Abrigo(Forest) vs Gay(Riverdale) finals

rhswrestling

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rhswrestling @ Feb 11 2007 - 03:14 PM) 826367478[/snapback]

Did anyone see the match between Abrigo and Gay in the finals?? what did you think of the match if u did happen to see it?

I was there. Gay was pretty much in control the entire match. Abrigo was in obvious pain which was hindering him from wrestling at top form. Time was called by the Ref's so that Abrigo's knee could be inspected, when time resumed it was determined that Abrigo would be allowed to continue. When the whistle blew both wrestlers went at it pretty good. Long story short... Abrigo exploded, Gay made a mistake and was rolled into a pin. It was a very good match on both wrestlers part, they both wrestled their tail off.

Good luck to the both them at State.

Does anyone know how Abrigo's knee is after the match? Will he be in form for State?

QUOTE(thelightsareon @ Feb 11 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826367576[/snapback]

How is his conditioning?

He had to be assisted off the mat. He was in obvious pain, puking from the pain. He was carried to the receive his medal, then left the gym. I hope he will be able to compete at State... He was a warrior...he would not give in and stop the match.

QUOTE(thsdad @ Feb 11 2007 - 06:07 PM) 826367667[/snapback]

He had to be assisted off the mat. He was in obvious pain, puking from the pain. He was carried to the receive his medal, then left the gym. I hope he will be able to compete at State... He was a warrior...he would not give in and stop the match.

Well I was there and seen a different person you saw. I didnt see this good wrestler that you make abrigo out to be as a matter a fact he has got a bad attitude and I wanted to pull for him so bad but halfway through the match I just couldnt get over how he acted. Then after the match he about got in a fight with riverdale and had to leave. I am very disappointed in him the way he acted and he is not in very good condition. It would be hard to be missing so much.

just my opinion!!!!!

abrigo was a warrior times a million...

so much pain that he threw up afterward...

did not quit...which any of us would have understood if he had quit

is still 21-0 this year with a painful knee...

if healthy...the match would have been over alot sooner

the match was an incredible exhibit of HEART...

he was obviously very limited in what he could do...and pinned the guy on sheer will power and then collapsed to the mat

i am shocked that anyone would have seen it any differently...

he was an inspiration to the whole crowd...

and i have no dog in this fight...but i know what i saw...guts, passion, heart, determination

QUOTE(pattonboysdad @ Feb 12 2007 - 12:08 PM) 826368628[/snapback]

he was obviously very limited in what he could do...and pinned the guy on sheer will power and then collapsed to the mat

and i have no dog in this fight...but i know what i saw...guts, passion, heart, determination

I agree completely...and he wasn't the one who had words after the match...

QUOTE(pattonboysdad @ Feb 12 2007 - 01:08 PM) 826368628[/snapback]

Jeff,

Sorry to change the subject, but is Jay wrestling for the middle school team going to Iowa?

QUOTE(takeyoudown @ Feb 12 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826368640[/snapback]

Jeff,

Sorry to change the subject, but is Jay wrestling for the middle school team going to Iowa?

not as i know of...smile...and...i am guessing i know you...give me a hint!

...jay is only a 5th grader...had an incredible year against middle school kids...but he is not the best at 80lb in the state in middle school

QUOTE(pattonboysdad @ Feb 12 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826368650[/snapback]

not as i know of...smile...and...i am guessing i know you...give me a hint!

...jay is only a 5th grader...had an incredible year against middle school kids...but he is not the best at 80lb in the state in middle school

I keep forgeting that little detail. I will take him anytime....who's better? Only one I may know of is the boy from Notre Dame. Is there someone else out there?

You do know me....too bad we are headed back to GOD's country....for wrestling that is.....call me sometime.