District 11 A Baseball

travellin_man

Since it's almost time to start sitting in the cold and watching some good games of high school baseball, I wanted to find out who would be the front runners in my area and why you believe they are the front runners. I hear year after year that Columbia Academy is strong or it's the year of a sleeper team. Someone help me out, so I'll know which games would be awesome to watch. Thanks guys.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(always a dawg @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:26 PM) 826376918[/snapback]Huntland lost some really good players but they can still show up and win

I think that on any given day, anyone can win. I think that a couple of teams need an "x" factor to win this year. They have the talent but aren't clicking just right. Anyone that plays together as a team is going to win this District. I'm going to place my money on Culleoka and CA moving on to the next level with CA winning out due to experience at the higher level. Cully hasn't won the district ever if I'm not mistaken. Maybe it's the beginning of the country song..."But there's a first time for everything!"

On Paper - CA hands down is the favorite, they only lost one district game all year last year and didn't lose much to graduation.

Cully's coach has some talent to work with and good pitching. Richland was so young last year they should be much improved. Huntland lost probably the most in the district in numbers and talent, but don't count their coach out. He returns some good pitching too. He has three (I think) that should be strong (young lefty) and two senior right handers. Cornersville's coach may be the best baseball man in the district and gets the most out of what he has to work with.