10AA

Spurrierfan

I disagree. If Giles Co. does not play top-notch defense, they will be average. Pitching is good, as in, the pitchers will throw strikes. Holley is the only one with the ability to win one without a lot of defense.

Their outfield will have a drop-off, but the outfield wasn't exactly great last year, with only Holt in center.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on last year's outcomes and returning players, Marshall is definitely the favorite going into the season. They lost only four seniors and have 8 this year. The team's strength is pitching with Lintz and Stokes as very solid 1 and 2. They return the bulk of the offensive production from last year which is what will determine where this team goes. If Marshall puts up runs they will be VERY tough to beat and I don't see them losing in the district with the new format. No one in the district has two pitchers on MC's level and hardly anyone has one on Lintz's level.

... Giles and Spring Hill will both have very good teams that can hit the ball and you have to throw Loretto in the mix just b/c they were there last year but Lewis returns a lot and may surprise people but i see Page in the gutter this year.

I see the final standings as MC, SH, GC, L, LC, P

Yea Marshall only lost 4 seniors, but they were core players! They had GREAT pitching from Shorey,Great catching form Wilson, Great hitting by Hobbs, and Defence by Crawford. Stoltz is not a solid pitcher. He is hardly on, and Lintz has his off days. Lintz usually walks the firt four batters and then strikes out the side.From what I haveseen in their scrimmages their hitting is a big problem besides their fielding. Theny cant win making 12 errors in a game and like I said earlier they have to d something with the shortstop .Marshall coaching is great b/c of theie history. They have 10 state championships including summer ball. They have the Winningest coach in Tennesee. No one compares to Marshall's coaching.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ Mar 3 2007 - 12:09 PM) 826398266[/snapback]Yea Marshall only lost 4 seniors, but they were core players! They had GREAT pitching from Shorey,Great catching form Wilson, Great hitting by Hobbs, and Defence by Crawford. Stoltz is not a solid pitcher. He is hardly on, and Lintz has his off days. Lintz usually walks the firt four batters and then strikes out the side.From what I haveseen in their scrimmages their hitting is a big problem besides their fielding. Theny cant win making 12 errors in a game and like I said earlier they have to d something with the shortstop .Marshall coaching is great b/c of theie history. They have 10 state championships including summer ball. They have the Winningest coach in Tennesee. No one compares to Marshall's coaching.

EM, marshall county basball has been on a downward slide the last several years. marhall county babe ruth teams still dominate in this area with numerous state titles and southeast region trips but when they get to high school lately they can't even win the district. if you go to the games you know we don't hit and run, don't bunt to advance players into scoring position.the play i see the most is the fake bunt in hopes that the pitcher will miss the strike zone.also i am sure that all the opposing teams know our players are not supposed to swing until they get 1 strike. this might be a good plan when you don't teach hitting.