8AAA district preseason picks

sportalcholic

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the pitchers I saw looked good. Cat appeared to have added a screw ball or maybe even a drop screwball to her already deadly arsenal. She may have been throwing that a while but we only saw her at one high school tournament last year and one game at CC. Her control, speed and variety of pitches makes it tough on batters. Anyone going to the plate without a plan against her is taking a knife to a gun fight.

I was really impressed with Christen. Her velocity is up, she demonstrated good control and the variety of pitches she threw was good. That plus her mound presence and leadership will be an tremendous asset to CC in the coming years.

You tend to overlook Kasie in this because she makes it look so easy. She worked the corners at will and kept the batters off balance. Her rise ball looked good and I did not count strike outs but she popped up several. She looked comfortable on the mound and ready to take charge and make a run on a good year. I have to admit I did not watch her as closely because I know she is good.

It is easy for people to quote radar speeds and take that numerical value and try to discern which pitcher is better than the other. I guess it is easier for all of us to wrap our minds around, but while speed is an asset, it is not an answer to every problem. Anyone that watched Kristen Schmidt from LSU at the College World Series in 2004 should know that. The fastest pitch I saw her throw was 54 mph. If she had not just run out of gas after 400 pitches I think they would have won it.

It should be a good year for both teams. The hitting was off on both sides but that is normal for this time of year. The pitchers have been working all winter and they are at the top of their game. The hitters are just getting started. It will come for both teams, they just need some "at bats".

How well they come together as a team, their willingness to adjust, and their willingness to work, will determine the level of their success.

QUOTE(RaiderOne @ Feb 25 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826388225[/snapback]CAT pitched a perfect 4 innings. Retired the side each inning. Christin Swan has improved greatly. She pitched a good game.

My bad.. CAT - she is an amazing pitcher I didn't get to see the scrimmage I was just passing on the info I was told....yes Swan is getting a lot better. Good luck this season Raider One

QUOTE(toosmart @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826378352[/snapback]Picks for this year: Tullahoma 1. Columbia 2. Coffee 3. Lawerence 4. Shelbyville 5. Lincoln 6. I don't think Coffee will be number one this year. They have had to change their line up, so inexperienced players will be at new positions. Tullahoma will be the team to beat... They put Coffee out in the district tournament last year in two back to back wins. They still have their young pitcher coming back, and Coffee couldn't seem to touch her last year. Columbia is always a team to beat. They have pretty even talent as Coffee, but I pick them because they will be more experienced. You can't ever forget about Lawerence or Shelbyville because those girls always come with a lot of heart and want to be the under dog that makes it to the top. They are always improving every year. Lincoln will be last just because they lost I think 7 starters last year including their star pitcher. Jana Towery is all they have left from their starting line up from '06.

Well Coffee Co. just knocked T-town off in the season opener @ Tullahoma.

You may want to rethink who will be the team to beat.

Lincoln Co. gave Columbia all they wanted last night losing 6 to 4 so we may have one exciting season ahead of us in distrist 8. Everyone just about on this thread including myself picked Columbia high and Lincoln Co. to finish last but if last night showed me anything it is that the young Lincoln Co. girls are out to prove everyone wrong.

QUOTE(sportalcholic @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826411262[/snapback]Lincoln Co. gave Columbia all they wanted last night losing 6 to 4 so we may have one exciting season ahead of us in distrist 8. Everyone just about on this thread including myself picked Columbia high and Lincoln Co. to finish last but if last night showed me anything it is that the young Lincoln Co. girls are out to prove everyone wrong.

every prediction I've seen has Columbia either 1 or 2 in the district. I've not seen any that has Columbia last. Also Lawrence County defeated Franklin County 8-0 last night.

QUOTE(sportalcholic @ Mar 14 2007 - 09:14 AM) 826411262[/snapback]Lincoln Co. gave Columbia all they wanted last night losing 6 to 4 so we may have one exciting season ahead of us in distrist 8. Everyone just about on this thread including myself picked Columbia high and Lincoln Co. to finish last but if last night showed me anything it is that the young Lincoln Co. girls are out to prove everyone wrong.

Yep, you said last.