Region 8 Individuals

ut18vols

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 6 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826361494[/snapback]

Ok, Most of your picks are solid but I have a few questions.

189- Why do you think the Commando 189 will not win it all? He has faced some of the best in the state this year and is undefeated in the region.

103- Has the heart of a lion and the size of a spider monkey. I hope he places but there are some bigger and stronger kids in our region.

130- Turner has only lost to Yates and Childers in the region and has beat the #4 kid in D-I and beat two of the top 5 from D-II. He dominated the Frindship kid.

Our 145 should make it to state andour 171 went undefeated this weekend at State.

The 215 won the region for us but still has a lot to learn.

Just wondering why you feel these kids want place?

coachallen68 has the best predictions, so he must know what he is talking about and he should not have to answer any of your questions after looking at your picks and reading your silly questions. I will answer a couple since I have seen most of these kids wrestle.

189 will go to state

103 young and a little weak

130 has already lost to 2 in his region so if he beat a couple of ranked kids it doesn't matter because rankings does not mean anything! He will have a hard time making it to state.

145 and 171 went undefeated at the state duals, wow was that one or two matches. tough weight classes in this region with only 3 going to state

215 winning a match at the duals and winning regions is not the same.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Knight2389 @ Feb 4 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826358634[/snapback]

I believe Beech's 171 will place at state. He will dominate Bair so watch out.

103-Springfield

112-Wilson Central

119-Beech

125-I think Townsend will upset that sorry Childers kid

130-Mt.Juliet

135-Tough Weight but gotta go with Mount Juliet

140-Dont know nothing weak weight

145-Beech

152-Springfield

160-Wilson Central

171-Beech

189-Wilson Central

215-H'ville

Hv- Lavergne

ok, ive got what is going to happen if these young wrestlers wrestle like they know how

103-White House/Springfield, i've watched the younger Childers kid wrestle, he's got what it takes, Hendersonville will take third, Greenbriar 4th

112-Springfield/White house, Hendersonville for third

119-Beech/Hendersonville, Wilson Central for third

125-White House/Mt. Juliet, Hendersonville will take third

130-Mt Juliet/Hendersonville, Wilson Central for third

135-Beech/Mt Juliet, White House will take third

140-Mt Juliet/Greenbriat, Beech for third

145-Springfield/Beech, Hendersonville third

152-Springfield/Lavergne, Wilson Central for third

160-Smyrna/Wilson Central, Springfield for third

171-Wilson Central/Hendersonville, Beech for third

189-Wilson Central/Hendersonville, Greenbriar third

215-Beech/Friendship, Mt Juliet third

285-Friendship/Lavergne, Springfield for third

QUOTE(Knight2389 @ Feb 4 2007 - 09:59 PM) 826358634[/snapback]

I believe Beech's 171 will place at state. He will dominate Bair so watch out.

103-Springfield

112-Wilson Central

119-Beech

125-I think Townsend will upset that sorry Childers kid

130-Mt.Juliet

135-Tough Weight but gotta go with Mount Juliet

140-Dont know nothing weak weight

145-Beech

152-Springfield

160-Wilson Central

171-Beech

189-Wilson Central

215-H'ville

Hv- Lavergne

I do believe that the kid from hendersonville lost to Childers and didnt score a point on him!! He is Jimmie's only loss in there region!! Childers will dominate!!!

QUOTE(BDP5 @ Feb 7 2007 - 07:02 PM) 826362543[/snapback]

I do believe that the kid from hendersonville lost to Childers and didnt score a point on him!! He is Jimmie's only loss in there region!! Childers will dominate!!!

Yeah, J C has a quick shot and the strenth to keep his comp down. What happened the 1st time when he lost to the Hendersonville 125? Not trying to be a smart A, just wondering I wasn't there. I understand it was a great match.

QUOTE(luv2wrestlenwin @ Feb 7 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826361964[/snapback]

coachallen68 has the best predictions, so he must know what he is talking about and he should not have to answer any of your questions after looking at your picks and reading your silly questions. I will answer a couple since I have seen most of these kids wrestle.

189 will go to state

103 young and a little weak

130 has already lost to 2 in his region so if he beat a couple of ranked kids it doesn't matter because rankings does not mean anything! He will have a hard time making it to state.

145 and 171 went undefeated at the state duals, wow was that one or two matches. tough weight classes in this region with only 3 going to state

215 winning a match at the duals and winning regions is not the same.

I think tunderdog has the best picks.

Sorry, your team didn't get a chance at the State Duals!

btw-luv2wrestlenwin were you really acting that crazy in the stands last year at region?

The H'ville 189 will be hard to beat.

130 has been to the big show as a freshman and soph. He was 1 match away from placingas a Fr. He has placed as high as 2nd in Region 2.

I hope you give him the jolt he needs to make some noise.

We have kids that can place at 103, 119, 125, 130, 145, 171, 189 and Hwy. The rest our Regional Champs are getting better every day. anything can happen at region.

From this point forward it's 90% "want to/mental/heart". If your in the zone you can go to the big show.

Good luck to all the COMMANDOS

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826362599[/snapback]

I think tunderdog has the best picks.

Sorry, your team didn't get a chance at the State Duals!

The H'ville 189 will be hard to beat at 189.

130 has been to the big show as a freshman and was 1 match away from placing. He has placed as high as 2nd in Region 2.

I hope you give him the jolt he needs to make some noise.

We have kids that can place at 103, 119, 125, 130, 145, 171, 189 and Hwy. The rest our Regional Champs are getting better every day. anything can happen at region.

From this point forward it's 90% "want to/mental/heart". If your in the zone you can go to the big show.

Good luck to all the COMMANDOS

nice post rigger.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:14 PM) 826362553[/snapback]

Yeah, J C has a quick shot and the strenth to keep his comp down. What happened the 1st time when he lost to the Hendersonville 125? Not trying to be a smart A, just wondering I wasn't there. I understand it was a great match.

I heard about that match. It was in front of the whole student body at Childers' school. They said he cut weight all day at school, and then was startled by the applause from his classmates and couldn't focus. Heard he was also very tired from cuttin' off them pounds. Sounds like he just had an off day....?

I was also told that just two days later they grappled again, and this time Childers was victorious, only giving up one point from a violation, and two points from simply letting Townsend up just to take him down again.... I believe Childers will take home he gold at 125.

QUOTE(rigger101 @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:48 PM) 826362599[/snapback]

btw-luv2wrestlenwin were you really acting that crazy in the stands last year at region?

If you are referring to luv2wrestlenwin as the Wilson 171, yea he was wrestling himself. He could act like he got crossfaced or he would do some crazy stuff or he would put his arm behind his back acting and acting like he was getting a half ran on him. I thought it was funny somewhat. Did anybody else see WC 171 at Regionals last year(held at Beech)

QUOTE(ut18vols @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826363188[/snapback]

If you are referring to luv2wrestlenwin as the Wilson 171, yea he was wrestling himself. He could act like he got crossfaced or he would do some crazy stuff or he would put his arm behind his back acting and acting like he was getting a half ran on him. I thought it was funny somewhat. Did anybody else see WC 171 at Regionals last year(held at Beech)

Yes I saw him he won outstanding wrestler in the upper weights. That reminds me are we having a upper and lower weight OW this year??

QUOTE(werazzlin @ Feb 8 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826363230[/snapback]

Yes I saw him he won outstanding wrestler in the upper weights. That reminds me are we having a upper and lower weight OW this year??

Yea cool if so, since you mentiond it. Who do yall think will get OW. I will assume that 103-140,145 is lower weights and 152-285 is upper wieghts.

Ill say if my weight are right, the people who have a good shot at it are

Lower weight Outstanding Wrestler: Mt. Juliet 130 Yates

Upper weight Outstanding Wrestler: Springfield 152 Jones

Let see yall opinion.

One more question what time does the tourney start Sat. and is $7 admission. Just wondering.

So I'm up here in Allentown, PA waiting for the Region seeds. Can some good soul help out a frozen southern boy?

BTW-Watched the news last night here in Allentown and they had the top 10 sports plays of the week. Three of them were from HS Wrestling and the #1 play was wrestling. Wrestling is on the public channels up here and the gyms are packed.