Laken Leonard

back_4_more

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 11 2007 - 07:22 PM) 826367766[/snapback]

I did not say she wasn't the best and with the 1000 points at this point, how can I say you are wrong.

Question my knowledge of basketball is you want. I question your loyalty to the Red Boling Springs Basketball team. If you really cared about the TEAM, you would not be on here talking up one player this way unless you were promoting her for an award. You would be finding ways to credit everyone around her for her success. I guess now you will do that to show me up. Ha.

Like someone else said, I believe one of your fans or district opponent’s fans, basketball is a team sport. She is not going to win a single game by herself.

This is not to take away from Ms. Leonard’s accomplishments. She has to be pretty darn good to get to 1000 points in less than 2 years. Great job young lady.

About an hour after writing this post, I am back to say one more thing. Congrats to the entire RBS girl's team. Without great teammates, Ms. Leonard would not be succeeding like she is doing. Great teamwork. Keep it up and you will be playing for championship for many years.

...if i was buildin up anybody it'd be my lil sister who plays for that team. teams get team awards...great players get individual awards. last time i checked this thread was about laken achieving an individual goal. yes she does have a great team around her and alot of help but she scored 1000 points...not her team. congrats to her on that. congrats to the RBS team on an excellent season finishin up with a 26-3 record. very impressive.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sleep23 @ Feb 11 2007 - 08:53 PM) 826367914[/snapback]

...if i was buildin up anybody it'd be my lil sister who plays for that team. teams get team awards...great players get individual awards. last time i checked this thread was about laken achieving an individual goal. yes she does have a great team around her and alot of help but she scored 1000 points...not her team. congrats to her on that. congrats to the RBS team on an excellent season finishin up with a 26-3 record. very impressive.

27-3 Sleep, one game has not been entered.

QUOTE(basketballknowitall @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826367301[/snapback]

Why are they called classy, just because they are winning a few games? I have never heard a team cuss so much on the court than Red Boling Springs. They think every call should go their way. And when it dont, they cry like babies and take cheap shots at the other team. Sorry no one else will tell the truth. Someone needs to get ahold of this teams attitude. As for Leonard, she is good. But has the worse attitude on the team and her teammates are talking about it. They not dare say it outloud or coach would hammer them. But they are saying it. Say I am wrong, but I have seen them play 4 times this year and they cuss like sailors.

I am not sure that you have made one post on this web site that has been positive or informing! And to get on here and post something like this against several young well behaved girls who go out and play a game for fun is disgusting! I have never heard nothing but good things about the girls that play at RBS and I dont think you have witnessed or seen anything any different either! This is a personal attack on a good group of young ladies by someone who has lost to this team! As for the post you have made, I hope that a moderator will delete your post as so a very positive thread doesnt get closed! And with some of the post you have made, it prolly wouldnt hurt if you were not aloud to post again!

QUOTE(basketballknowitall @ Feb 11 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826367301[/snapback]

Why are they called classy, just because they are winning a few games? I have never heard a team cuss so much on the court than Red Boling Springs. They think every call should go their way. And when it dont, they cry like babies and take cheap shots at the other team. Sorry no one else will tell the truth. Someone needs to get ahold of this teams attitude. As for Leonard, she is good. But has the worse attitude on the team and her teammates are talking about it. They not dare say it outloud or coach would hammer them. But they are saying it. Say I am wrong, but I have seen them play 4 times this year and they cuss like sailors.

Your a fool, and I will say your wrong because you are wrong...i've been to a lot of games this year and no way have I seen them take cheap shots at any team...They play rough and they play with emotion, but they are a CLASSY bunch of ball players...Laken in no way has the worst attitude on that team and no her teammates aren't talking about it...See you say you've been to 4 games, but then you talk like you've been to every game this year and know the girls, know what they say, and know how they act every single game...Almost anyone who has seen them play with any sense whatsoever will tell you that these girls play hard every game and will give it their all and going into a game with RBS is in for one heck of a ball game...

QUOTE(swanson71 @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:12 PM) 826367950[/snapback]

The team is good as a whole and it helps Laken out a lot...She's proved this year she can score with 2 or 3 people guarding her, but her team makes it a lot easier for her to be able to score, everyone on that team know their roll and they play that roll extremely well...

The team is very exciting to watch

QUOTE(gotmilk? @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826367965[/snapback]

I am not sure that you have made one post on this web site that has been positive or informing! And to get on here and post something like this against several young well behaved girls who go out and play a game for fun is disgusting! I have never heard nothing but good things about the girls that play at RBS and I dont think you have witnessed or seen anything any different either! This is a personal attack on a good group of young ladies by someone who has lost to this team! As for the post you have made, I hope that a moderator will delete your post as so a very positive thread doesnt get closed! And with some of the post you have made, it prolly wouldnt hurt if you were not aloud to post again!

basketballknowitall only posts on coacht to make negative, totally false comments about several teams, personally I don't think he/she/it supports any team, just gets a thrill out of being a jerk. I wish it were possible to ban people like that.

QUOTE(auntkim @ Feb 11 2007 - 09:31 PM) 826367988[/snapback]

basketballknowitall only posts on coacht to make negative, totally false comments about several teams, personally I don't think he/she/it supports any team, just gets a thrill out of being a jerk. I wish it were possible to ban people like that.

Exactly I do believe it's ok to dis people on here because it happens all the time and if you don't want anyone to say anything to or about you don't post, I believe it's ok to talk about if one team is better than another, but when you get on and talk about the players that play on the team it becomes a problem and I don't believe it should be allowed...

all the teams have a goal in mind to win the next game and a player wants to help acheive that Laken and her teamates are no differant and for anyone to post and lie about a player or their behavior is beyond me If the negative post are from an adult shame on you if its from a child please get over it Either way you owe an apology to everyone you've insulted with these posts how did knowitall become part of your name must be something you came up with

QUOTE(bbcrazy @ Feb 11 2007 - 04:53 PM) 826367596[/snapback]

RBS IS A GREAT TEAM.WE DO NEED TO REMEMBER THE WORD TEAM,LAKEN IS A GOOD PLAYER,BUT THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD PLAYERS ON THE TEAM I THINK SHE DEMANDS A LITTLE TO MUCH ATTENTION ON THE COURT. SOME OF WHICH THE COACH SHOULD TAKE THE BLAME FOR.FACE IT SHE CAN NOT DO THIS ALONE,AND DOES NOT DO IT ALONE LETS GIVE THE OTHER GIRLS SOME CREDIT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU BIG CRY BABY. I AM SO SICK OF THE JEALOUSY THAT COMES FROM YOU BIG CRY BABIES. LAKEN DEMANDS NOTHING FROM ANYONE. SHE'S A SWEET KIND PERSON WITH GOD GIVEN TALENT. WHAT'S SHE SUPPOSED TO DO, CRAWL IN A HOLE AN HIDE. MOST KIDS, MOST ADULTS THAT HAD THE TALENT LAKEN DOES WOULD BE COCKY BUT THAT IS NOT SOMETHING ANYONE WHO WILL BE TRUTHFUL CAN LAY ON LAKEN LEONARD. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELF. I KNOW YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER PLAYING AND YOU DON'T HAVE THE COURAGE TO RAISE HER TO KNOW THAT SOMETIMES PEOPLE ARE BETTER AT CETRAIN AREAS. HEY IT'S LIFE...GET REAL...MAYBE YOU WANT TO TEACH YOUR KID HOW TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN LIFE. LAKEN HAS TAKEN TO MUCH CRAP FROM PEOPLE WANTING TO POINT OUT THAT IT TAKES A TEAM. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS REALIZES THAT IT TAKES A TEAM EFFORT. LAKEN IS NO EXCEPTION AND HAS NEVER DONE ANYTHING TO SUGGEST OTHERWISE. LAKEN HAS DONE AN OUTSTANDING JOB, A FABULOUS JOB, AND YOU ARE TRIED OF HEARING HER NAME. WHY DO YOU HEAR HER NAME, BECAUSE SHE HAS A GOD GIVEN TALENT THAT IS RARE......HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR DAUGHTER HAD THIS TALENT AND GOT THE ATTENTION LAKEN GETS (BUT DOES NOT DEMAND) YOU'D LOVE IT. AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE LARRY WHITE, NOT PLAY HER? TELL HER TO ONLY USE HALF HER SKILLS? SHAME ON YOU. YOU SHOULD BE CHEERING LAKEN ON, JUST THINK WHAT SHE COULD DO WITH A LITTLE ENCOURAGEMENT .............THEN WE'D SEE SOMETHING BIG TIME HAPPEN IN LITTLE RBS....THAT TOWN SHOULD BE PUSHING THAT CHILD ALONG, HELPING HER TO REACH HER GOALS INSTEAD OF DOING JUST THE OPPOSITE. BUT THAT WOULD REQUIRE CHARACTER ...........LAKEN'S A GOOD KID, GREAT ATHLETE, A CHRISTIAN, THAT SHOWS TREMENDOUS CHARACTER. I AM PROUD TO KNOW HER AND FEEL REALLY BAD THAT THERE'S A FEW THAT TRY TO BEAT HER DOWN. SHE'S A GOOD KID AND YOU FOLKS ACT LIKE SHE'S GOT A DISEASE OF SOME SORT. I JUST HOPE SHE CAN SURVIVE HER HIGH SCHOOL YEARS AT RBS WITHOUT STOOPING TO THE LEVEL OF THESE JEALOUS PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES ADULTS. LAKEN KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. PEOPLE WHO KNOW YOU KNOWS THERE'S ALOT MORE TO YOU THAN BASKETBALL.....CONTINUE TO BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR ABILITY AND DON'T STOOP TO THE LEVELS OF SOME THAT WOULD LIKE NOTHING BETTER THAN TO BRING YOU DOWN.

Great post hilltopdawg!

I'm going to step into this conversation and take up for Laken because I know she deserves all the respect in the world. That girl has worked hard for EVERYTHING she has gotten. You don't find many teenagers who spend their free time in a gym working on their strength, jump shot, defensive skills, etc. as Laken does. And it's not the fact that her parents have pushed her either...she works hard at her own free will. I wish everyone had the grit and determination that she had. I know her and her family well and believe me, they're not gloating on the fact that their child is a star athlete. They are a great down to earth and Christian family. They want her to be the best...but they don't beg for attention for Laken...they want to see the entire team do well first and foremost. And speaking of the team, we are not taking anything away from the rest of the girls by congratulating Laken. As it has been said, without the skills and unselfishness of the rest of the team Laken couldn't have accomplished the things she has. If by getting on here and praising Laken is offensive to the rest of the team or their parents, it should not be because the rest of you are getting the praise you deserve as well.