WH-Heritage & East Robertson

MaroonManiac

QUOTE(irishfan1 @ Feb 14 2007 - 06:47 PM) 826372068[/snapback]

We heard that the coaches were asked at the district meeting to keep the names under wraps until after the district tournament. Anyone else hear that?

I know thats how they did it with football so im sure thats how they did it here any opinions on who made it? and player of the year?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the Tennessean put the AA district teams and coaches in the paper too soon.... I think that is why we haven't seen any of the other Classes .

Did anyone else hear that.

8AA Portland and White House already know all district and coach of the yr even before the district tourney is over.....kind of strange. I am sure some feelings were hurt.

QUOTE(coachcharlie @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:36 PM) 826373920[/snapback]

Just heard the something about Heritage I hope isn't true. I heard that Crunk and Hannah are both down with some kind of bug that's going around. It would be a shame for Heritage to get this close and lose these two. Anyone hear anything bout this

No this isnt true they were sick about 2 weeks ago but are better now...I think Crunk broke her nose but her eyes arent black or ne thing and you cant really tell so im not sure if its broken or not but unless they got something in the last 24 hours they are fine........whats your predcistions on the smeifinals? i see a Robertson County rematch brewing.....

QUOTE(NeWbLuE @ Feb 10 2007 - 08:18 PM) 826366680[/snapback]

SO....

Looks like the Ladies of White House-Heritage lost the coin toss at the District meeting and instead of playing Jo-byrns in the first round we catch East LIT. ( Big difference) It does not seem right since Heritage beat ER 52-27 during the season. What ever happened to point spread sending you to top seed?

Oh well guess we will just have to take it to them at the district tourney, at least we have HOME court advantage in the first round--a school first--, or not (the refs seem to always go against us on our home court) they Gave the game to McEwen last night. A foul haack and then a 3 step walk on the layup that won the game for the visitors with 1 sec left in the game went UNCALLED by the Refs, the whole croud just sat stunned .

ok ok rant over....just had to get that off my chest. Hopefully all will go better for this team that has achieved greatness this season.

Any Ideas on how to handle those East Literature gals...? We split the season with them this yr.

Go Lady Patriots.

refs gave nothing...all was earned!!!!

QUOTE(bluesbrother @ Feb 10 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826366164[/snapback]You are right Maroon Maniac. Heritage owned the game last night until Coach had a total brain fade and left Hannah out the final 2 minutes.... I heard he must have forgotten about their Senior reception too....So sad to see so much talent not get fully developed!!

Kudos to Seniors Shorter and Crunk. I was sad to see their Senior night end so badly.

I know Heritage is playing E Lit does anyone have the rest of the tourney info.

I agree with Bluesbrother-- It is sad that the Heritage girls coach has not tried to develop the talent on that team. The coach did not stay for the senior reception and always leaves before the boys games start. I think he needs to go. A coach needs to have a better connection with the players, not to mention respect. No one respects him. The girls at Heritage have made it this far this season, not because of the coach, but because of the assistant caoch Cayce and because these girls have heart, and talent and want it so badly. I, for one, would like to thank Coach Cayce for her dedication and friendship to the girls and I think they will go far in spite of the head coach. GO Patriots!!!!

QUOTE(naismith3 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:31 PM) 826378277[/snapback]I agree with Bluesbrother-- It is sad that the Heritage girls coach has not tried to develop the talent on that team. The coach did not stay for the senior reception and always leaves before the boys games start. I think he needs to go. A coach needs to have a better connection with the players, not to mention respect. No one respects him. The girls at Heritage have made it this far this season, not because of the coach, but because of the assistant caoch Cayce and because these girls have heart, and talent and want it so badly. I, for one, would like to thank Coach Cayce for her dedication and friendship to the girls and I think they will go far in spite of the head coach. GO Patriots!!!!

In regards to Coach Davis leaving before the game. A lot of people forget or just plain dont know that for quite a few weeks back in the fall he was sick to the point where he was almost on his death bed. He's still workin on getting his energy back, thats why he doesnt stay for the guys games. The girls games take a lot out of him, and some times its all he can do to stay for the girls. I've heard him get a lot of criticism for the ways he coaches. Remember though, before he started coaching these girls never even thought winning a District tourney game, let alone playing in the Distric Championship. I know it does help that you have the two leading scorers in the County in Chelsea Hannah and Brandi Redding, but I think he deserves a little bit more credit. A lot of people can sit on the sidelines or in the stands and coach, but it takes something special to apply what you know on the court. I definately thought that he could've treated the McEwen game a little differently, but still its not our spot to say whether he's a bad coach or not. I think the girls on this team have developed their talents, I remember a time when they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat. Thats not the same case anymore. I know Coach Davis has stressed game experience and the girls scrimmage a lot. They've developed as a team, and I think it helps with Coach Singer being a younger woman and she relates well with these girls and keeps them together as a team. Also, leadership from Nat, Brandi, Shorter, Hannah, and freshman Shelby Ray steppin up has developed this team. I think all together they have a great package. With the exception of maybe some personnel trouble every once in a while. I think Davis does a pretty good job....

QUOTE(coachcharlie @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826378946[/snapback]Punter,

You as much as anyone should know that these kids had to develop as a team at a totally new school. I've watched them the entire time and they have developed between two coaches. My understanding is the first coach didn't want them shooting when Super Slagle was controlling the court. These kids have worked toward everything they have. Maybe I would buy your story if the man had stayed for Senior appreciation or even explained his leaving to his girls. The McEwen fade almost happened again on Friday night against McEwen again at half time. He has alot of spunk on his team and he needs to use it to his advantage. Sometimes it is hard to know when to stay or go. In my day it was all about your relationship with your kids. I really can appreciate illness is hard. From the stands it is hard but know these are kids who need leadership. If you've never coached girls know they are an entirely different to motivate. This team and coach can get it done with communication. They have come this far they just need to keep working it out. Their should be respect between the kids and their coach. My advice is to Coach is the main thing he needs to be with these girls is an encourager. They are a really young team. Talk Talk Talk is always good advice when dealing with any female HAAA! Good luck Patriots!!

You make a great point charlie. That was the case with Jacie there. I just brought up my points because I hate that something like this is being talked about right when they're doing really good, but I know the girls have worked hard for everything. I also know a lot of the girls on this team and know their personalities so I know what you mean abou tthe spunk. I guess I'll just stay out of it from now on. I saw the break down the last game at McEwen and saw what people were talkin about, so I do understand what you're sayin. I'll just keep my mouth shut.