Livingston Academy vs. Upperman

LA Wildcats

QUOTE(66wildcat @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826363217[/snapback]

I don't know if it will do any good to save it until tourney time. If my information is correct, the district and region are both played on Uppermans home floor.

IS THAT FAIR FOR A TEAM TO HAVE HOME COURT ADVANTAGE?? I DON'T THINK SO. WHY IS DONE THAT WAY?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(senator @ Feb 8 2007 - 03:12 PM) 826363861[/snapback]

a element in the fore head that a hog has two of and uses to look with (but in la's case a community in overton co that produced a group of good athetes several years ago and the name became a slogan for the wildcats)

very cute definition there senator !!

i'm so glad you posted this --- keeping me from having to explain

i think there are kids from overton county that do not have a clue about its origin -- i knew it and i live 60 miles from overton county

but i also had sense enough to ask what it meant ---

often times they yell suey!!! goes with the hog part

it has nothing really to do with tradition, per se ----- in its basic sense

its just as you said, the name of a community there that produced some good ball players one year and it stuck

could somebody tell me why we are not playing the district 7aa at a neutral site??

and the region 4aa ---- i saw tech has two games during the tourneyu- that makes sense ----

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEYU BE PLAYED AT UPPWERMAN -- BITH OF THEM --- WHY???????????

what's wrong with vol state -- or cumberland university -- or one of the neighboring AAA schools like sparta or cookeville --

this is truly absurd -- for all the obvious reasons

QUOTE(hoops fan2 @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:45 PM) 826364565[/snapback]

could somebody tell me why we are not playing the district 7aa at a neutral site??

and the region 4aa ---- i saw tech has two games during the tourneyu- that makes sense ----

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEYU BE PLAYED AT UPPWERMAN -- BITH OF THEM --- WHY???????????

what's wrong with vol state -- or cumberland university -- or one of the neighboring AAA schools like sparta or cookeville --

this is truly absurd -- for all the obvious reasons

Home-Court advantage is big, but I am sure there is a good reason why it is being held there.

Didn't they use to have it at Sparta?

QUOTE(The General @ Feb 8 2007 - 10:55 PM) 826364576[/snapback]

Home-Court advantage is big, but I am sure there is a good reason why it is being held there.

Didn't they use to have it at Sparta?

yes ---- it was at sparta two years ago -- - last year tech ---- as always tech's games overrule the high school --

STILL

WHY IS IT AT UPPERMAN ?????????????????? i am not an expert, but i don't recall it ever being played anywhere but a neutral site ---

it's truly insane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THERE SEATING CAPACITY IS NOT THE BIGGEST IN THE DISTRICT ----

smith county has the largest gym capacity --- may not be the best gym, as for age --- but it holds more people ;than anybody's gym ---

ii think upperman will be cramped --- but that could be a good thing

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 9 2007 - 05:18 AM) 826364696[/snapback]

I think having the district and regional both at Upperman is bad too. You know they are going to run into seating problems there. It should be held on a neutral site. I really don't think it will mean a hill of beans as to how the LA Wildcats will play there though.

Wildcat 1970

LA I hope you think you can run with us, you can you'll get run right out the door. Only shot you've got is to controll tempo, hope we don't shoot well and we have about (5) players in foul trouble, it may take all three factors for you to win. Don't be crying about the District and Region being on our floor all district coachs voted for it except for Smith County girls coach, so just come on down and get you some for a about two weeks(district & region). Don't worry LA fans they some good places to stop and eat on your LONG trip home. HA HA. GO LADY BEE's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!