8AAA district preseason picks

sportalcholic

1.Coffee County,2Columbia,3.Tullahoma,4.Shelbyville,5. Lawrenceburg,6.Franklin County,7Lincoln County. I dont see anyone touching Coffee County this year. I think Columbia,Tullahoma, and Shelbyville will have a dog fight for the next three spots. Lincoln County is very young with very little experience,but could come on by tournamnet time. I see Lawrenceburg as maybe the cinderella team, and if im remembering correctly Franklin County was very young last year and maybe still a year away from big improvements.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sportalcholic @ Feb 12 2007 - 09:32 AM) 826368403[/snapback]

1.Coffee County,2Columbia,3.Tullahoma,4.Shelbyville,5. Lawrenceburg,6.Franklin County,7Lincoln County. I dont see anyone touching Coffee County this year. I think Columbia,Tullahoma, and Shelbyville will have a dog fight for the next three spots. Lincoln County is very young with very little experience,but could come on by tournamnet time. I see Lawrenceburg as maybe the cinderella team, and if im remembering correctly Franklin County was very young last year and maybe still a year away from big improvements.

Move Franklin County up one and Lawrence Co. down one. Coffee Co. is the team to beat with 2 really good pitchers. Solid outfield and great infield.

QUOTE(chs4life @ Feb 12 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826369309[/snapback]

Move Franklin County up one and Lawrence Co. down one. Coffee Co. is the team to beat with 2 really good pitchers. Solid outfield and great infield.

Why move Lawrence County down one. Lawrence County played really well last year and didn't lose but two starters off last years team. I think Lawrence County might do better then expected. That is why you play the games. Let the season begin.

QUOTE(chs4life @ Feb 12 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826369309[/snapback]

Coffee County looks good but let's not forget...there are a few question marks still up in the air. The second baseman moved to right field and the left fielder over to center and there will be a new left fielder all together. Then we can't forget a new catcher, whoever wins that position will be a sophomore. I have no doubt in my mind that those girls can play wherever they are put on the field because they are good athletes, but those are new positions that they will have to prove themselves at in game situations! Good luck Coffee County!

Picks for this year: Tullahoma 1. Columbia 2. Coffee 3. Lawerence 4. Shelbyville 5. Lincoln 6. I don't think Coffee will be number one this year. They have had to change their line up, so inexperienced players will be at new positions. Tullahoma will be the team to beat... They put Coffee out in the district tournament last year in two back to back wins. They still have their young pitcher coming back, and Coffee couldn't seem to touch her last year. Columbia is always a team to beat. They have pretty even talent as Coffee, but I pick them because they will be more experienced. You can't ever forget about Lawerence or Shelbyville because those girls always come with a lot of heart and want to be the under dog that makes it to the top. They are always improving every year. Lincoln will be last just because they lost I think 7 starters last year including their star pitcher. Jana Towery is all they have left from their starting line up from '06.