Eagleville @ Cascade

FridayMainEvent

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Feb 9 2007 - 07:18 AM) 826364734[/snapback] I guess Eagleville isnt so overrated after all.

We were looking at a lot of different combinations last night and I don't think we ever put in the one I like the best. I think the strongest rotation we have is Hall, Day, Reed, Carkuff, and Morton, but I don't remember seeing that lineup in a single time. Hopefully we'll get everything figured out before the tournaments start.

I still wasn't impressed with your team. I felt that it was more of a case of us beating ourselves than anything Eagleville was doing. I think when Cascade plays up to potential, Eagleville isn't going to have a chance. When we were getting the ball into Hall, Eagleville had no answer. They had to triple team him and he didn't do a good job of recognizing that on a few occasions and forced up a shot. We MUST keep him under the basket. Both times I remember him rolling up to the top of the key to handle the ball resulted in turnovers. On one of them, he picked up a stupid foul trying to recover on defense. If Cascade keeps Hall under the basket and he learns to recognize triple teams quicker and give the ball up to the perimeter shooters, Cascade will win the district tournament!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 9 2007 - 09:22 AM) 826364843[/snapback]

We were looking at a lot of different combinations last night and I don't think we ever put in the one I like the best. I think the strongest rotation we have is Hall, Day, Reed, Carkuff, and Morton, but I don't remember seeing that lineup in a single time. Hopefully we'll get everything figured out before the tournaments start.

I still wasn't impressed with your team. I felt that it was more of a case of us beating ourselves than anything Eagleville was doing. I think when Cascade plays up to potential, Eagleville isn't going to have a chance. When we were getting the ball into Hall, Eagleville had no answer. They had to triple team him and he didn't do a good job of recognizing that on a few occasions and forced up a shot. We MUST keep him under the basket. Both times I remember him rolling up to the top of the key to handle the ball resulted in turnovers. On one of them, he picked up a stupid foul trying to recover on defense. If Cascade keeps Hall under the basket and he learns to recognize triple teams quicker and give the ball up to the perimeter shooters, Cascade will win the district tournament!

I am in no way trying to sound bias toward cascade, but there is no reason why they should lose in the district from this point on if they can get back in sync like they played at Forrest a few weeks ago. I thought S. Reed played a hard game and hall played good besides the couple of turn overs and not recognizing the double team. I wish that Cascade would put more pressure on a team on defense because they have the speed and athletisim to play hard nosed defense. If you are having problems offensively you have to get your defense to create scores for you. With that said, I think once the normal starting five get a couple more games under their belt they will be fine.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 9 2007 - 10:22 AM) 826364843[/snapback]

Of course you didnt see Eagleville beating cascade....your for cascade. I am not saying that is bad it is just to be expected. I know were you are coming from when you say that. You love your team and that is good. I heard that Hall was giving us some problems but like you said if we triple team him or take our entire team on him and he cant get it to another person then why stop doing that. Maybe you guys need to get him used to seeing the open man. See ya in the tournament.

I know it is normal for fans to be biased towards their team. And, with Cascade you are correct in having high expectations. They have a lot of talent. But, for you to think Eagleville is not just as talented it wrong. I am not biased on the issue because I have no stake in either school. Eagleville has better guard play and is deeper. Cascade has the best player on the floor in every district game in Hall. But, Eagleville has the posts to defend him. The reason you did not see Hall sit under the basket and score all the time is because of the defense on him. Eagleville has two posts that are comperable in size and played great defense. They also put good pressure on the guards and made entry passes difficult.

QUOTE(communityhero @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:01 PM) 826365213[/snapback]

I know it is normal for fans to be biased towards their team. And, with Cascade you are correct in having high expectations. They have a lot of talent. But, for you to think Eagleville is not just as talented it wrong. I am not biased on the issue because I have no stake in either school. Eagleville has better guard play and is deeper. Cascade has the best player on the floor in every district game in Hall. But, Eagleville has the posts to defend him. The reason you did not see Hall sit under the basket and score all the time is because of the defense on him. Eagleville has two posts that are comperable in size and played great defense. They also put good pressure on the guards and made entry passes difficult.

Eagleville is a very talented ball club and i think any of the four top teams can win the district and regional tournament. I dont know if Eagleville is head and shoulders better at the guard position than cascade. I think that S. Reed is as good of a point guard as anybody in this district, and carkuff missed alot of shots he usually makes. I guess the debate is pointless because any of these teams can beat eachother on any given night.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 9 2007 - 02:07 PM) 826365220[/snapback]

Eagleville is a very talented ball club and i think any of the four top teams can win the district and regional tournament. I dont know if Eagleville is head and shoulders better at the guard position than cascade. I think that S. Reed is as good of a point guard as anybody in this district, and carkuff missed alot of shots he usually makes. I guess the debate is pointless because any of these teams can beat eachother on any given night.

I'm just curious but i have read on several different topics that people are saying the teams from this district have a really good shot to win the tournament. i think the other district is very tough and teams from that district (district 10) have a better shot. I cant wait til regions, i think it will be very interesting. Good luck to both districts and stay injury free.

QUOTE(naismith3 @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826365355[/snapback]

I'm just curious but i have read on several different topics that people are saying the teams from this district have a really good shot to win the tournament. i think the other district is very tough and teams from that district (district 10) have a better shot. I cant wait til regions, i think it will be very interesting. Good luck to both districts and stay injury free.

I think that this is one of the most even regions when you take all eight teams that should make it barring any upsets, which can most certainly happen during tourney time. I believe either district could take the regional crown or split the two spots for substate.. Cascade has split with NCA this year and been beaten by East Lit so to say one team is a favorite that would strictly be an opinion. The next two weeks will be very competitive as well as exciting. Good luck to all teams involved.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:54 PM) 826365377[/snapback]

I think that this is one of the most even regions when you take all eight teams that should make it barring any upsets, which can most certainly happen during tourney time. I believe either district could take the regional crown or split the two spots for substate.. Cascade has split with NCA this year and been beaten by East Lit so to say one team is a favorite that would strictly be an opinion. The next two weeks will be very competitive as well as exciting. Good luck to all teams involved.

the first time Cascade beat Nashville Christian NC was without its best player who is a HUGE part of their game. NC beat Cascade with him. And what was the score when East Lit. played Cascade?

QUOTE(naismith3 @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:46 AM) 826367047[/snapback]

the first time Cascade beat Nashville Christian NC was without its best player who is a HUGE part of their game. NC beat Cascade with him. And what was the score when East Lit. played Cascade?

Well the first game was close that cascade won and the game that NCS won was close as well both were 3 points or less I believe. Looks like it could go either way.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 11 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826367368[/snapback]

Well the first game was close that cascade won and the game that NCS won was close as well both were 3 points or less I believe. Looks like it could go either way.

Actually I was wrong. Cascade beat NCS by 9 at NCS and lost to them by 3 at home.