10AA

Spurrierfan

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(tcross @ Mar 8 2007 - 12:28 PM) 826404722[/snapback]Ralph Garrett (Giles County) is force at the pitcher spot as well as a great outfielder!! Hope he gets to play this year!! If not he will shine on the next level and will make people doubt or question their motive of playing him!!

I was told earlier that Ralph quit just before the team left to go to loretta

Interesting that everyone split in the 1st week of district play - I don't think I've ever seen the district all tied at 1-1. I wonder if the home-field advantage held in all the games? Marshall Co., Loretto, & Spring Hill are playing in the Riverdale Warrior Classic starting today (Thurs, March 29) thru possibly Sunday if they win their pools. I wonder how these weekend games will affect their play in Monday's district games of Loretto at Page, Lewis Co. at Marshall Co., and Giles Co. at Spring Hill and then back-to-back on Tuesday?

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:29 AM) 826378728[/snapback]The favored would be Marshall County only when Lintz is pitching. Marshall County is going to have 3 years of re-building. Marshall County will probably will make it to the District tournament but will lose to either Loretto or Giles. Marshall County doesn't have the team this year to do it, even tho they won the STATE in summer ball. They don't have the hitting or pitching and maybe not even the defence. I guess the coaches are taking it soft on them this year.

I have to disagree with you EMbaseball8. Of course, I am from Marshall County with a Sr. playing. Although we have only played 2 district games, against Page and split 1-1, our record is 7-1. We have great pitching and our hitting I agree can use a little boost, but all in all, we pull through and get the hits when they are needed most. We have quite a few power hitters and I look for us to win the district and win the state.

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ Feb 25 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826389318[/snapback]First, Nance is not a solid player and Lintz is not the center fielder( Brad Barnes is). Marshall County middle infield is very weak. Most of their games were lost by errors in the middle infield, but to much on Nance's side. Marshall Co offense is their biggest problem this year besides pitching. I hope they have improved a lot this year, because they have Tiger pride that is instake.

Nance isnt the problem EMbaseball8. I think you need to look to his lright to see where a majority of the errors occur. And yes, he has made a few, but Nance is a solid infielder, smoooooooooottttttthhhhhh.

QUOTE(SuperSport @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826398750[/snapback]EMbaseball8, I don't know how Marshall can be as bad as you say, but if you're right, you're right. I agree with you about Lintz, great talent, but he has to get a little bit stronger mind. As far as catcher goes, who is it?

Jake Lintz is the catcher for MC. I can't understand why EMbaseball keeps doggin MC. When you got it you got it. We do have the best coaching, the best pitching and grant it everyone needs help with hitting on all teams, but MC will win the district and state.

Interesting that everyone split in the 1st week of district play - I don't think I've ever seen the district all tied at 1-1. I wonder if the home-field advantage held in all the games? Marshall Co., Loretto, & Spring Hill are playing in the Riverdale Warrior Classic starting today (Thurs, March 29) thru possibly Sunday if they win their pools. I wonder how these weekend games will affect their play in Monday's district games of Loretto at Page, Lewis Co. at Marshall Co., and Giles Co. at Spring Hill and then back-to-back on Tuesday?

[/quote Home field did not hold in every game Loretto beat Giles Co. in Pulaski and Giles beat Loretto in Loretto. oddly enough the score was the same both nights.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(EMbaseball8 @ Mar 3 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826398266[/snapback]Yea Marshall only lost 4 seniors, but they were core players! They had GREAT pitching from Shorey,Great catching form Wilson, Great hitting by Hobbs, and Defence by Crawford. Stoltz is not a solid pitcher. He is hardly on, and Lintz has his off days. Lintz usually walks the firt four batters and then strikes out the side.From what I haveseen in their scrimmages their hitting is a big problem besides their fielding. Theny cant win making 12 errors in a game and like I said earlier they have to d something with the shortstop .Marshall coaching is great b/c of theie history. They have 10 state championships including summer ball. They have the Winningest coach in Tennesee. No one compares to Marshall's coaching.

I'm new to this message board and I know your posting is before the season really got started. However, I must reply. I'm not sure your opinion is based on solid fact. Stoltz is a very solid pitcher. He has matured remarkably this season. He is consistant in pitching 89-93 mph pitches as several recruiters who are wanting to sign him will testify. Last nights game against Spring Hill will testify to his strength and validity as a good college prospect.

QUOTE(tbp10aa @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:24 AM) 826434644[/snapback]I'm new to this message board and I know your posting is before the season really got started. However, I must reply. I'm not sure your opinion is based on solid fact. Stoltz is a very solid pitcher. He has matured remarkably this season. He is consistant in pitching 89-93 mph pitches as several recruiters who are wanting to sign him will testify. Last nights game against Spring Hill will testify to his strength and validity as a good college prospect.

Stolz is indeed a very solid pitcher, in fact I think he is a better pitcher than Lintz. Seth gets by with a lot on pure velocity sometimes. But if someone is clocking Stolz at 93 mph, they better check the calibration on their gun.