Grace vs. East Ridge

abc123kid

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Breakem23 @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:09 PM) 826369558[/snapback]

I would say Jurick...Kentuckys assistant was at the Arts and Sciences game against East Ridge watching him....

He was there to see both. Both have taken unofficial visits to Kentucky and I believe both have offers on the table. Clemson was also in attendance I tihnk those were the major two.

Grace got off to a fast start, building an eight-point lead at the end of the first quarter. But East Ridge took over from there. The Pioneers out-scored the Golden Eagles 21-5 in the second quarter to go up eight at halftime. East Ridge went on to win 58-41. Jurick scored 11 points, while McMasters had 18. The Pioneers Alex Wells led all scorers with 23 points.

QUOTE(oldtimeballer63 @ Feb 12 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826369605[/snapback]

Grace got off to a fast start, building an eight-point lead at the end of the first quarter. But East Ridge took over from there. The Pioneers out-scored the Golden Eagles 21-5 in the second quarter to go up eight at halftime. East Ridge went on to win 58-41. Jurich scored 11 points, while McMasters had 18. The Pioneers Alex Wells led all scorers with 23 points.

Thanks for the score.

QUOTE(redandwhiteforever @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826369564[/snapback]

He was there to see both. Both have taken unofficial visits to Kentucky and I believe both have offers on the table. Clemson was also in attendance I tihnk those were the major two.

Clemson might have been looking at the graces other big man.... since he was talking to his parents.. Philip didnt have a bad game just got into foul trouble early b/c some baby calls.. but he had a good night on the defense end....

East Ridge 5 21 20 12 — 58

Grace Academy 13 5 11 12 — 41

East Ridge (58) — Antionio Whitelon 11, Rowland 6, Turner 5, Alex Wells 23, Williams 2, Phillip Jurick 11.

Grace (41) — Church 3, Brandon Herman 12, Shaughnessy 7, Carter McMasters 18, Jordan 1.

3-point goals: East Ridge 2 (Whitelon, Wells); Grace 4 (McMasters 3, Church).

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Feb 13 2007 - 06:48 AM) 826369772[/snapback]

Clemson might have been looking at the graces other big man.... since he was talking to his parents.. Philip didnt have a bad game just got into foul trouble early b/c some baby calls.. but he had a good night on the defense end....

Are you kidding me? He's a big dude and was by far the most physically aggressive one on the court. If you throw elbows you're gonna get called. I'm not going to complain at how he plays, you've got to be physical out there when you play at the next level.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826369874[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? He's a big dude and was by far the most physically aggressive one on the court. If you throw elbows you're gonna get called. I'm not going to complain at how he plays, you've got to be physical out there when you play at the next level.

The schools in attendance were Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia and Clemson. All are interested in both Carter and Philip and all have made offers to both.

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Feb 13 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826369874[/snapback]

He barelly cliped dude on the nose dude was just full of drama and the ref bought it... he was turning looking full a guy its not his fault the guy was slapping the S********** out of him is it...

QUOTE(abc123kid @ Feb 13 2007 - 02:47 PM) 826370312[/snapback]

He barelly cliped dude on the nose dude was just full of drama and the ref bought it... he was turning looking full a guy its not his fault the guy was slapping the S********** out of him is it...

There were two trips down the floor where Philip should have been called for fouls but wasnt. There was the one time where he slapped someone on the arm and the whole gym heard it and the next time he was pushing a grace player with an arm bar. He was lucky he didnt foul out earlier. It is his game to play physical and thats good for him, but he needs to be smarter and not pick up dumb fouls.

So what is it now Phillip 3 Carter 1? It might just be 2 to 1 I'm not sure but I know Phillip one the other game this year and the 30 20 night last season. Carter played well his game baffles me but he is a heck of a ball player. Phillip is shaping more and more into a D-1 post player with his aggressive play and consistency rebounding the ball. He reminds me of Paul Davis at Michigan State now Golden State, only Phillip is well ahead of him athletically. Phillip won't get called for the "Shaq" move at the next level like he does in high school, that is what you goobers are calling throwing elbows its just the new way post players at higher levels are getting seperation.