East Ridge Vs. Howard!

TNballer2006

QUOTE(Natural_Gas @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:04 PM) 826362096[/snapback]

It was a good game that East Ridge should have won if they had made free throws.

What about the free throws that Howard missed? Why does everyone make up excuses when they lose. But when if Howard lose we would have every one saying how overrated they are but when howard wins a close one every one says they should have won. Well Should have could have would have THEY LOST!!!!! Somebody please give howard some credit

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(t-mac @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:03 PM) 826362296[/snapback]

What about the free throws that Howard missed? Why does everyone make up excuses when they lose. But when if Howard lose we would have every one saying how overrated they are but when howard wins a close one every one says they should have won. Well Should have could have would have THEY LOST!!!!! Somebody please give howard some credit

You always blow stuff out of porportion..... east ridge was like 16 for 30 and howard was like 21 for 30 from the free throw.. one reason howard won is because there defense on the end bound pass killed east ridge on the turn overs, if east ridge wouldnt have made these few mistakes they would have won the game.. but they will probably meet in the distict tournament for the championship and that matters more than the regular season and its hard to beet a team 3 times in a row even if they have as much talent as howard...

I was at the game and it looked to me as if Howard had an off night. That was not the best game that I have seen them play this year, which says a lot about their talent if they can have an off night and beat arguably the second best team in the district. I say arguably beause I don't think that ER will be second at the end of the tournament. They don't have the discipline or coaching to be consistent in tournament play. In this game Howard missed way too many shots that I've seen them make constistently (including FTs) and seemed to be just a tad bit overconfident at times. Maybe this will wake them up in time for the post season. I know that coach will address their shortcomings between now and their first round game.

Good luck to Howard from the Nest.

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Feb 7 2007 - 05:36 PM) 826362436[/snapback]

You always blow stuff out of porportion..... east ridge was like 16 for 30 and howard was like 21 for 30 from the free throw.. one reason howard won is because there defense on the end bound pass killed east ridge on the turn overs, if east ridge wouldnt have made these few mistakes they would have won the game.. but they will probably meet in the distict tournament for the championship and that matters more than the regular season and its hard to beet a team 3 times in a row even if they have as much talent as howard...

Oh would you pleash shut up!!! Every since the summer you East Ridge fans have always started these post only to have your foot shoved in your mouths. It is hard to beat a team three times but it has been done before. We dont even know if these teams will be in the championship on paper they should but you have to play the game first and I think Hixson could upset anyone of them. The only reason the game was close because it was senior night and they were amped up but East Ridge is not that good. The most talented team ive seen all season was Austin East, Howard is Ok but they could be better I am still not sold on them as much as I love them. But come on people We may as well start a post and call it Howard Vs. The City of Chattanooga, THey would still win because b-ball in our city is way down and East Ridge has two good players not a good team.

P.S.

Even if ER does beat Howard they are a young team they will pull it together

QUOTE(kidnplay @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:06 PM) 826362475[/snapback]

I was at the game and it looked to me as if Howard had an off night. That was not the best game that I have seen them play this year, which says a lot about their talent if they can have an off night and beat arguably the second best team in the district. I say arguably beause I don't think that ER will be second at the end of the tournament. They don't have the discipline or coaching to be consistent in tournament play. In this game Howard missed way too many shots that I've seen them make constistently (including FTs) and seemed to be just a tad bit overconfident at times. Maybe this will wake them up in time for the post season. I know that coach will address their shortcomings between now and their first round game.

Good luck to Howard from the Nest.

I agree with you about East Ridge. They would be way better with another coach. Jurick needs some one like Moose to teach him some post moves and calm wells down just a tad bit.

QUOTE(t-mac @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826362491[/snapback]

I agree with you about East Ridge. They would be way better with another coach. Jurick needs some one like Moose to teach him some post moves and calm wells down just a tad bit.

Yeah. Those two could use a lot of help but it's not just them. The whole team is filled with thugery. They act like they are in the NBA with all the trash talking and showboating. Wells would be alot more effective if he would worry as much about his game as he does how he is going to hotdog after every shot. Sad part is that Wells could be a pretty good DII or DIII player but his attitude wont let him. He wont play anywheres. If Jurick doesn't get into a program next year that is disciplined, I'll be willing to bet the farm that he doesn't play at the next level. If he does, he wont make it to DI. They all think that he is going to UT but could you imagine how bad those guys would make him look?

QUOTE(kidnplay @ Feb 7 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826362507[/snapback]

Yeah. Those two could use a lot of help but it's not just them. The whole team is filled with thugery. They act like they are in the NBA with all the trash talking and showboating. Wells would be alot more effective if he would worry as much about his game as he does how he is going to hotdog after every shot. Sad part is that Wells could be a pretty good DII or DIII player but his attitude wont let him. He wont play anywheres. If Jurick doesn't get into a program next year that is disciplined, I'll be willing to bet the farm that he doesn't play at the next level. If he does, he wont make it to DI. They all think that he is going to UT but could you imagine how bad those guys would make him look?

Your crazy ... its sad for you to say philip wont go D1 because he will and everyone on here knows he will... and alex will go somewhere to yall will just seee later on were there basketball futures will end up..WATCH!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Feb 8 2007 - 06:41 AM) 826363066[/snapback]

I have no dout that Phillip will go to D1. But once he gets there then:

1. If he goes to Tennessee, he'll have to be able to get down the court in a super hurry. They run a lot.

2. If he goes to Indiana, take a seat and watch him get dunked on by Eric "Air" Gordon.

Man you is dumb how is he going to get dunked on by Eric Gordon if he goes to Indiana thats goin be his own team mate and he will play right away for Indiana because they won't have no true post player so learn your facts before you start posting things and last i checked your not a coach so it really doesnt matter what you think

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Feb 7 2007 - 10:47 PM) 826362990[/snapback]

Your crazy ... its sad for you to say philip wont go D1 because he will and everyone on here knows he will... and alex will go somewhere to yall will just seee later on were there basketball futures will end up..WATCH!!!!!!!!!

OK. Slow down. Deep breaths. LISTEN. I didn't mean to imply that Jurick wont "go" to a DI school, because you are right, he'll "go" because he is as big as a house. What I was saying was that he will never play DI and I stand by that statement whole-heartedly. Unless he has a major attitude change next year, he'll be a waste of a good scholarship for someone. He's 6'10" or better and THICK. He is by far the biggest guy in his district (I think). Several people have stated how down Chattanooga basketball is and District 6AA is not an exception. Someone with that much size advantage should be dominating everyone that he plays. I'm sorry, but in the half-dozen or so games that I have seen him play, he is lazy running the floor, he's not physical on the boards (gets rebounds because of his height not ability), takes plays off on offense, and just doesn't hustle at all. I just don't see any DI school throwing a scholarship at him without sending him to a prep school. I'll still stand by my statement that he may "go" to a DI school but he'll never PLAY DI ball. My guess is that if he does in fact go to a DI school he'll transfer out within the first year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but you can come back on here in five years and let us know if he is graduating from one of those big schools or not.....

Wells will go somewhere? Name one school that has offered anything to him. Name one school to which he has made an official visit. Name one school that is remotely interested. This is the end of his senior year. IF he was going anywhere, he'd already have a good idea about where it is. Does he?