10AA

Spurrierfan

QUOTE(wenlf @ Mar 5 2007 - 09:42 AM) 826400349[/snapback]EM, marshall county basball has been on a downward slide the last several years. marhall county babe ruth teams still dominate in this area with numerous state titles and southeast region trips but when they get to high school lately they can't even win the district. if you go to the games you know we don't hit and run, don't bunt to advance players into scoring position.the play i see the most is the fake bunt in hopes that the pitcher will miss the strike zone.also i am sure that all the opposing teams know our players are not supposed to swing until they get 1 strike. this might be a good plan when you don't teach hitting.

Look I dont have a dog in the hunt in this district, however I am going to post here because the people in lewisburg or whereever should ALWAYS back up coach George, and the REESE boys. What they have done in the last 25 or so years there is amazing. I respect their staff and what they have done for the high school game!!! People do not need to get on here and post A DARN thing about l-burg's baseball staff....

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

senior babe ruth is a joke! mc won it without their best pitcher. he played for twitty city in nashville so he could get scouted.maybe i'm wrong about the coaching staff.i guess time will tell.i am just tired of hearing how good they were 10-20 years ago so that makes them good now. well coached teams hit the ball and make the routine plays on defense.

QUOTE(wenlf @ Mar 6 2007 - 10:44 AM) 826402076[/snapback]senior babe ruth is a joke! mc won it without their best pitcher. he played for twitty city in nashville so he could get scouted.maybe i'm wrong about the coaching staff.i guess time will tell.i am just tired of hearing how good they were 10-20 years ago so that makes them good now. well coached teams hit the ball and make the routine plays on defense.

YES and LOYAL FANS support the team and coaches no matter what...!!!!1

I agree somewhat with all of you. Senior babe ruth is a joke, but Marshall does have some of the best coaches in the mid-state, as I've already said. I don't think that Marshall has gotten a whole lot worse, but more of the rest of the district has stepped up. Loretto, Page, and Giles have made it hard for Lewisburg to dominate like the old days.

Right okay I have seen Great Teams in Senior Babe Ruth..I bet Lintz couldnt pitch against!!! Like i said before Lintz isnt a team player and never will be.. I bet he feels real great that his team won a State championship without him!! Im tired of everyone saying he is the best. He dont even compare to the great pitchers that has come out of Marshall Co. So who is he??

i can't speak for lintz but i would think his main objective in summer ball was to improve his game in hopes of a college scholarship. so he should have given up a chance at a college scholarship to play for a baby ruth title? slamming a high school kid for trying to get a college education is not cool. i don't mind strong opinions but lets stay with the facts. i think he made a wise decision. we will see who is right as the season progresses. maybe a babe ruth championship team can dominate this district and win the state. oh yea lets see what happens to lintz on signing day

It's obvious EMbaseball8 that you have some personal animosity toward Lintz. As far as "who is he?", he's akidwho has grown up in Marshall co and played baseball from t-ball thru Babe Ruth. You imply that he's done some terrible thing because he didn't play summer ball with the local team. When did that become a requirement? Is it wrong for someone to take advantage of opportunities for their best possible future? I don't remember anyone whining when Mikie Minor opted not to play with the Chapel Hill boys and played with a Nashville travel team. Maybe his coach and fellow Chapel Hill people wanted what would be best for him. Your criticism of Marshall Co's weaknesses is true, their middle infield is weak and commits errors on routine plays. But if the coaching staff was so "great" (quoting you) they would make some changes, instead of keeping players in positions that make error after error. According to your other posts on this thread you seem to have a lot of knowledge about Marshall Co baseball. Maybe the question that should be answered is, Who are you?

First off Lintz is going to get a scholarship with his grades.. Mikey played with the Nashville team since he was little that is why no one said anything and plus Lintz doesnt compare to Mikey. To me winning a State Championship is way better than playing for my success, I'm glad I have 2 Rings on my fingers. I know Marshall's coaches keep the same players in after they make errors but who else do they got? By the way who is Lintz going to sign with? He is not a SEC pitcher and what coaches look for in a player is a TEAM PLAYER not a I PLAYER.

I don't think Lintz played in Nashville for better chances of a college education. My thoughts from what I know about him is that he wanted to play on a better team. Winning that championship this summer is not that impressive because I saw them play a few teams that were otherwise no good, and Marshall's team lost.

QUOTE(bigSHHSfan @ Mar 7 2007 - 12:27 PM) 826403584[/snapback]Spring Hill is really good i went and saw them play the other day and they whooped Hampshire 25-1.

Haha

Finally something other than how great the Marshall Co. coaches are thanks SHHS. What kind of pitching does Spring Hill have this year? How is the new coach working out?