LA vs Cannon Co.

TNTWO

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 7 2007 - 12:46 PM) 826362144[/snapback]

That is true. That coach really surprised me when he did that. That wasn't a good show of sportsmanship. When your up by that much you don't press and give some younger players some time. Aside from the coach i was impressed with the Livingston team. They have improved alot since they played last. Good job Wildcats.

There is no cut and dried rule that you have to take your starters out of a game. Besides that, its getting close to tournament time and one more thing, the Wildcats are young and still learning. Coach Melton is a class act in every game that I have seen him coach. You can only be better by playing so I am in favor of play the whole game with your starters as long as you want to. I am sure he is trying to get tuned for the tournaments. I see nothing wrong with the way he coaches. I love it!

Wildcat 1970

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826362193[/snapback]

There is no cut and dried rule that you have to take your starters out of a game. Besides that, its getting close to tournament time and one more thing, the Wildcats are young and still learning. Coach Melton is a class act in every game that I have seen him coach. You can only be better by playing so I am in favor of play the whole game with your starters as long as you want to. I am sure he is trying to get tuned for the tournaments. I see nothing wrong with the way he coaches. I love it!

Wildcat 1970

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826362174[/snapback]

Sounds like a bunch of babies to me.... Did anyone notice how much time was left.... If it is not atleast midway through the 4th, a 20 point lead means nothing. Especially since LA has blown a few big leads already this year. I guess if I couldn't ever beat a guy, I would find something to complain about instead of finding a way to beat him.

Melton doesn't run up the score. He just likes to win big and secure the win early. He did it when he coached middle school and it worked pretty well for him. He is doing it at LA and I believe that it is working for him there too... That guy can coach!

Get over it and beat him if it bothers you that bad.... Is the way I look at it.

Oh i see, i guess you think Livingston is just unpenetrable now that you drummed us one game. Livingston has played alot of good games and they are only getting better as the season progresses, and some of this probably has to do with Coach Melton. I think he's doing a great thing in Livingston and is doing an excellent job there. And i don't think Livingston has ever blown a twenty point lead with half of a quarter left to play. Losing is not what bothers me and i could care less about this game. Its a matter of sportsmanship not winning or losing. I would say Melton had good intentions though. I know that he likes to secure the lead early, and as someone said earlier it's getting closer to the playoffs and i think he wants his starters to get alot of playing time heading into the postseason.

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 7 2007 - 01:33 PM) 826362193[/snapback]

Wildcat 1970

I believe that Coach Melton was tuning up for the postseason and he had good intentions. It's not about a cut and dried rule it's about sportsmanship. . . that's all i'm saying

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826362387[/snapback]

Oh i see, i guess you think Livingston is just unpenetrable now that you drummed us one game. Livingston has played alot of good games and they are only getting better as the season progresses, and some of this probably has to do with Coach Melton. I think he's doing a great thing in Livingston and is doing an excellent job there. And i don't think Livingston has ever blown a twenty point lead with half of a quarter left to play. Losing is not what bothers me and i could care less about this game. Its a matter of sportsmanship not winning or losing. I would say Melton had good intentions though. I know that he likes to secure the lead early, and as someone said earlier it's getting closer to the playoffs and i think he wants his starters to get alot of playing time heading into the postseason.

YES THEY HAVE BLOWN 20 POINT LEADS

QUOTE(Lion15 @ Feb 7 2007 - 04:24 PM) 826362421[/snapback]

With half a quarter to play?!

Ok, you seem like a reasonable person trying to make a point but come on. Have you watched any of LA’s games other than the Cannon games?? He pulled his starters out in the last quarter with about a 20 point lead & you are tell everyone he should have done this earlier...right? If he had subbed more in the 3rd & 4th quarter it would have ended up being a 6-8 pt. game. Anything can happen in a 6-8 pt. game! You have to secure the win!! I don't know if you have noticed but he has a very young team, 1 senior & 2 juniors, I am not taking anything away from these younger boys but experience matters when it comes down to the last few minutes of a game. It is not bad sportsmanship…he is doing his job as a coach…teach these kids while securing a win.

QUOTE(HOGEYE21 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826363202[/snapback]

Ok, you seem like a reasonable person trying to make a point but come on. Have you watched any of LA’s games other than the Cannon games?? He pulled his starters out in the last quarter with about a 20 point lead & you are tell everyone he should have done this earlier...right? If he had subbed more in the 3rd & 4th quarter it would have ended up being a 6-8 pt. game. Anything can happen in a 6-8 pt. game! You have to secure the win!! I don't know if you have noticed but he has a very young team, 1 senior & 2 juniors, I am not taking anything away from these younger boys but experience matters when it comes down to the last few minutes of a game. It is not bad sportsmanship…he is doing his job as a coach…teach these kids while securing a win.

Good post, too bad 'Lion15' can't grasp the concept.

QUOTE(HOGEYE21 @ Feb 8 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826363202[/snapback]

I'm aware of the fact that they are a very young team. In my last post I had alot of good things to say about your team and Coach Melton. I understand where your coming from Hogeye21, and that makes alot of sense. Experience does matter and these boys need to be ready for the postseason (as i mentioned in my previous post)

QUOTE(Overton County Fan @ Feb 8 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826363736[/snapback]

Good post, too bad 'Lion15' can't grasp the concept.

Did you not read the last post I made? I had and still have nothing but good things to say about Livingston's program, their coach, and their players. In my last post I stated that I could understand where Melton was coming from when making this decision. I'll say it again though, just for you. I know Livingston is gettin ready for the playoffs. I know that they are a young team. I also understand that coach Melton was trying to secure the lead. I get the point. Now maybe after you read this post, or the last post then maybe you will "grasp the concept".