Wrestling Magazine idea

fiscon

There is just not enough coverage of wrestling anywhere in the state. One of the problems with Tennessee wrestling is that we are all separated from each other, we tend not to communicate with each other about what is going on and therefore the kids are not getting the recognition they deserve. As a former wrestling coach, I have developed a tournament management business where we run several midstate tournaments, we do publish the results online but there needs to be a central source for that publishing or at least a place where that can happen. I want to create a place where fans can go to get the results of any tournament or match they wish to see, now I know that is going to be difficult because coaches tend to not send information in, but i think if they knew there would be benefits from it, then they would more likely be willing to participate. i plan on being at the state tournament on Thursday. I am first and foremost a stayathome dad and a youth minister. I run these tournaments throughout the season with the help of some others who work for me. However, I think that we could make an attempt at making this work. I would say that a majority of the coaches in Tennessee know who I am or what I do, I have ran tournaments and coached in tournaments all over the state.

I foresee that we would need to have an easy way to report results, pictures etc and then possibly have regional people who would help keep coaches involved in turning their results in.

Coverage in Chattanooga is not bad, but coaches throughout the state want more coverage and a more consolidated coverage.

I may be rambling so I will stop, but you can contact me also at bjfiscus@fiscusconsulting.com

If you have not yet gone there, go to www.fiscusconsulting.com/matcontrol.html

That is the part of my site that is involved with wrestling.

QUOTE(fiscon @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826369648[/snapback]

There is just not enough coverage of wrestling anywhere in the state. One of the problems with Tennessee wrestling is that we are all separated from each other, we tend not to communicate with each other about what is going on and therefore the kids are not getting the recognition they deserve. As a former wrestling coach, I have developed a tournament management business where we run several midstate tournaments, we do publish the results online but there needs to be a central source for that publishing or at least a place where that can happen. I want to create a place where fans can go to get the results of any tournament or match they wish to see, now I know that is going to be difficult because coaches tend to not send information in, but i think if they knew there would be benefits from it, then they would more likely be willing to participate. i plan on being at the state tournament on Thursday. I am first and foremost a stayathome dad and a youth minister. I run these tournaments throughout the season with the help of some others who work for me. However, I think that we could make an attempt at making this work. I would say that a majority of the coaches in Tennessee know who I am or what I do, I have ran tournaments and coached in tournaments all over the state.

I foresee that we would need to have an easy way to report results, pictures etc and then possibly have regional people who would help keep coaches involved in turning their results in.

Coverage in Chattanooga is not bad, but coaches throughout the state want more coverage and a more consolidated coverage.

I may be rambling so I will stop, but you can contact me also at bjfiscus@fiscusconsulting.com

If you have not yet gone there, go to www.fiscusconsulting.com/matcontrol.html

That is the part of my site that is involved with wrestling.

How many within our statewide (or beyond) wrestling family is associated or knows someone who would put their advertsing dollars into this pub?

QUOTE(soms @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826369654[/snapback]

How many within our statewide (or beyond) wrestling family is associated or knows someone who would put their advertsing dollars into this pub?

I am willing to talk to those who are interested in this, it is being done in other states.

I think this is a great idea. The kids and our programs would get more exposure, and thanks to the great wrestlers the state has produced recently, we as a state are getting noticed more. I know I've said it before but I would like to thank the kids at Soddy, Baylor and Bradley for producing great student athletes so that those of us that have younger kids can show them that the hard work on the mat and in the classroom really does payoff and that it all matters. I know more schools have produced great talent that have gone on to college, these are just the one's we know kids at and my children have looked up to. My middle son is a creagan, and tolbert fan. His brother gets no love. Jonathan got Matt Kellers autograph when Matt wrestled at camp jordan his senior year, Matt told him to work hard and someday he would be asking for jonathans autograph. Today, our family will be at the arena watching one dream come true. I know that JT thinks about what Matt said often. You guys just don't know what affect you have on young wrestlers, it takes a wrestler to understand everything that go's into this great sport, sometimes it seems the rest of the world could care less. So from our family to yours, we wish everyone goodluck and a safe tournament. I would hope that Master Bearcat could get some type of editing job in the new magazine. I like the way he talks, and Sassy, Short, and Lean. GO LIONS AND COACH EMILY!!!!