TOP STATE TEAMS

gameball

QUOTE(BigG @ Feb 9 2007 - 03:02 PM) 826365310[/snapback]I think Peter (Rosenblad) will still be involved with the team some, so his presence will still be felt. They also have the talent. I would still pick them in my top 3. (personally, I think that Hoya should come out of retirement and show those boys his mad skills!)

As far as CAK goes, how bout I just give you a "numbers" thing, and let others say their opinions.

We have 14 returning players (6 seniors). Both goal keepers are back (Brent Davidson and Drew Gorman)

We have David Pifer and his brother who transfered from Martin Westview when their dad became the girl's coach here at CAK. David is an all state senior and Chris is a sophomore.

We have 40 kids trying out this year (huge for a small school as ours) and there are some younger "diamonds in the rough" that should make their presence known.

And yes, that young asian man is back from the National Team. Brandon Tarr is a junior and will have 2 years left to play at CAK.

CAK's coach is getting old and a little pudgy around the mid-section. He has failed to realize that he can't keep up with 18 year olds, so he pops advil and ice packs every night. Luckily, he has a very understanding wife, who for some reason, still thinks he is an ok guy.

I understand that you have some "young lions" in middle school also. When will Dr. H's boys get a chance to play with the big guys??? Will they have to wait til 9th or will they be able to play as 8th graders?????

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(HSDAD @ Feb 27 2007 - 01:44 AM) 826391256[/snapback]I understand that you have some "young lions" in middle school also. When will Dr. H's boys get a chance to play with the big guys??? Will they have to wait til 9th or will they be able to play as 8th graders?????

Shoot! Those boys are good enough now! Even in 6th and 7th grade! Being a school on one campus, they have the opportunity to play their 8th grade year on the varsity team.

The "New" Catholic Coach is Mark Leader (the girls coach for the past 2 years, the guy that took a 5-7 team and turned them around to make a state finals and semi finals apperance) Mark was also the boys assitant coach for the past 6 years, I don't think catholic looses anything, Peter is the FR/JV coach and assistant varsity coach and is still very much involved. Thanks for your concern.

Beards

QUOTE(BigG @ Feb 27 2007 - 07:01 AM) 826391324[/snapback]Shoot! Those boys are good enough now! Even in 6th and 7th grade! Being a school on one campus, they have the opportunity to play their 8th grade year on the varsity team.

They will be a force!! (But will they wear Yellow????) LOL

QUOTE(KCHSCoach @ Feb 27 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826391362[/snapback]The "New" Catholic Coach is Mark Leader (the girls coach for the past 2 years, the guy that took a 5-7 team and turned them around to make a state finals and semi finals apperance) Mark was also the boys assitant coach for the past 6 years, I don't think catholic looses anything, Peter is the FR/JV coach and assistant varsity coach and is still very much involved. Thanks for your concern.

Beards

Hearing Mark Leader referred to as "new" may be one of the more amusing things that I've ever heard!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That old codger has been around forever. I think he used to peer over the fence when we practiced down on Magnolia at the old school. He doesn't even own any new clothes. There is nothing "new" about that old South African.

Oh yea, he can really coach soccer, but "new", no way. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />