who goes to state in A

always a dawg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Raiderfan05 @ Mar 11 2007 - 06:44 PM) 826408395[/snapback]We played Whitwell this past weekend and they are good. They were the best team at the south pit tourney in my opinion

Whitwell has done good, but they're not as strong as they were last year it seems. Other teams in their district have been able to handle them well.

QUOTE(goteam14 @ Apr 9 2007 - 01:49 PM) 826433196[/snapback]Whitwell has done good, but they're not as strong as they were last year it seems. Other teams in their district have been able to handle them well.

i mean't other region teams have been able to handle them well.

I believe TCA has taken the tough road this year by entering into tough tournaments. I believe that they lost to the eventual 6A champion from Alabama in the Worth tourney. Also, they finished in the top eight of the Hendersonville tourney that had all kind of powerhouses there. They swept the St. Benedict tournament that had plenty of good teams from TN and MS. They are definitely still a force to contend with. Although I agree with Chemteacher in saying that usually its harder to repeat than it is to get that first one. TCA has great pitching with the Renfroe girls, solid hitting, and good defense... what else do you need?? I also heard that the Friendship coach made an appearance at one of their games, obviously FCS must see something to worry about.

QUOTE(swingaway @ Mar 3 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826398771[/snapback]Is TCA playing any AAA teams this year. FCS is trying to play a tough preschedule in order to get ready for state. If Trinity only plays single A, my money is on FCS.

TCA's schedule is posted on the coacht webpage under schedules/rankings.

As far as playing outside thier class A conference, this year they have wins over GPS, Father Ryan, Red Bank, and Beech just to name a few. Some losses also include Hendersonville and Hueytown, AL who won the Worth Invitational.

I'm sure other schools will also be playing tough schedules to prepare for State, So Good Luck to all.

TCA is having another great year. Both Renfroe girls are pitching very well, and their defense has really stepped up. Their bats are getting better throughout the season, especially considering 5 of them were playing basketball till the weekend before season started. The thing I really like about this team is that everyone of them can put the bat on the ball. Their last game they hit 5 over the fence by 4 different people. I like their chances this year in single A, and I am really glad they are getting to play tougher teams as well. It's only going to prepare them come tournament time. They are the only team to beat GPS all year, in a great game that went into the international tiebreaker, plus they have beaten Beech who is a powerhouse AAA team. Also, it was definitely a compliment that the coach and players from Friendship came to watch TCA play. Best of Luck to them as well.

QUOTE(spojo20 @ Apr 10 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826434011[/snapback]TCA is having another great year. Both Renfroe girls are pitching very well, and their defense has really stepped up. Their bats are getting better throughout the season, especially considering 5 of them were playing basketball till the weekend before season started. The thing I really like about this team is that everyone of them can put the bat on the ball. Their last game they hit 5 over the fence by 4 different people. I like their chances this year in single A, and I am really glad they are getting to play tougher teams as well. It's only going to prepare them come tournament time. They are the only team to beat GPS all year, in a great game that went into the international tiebreaker, plus they have beaten Beech who is a powerhouse AAA team. Also, it was definitely a compliment that the coach and players from Friendship came to watch TCA play. Best of Luck to them as well.

Really seems like TCA is having a great season, based on all ive heard sounds like they have a great chance to win it all.

HUMBOLDT LADY VIKINGS WIN THE STATE OVER TCA !!!!!!!!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />