Georgia State Brackets

RMC

QUOTE(RMC @ Feb 16 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826375455[/snapback]

Whoa buddy....we took our lumps today.......lost our 112, 152, 160 and 215.

But..should be an awesome showdown with our Taylor Knapp and Kendall Albert in the finals. Our 125 also made it through.

Come on down for another day of wrestling..check out Carrington Banks going for a 4th championship and check out Mr. Condon.

Hey, have you heard of an 8th grader by the name of Luster down there? I heard he may be looking at a TN school or two. He knows where the beast in southern wrestling is!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:38 AM) 826375475[/snapback]

Hey, have you heard of an 8th grader by the name of Luster down there? I heard he may be looking at a TN school or two. He knows where the beast in southern wrestling is!!

I thought he was a 7th grader.

QUOTE(BayouBear @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:09 PM) 826377851[/snapback]Westerman, Condon and Boatright looked great. Banks looked OK but the kid he wrestled was not very good. Couldn't get too excited about anyone else. Take our top 28 against your top 28 and it could get ugly for the Peach state.

Whoa......we'll have to take off those orange colored glasses. Did you see TJ MItchell....50 and 0 and gave up no points other than cutting the opponent this year.......BJ Stewart at 215.......Kyle Baird from Jefferson.

I'll tell you what....all or nothing at 152 - Carrington Banks vs. Justin Spain......I'm all in.

QUOTE(RMC @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:23 PM) 826377873[/snapback]Whoa......we'll have to take off those orange colored glasses. Did you see TJ MItchell....50 and 0 and gave up no points other than cutting the opponent this year.......BJ Stewart at 215.......Kyle Baird from Jefferson.

I'll tell you what....all or nothing at 152 - Carrington Banks vs. Justin Spain......I'm all in.

I'll bet all my popcorn money from this years state on Spain.

QUOTE(Raider76 @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:27 PM) 826377878[/snapback]I'll bet all my popcorn money from this years state on Spain.

Save your Popcorn money.....I'm all in on 160 too.

Let's see if Spain is right:

103 - TJ Mitchell/Brandon Westerman - Miller/Baucke

112 - Alex Hudson - Jadoobirsingh/Whitaker

119 - Chad Mitchell/Phil Holloway - Johnson/TJ Duncan

125 - Carson Fields/Justin Crozier - Garham/Simpson

130 - Ryan Galloway - Johnson/Johnson

135 - Mr. Knapp (beat 164 - 4 Kendall Albert in the finals) - Winesburgh/Young

140 - Peter Yates/Raleigh Abbott - Pavlou/Bell

145 - Jesse Miller (last two state finals matches lasted combined 44 seconds) - Felix/Baucke

152 - Carrington Banks - Spain/Doster

160 - Josh Condon - Waddell/Wright

171 - Nathan Swanson - Young (Swanson already beat Bateman)

189 - Olsen - Roberson/Williams (The runner up beat Roberson this year at Oviedo)

215 - BJ Stewart/Brooks Pendleton - Lettner/Bartholomew

285 - Boatright - Sigler/Hermann (I believe Boatright beat Hermann at Kyle Maynard Duals)

I had to edit after remembering that Carson Fields is at 125.

QUOTE(cobrakid8 @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826377887[/snapback]I would put my money on Spain also watched Banks and his brother both and I think Justin would take them even think Toney would give him a run. At 160 I think Condon and Wright would be a great match also. Condon is good but after watching Brandon this weekend I would think it to be a toss-up.

Always wise to bet against a 4x state champion.

How did Wright do at Beast of the East....Condon went 5 - 2.....his only loses on the year. Ask Raider76 about Condon.

I'm not trying to start a flame war.....but you guys have not faired very well south of the border this year. I'm surprised old BayouBear would throw some stones at Georgia.

I'm pretty sure Bradley-Central, Baylor, Father Ryan, and McCallie all traveled down to the either the Walton Duals, McEachern Duals, Kyle Maynard Duals, or Parkview duals and didn't come out with a championship. I'm also pretty sure that Baylor suffered double digit losses to Parkview and McEachern.

I'm happy that Georgia teams can compete on a level with Tennessee teams. It was too long ago that we weren't even in the same ballpark.

At Collins Hill our goal was to reach a level to compete with Baylor and Bradley-Central. Thanks to both of you for setting the bar so high.