyone notices him over everyone else is because he is the top player in district 7a, and you clay/jackson co. people can't stand that. Second place has nothing to do with him not doing it, there is no rule says that the winner of 7a gets to have the mvp. I'm almost certain that the year Bailey won it, our team and clay tied, with clay winning the coin flip which made them #1, so throw that #1 team gets the mvp, that is bull.

Secondly, Pickett isn't a one man team, but he is the center piece, if anyone watched the 2nd ot the other night at jc, you saw that pickett wasn't the same team without him. Jacob is the center piece, and everyone else is good as well, but its not the same team without him... I give players 2-7 there credit as well.

Thirdly, You are crazy if you think Cassetty is scoring 20+ points on this team, if Jacob wasn't such a spectacular point guard, Roddy and T.C. would be getting the ball down low most of the game, and your crazy if you think that jackson co.'s coach would have jacob playing the same style as he has Cassetty. Thats not Jacob's game, he is a nice passer, and a well rounded player, but Jake is a scorer...your crazy if you think going to J.C. would make him change his style of play. Jacob is not playing by himself, there is someone who steps up for p.c. every night... James Gibson, Brent Logan, T.C. and Bret Roddy have all had there big games, and are always big parts of the scoring. Jacob Wright......MVP!

Ok, yeah Pickett knows nothing about being a team, haha. I haven't seen a team come through pickett co. in a long time that is as close as this team is. Hopkins is not averaging 10+ this year, The Tennessean shows the Cassetty is the only player averaging more than ten. Not trying to take anything away from the kid though, i'm sure he is still a good player.

I'm sure he is a good player considerin he has scored 10+ on your team twice.. and helped his team take the "O So Mighty Bobcats" down twice this season.. Yea i'm sure he is a good player.. Sounds to me that ya'll are really close.. Jacob Wright is the center piece and without him PC would be nothing.. Yup sounds really close.. I just hope the most deserving player gets MVP o and Wright is the dirtiest player in 7A and I think he knows it!

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 4 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826358036[/snapback]

I'm sure he is a good player considerin he has scored 10+ on your team twice.. and helped his team take the "O So Mighty Bobcats" down twice this season.. Yea i'm sure he is a good player.. Sounds to me that ya'll are really close.. Jacob Wright is the center piece and without him PC would be nothing.. Yup sounds really close.. I just hope the most deserving player gets MVP o and Wright is the dirtiest player in 7A and I think he knows it!

Yall jus lucky to beet us twice an really it meant nothin. PC is gonna bust out on yall come tourney time you can baleeve dat! My boy J dog is the best playa in the state quit hatein!! Capps and Roddy help but without Wright PC is prolly avrage at best. If u call bustin a bow to ur head when u deserve it then whateva but u aint gonna git up on my boy and come away clean jus ask the boys from York bout that!! Come tourney time the real MVP will shine and it will be my home boy J. Wright!! book it ! oh and JC yall wont even make the rejun finals hahahahaha.

Whoever pc#1bobcaterfan is i wish that you would quit already.Your making everyone from PC look horrible with those arrogant comments.Between Jacob Wright and Tyler Cassity i think Jacob Wright is a VERY good player and deserves to be the MVP.Dont get me wrong,Cassity is a good player,but he's nothing extraordinary.The comment about how PC doesnt play as a team and that Jacob Wright does all the work just blew my mind.Where do you suppose the other points come from?Brent Logan and James Gibson are great shooters from outside and if they arent hitting very well from outside then they can kick it into T.C. Capps or Brett Roddy in the post.I think that even though Jackson has beaten the Bobcats twice the Bobcats will prove to be a completely different team in the District Championships.

QUOTE(pc#1bobcatterfan @ Feb 4 2007 - 03:37 PM) 826358216[/snapback]

Yall jus lucky to beet us twice an really it meant nothin. PC is gonna bust out on yall come tourney time you can baleeve dat! My boy J dog is the best playa in the state quit hatein!! Capps and Roddy help but without Wright PC is prolly avrage at best. If u call bustin a bow to ur head when u deserve it then whateva but u aint gonna git up on my boy and come away clean jus ask the boys from York bout that!! Come tourney time the real MVP will shine and it will be my home boy J. Wright!! book it ! oh and JC yall wont even make the rejun finals hahahahaha.

best playa in the state???? are you serious, i guess you really are messed up, he isnt even the best in single a and aint even on one of the best teams in single a....good god kid, put him up against someone like john jenkins or brandan wrights bro (brian i think) he stands NO and i mean NO chance

QUOTE(back_4_more @ Feb 4 2007 - 01:21 PM) 826358036[/snapback]

Shoot, yeah right, Jacob is my friend but I wouldn't call us close. I just hate to see someone with his tallent get dogged by jackson co. and clay co. people continuously. It could be t.c. or brett roddy , or anyone else on the team, i just don't like to hear all this bashing of our players. Jacob Wright is no dirtier than anyone else in 7A.