12A

bigcenter

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigcenter @ Feb 12 2007 - 11:37 PM) 826369684[/snapback]

How do yall think 12A will be this year? It seems some teams lost some very good ball players and alot of teams are young. Just lookin for some input any welcome.

Summertown should be the front runner and favorite. The rest should battle for second although Mt.Pleasant could give them a run if they play to their ability.

I have no idea what Zion brings back. C'wood lost Stooksbury. Perry County should have a quailty team. Wayne County is a sleeper. They went from a really poor team at the first of last year to a very competitive team at the end of the year. I don't have any idea about the other teams or what they may or may not have.

I believe perry does have the big guy back if its the same one we are thinking of also played 1st base for them. He did throw decently hard and had somewhat of a strange motion it seemed just only had one pitch and players could pick up on it after their second at bat. From what i hear although it being from perry co. they should have a decent team. How is wayne co. this year?

QUOTE(bigcenter @ Feb 27 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826391801[/snapback]I believe perry does have the big guy back if its the same one we are thinking of also played 1st base for them. He did throw decently hard and had somewhat of a strange motion it seemed just only had one pitch and players could pick up on it after their second at bat. From what i hear although it being from perry co. they should have a decent team. How is wayne co. this year?

Yes we do have the big guy back. His name is Chris Graham, I don't know when you saw him pitch but he has had more than one pitch since he was 12 years old. We should have a good team this year, not just a decent one. We only lost two players from last year and return our Jr. SS who missed all of last season with a broken arm and played every inning as a freshman in 2005. We will start 3 Sr., 3 Jr., 3-4 Soph. with all of them seeing plenty of playing time as Freshman last yr. This team has work hard this year to be the best team in the district. But only time will tell. None of these guys play basketball which PC is known for. They only care about Viking Baseball.

Wayne Co. is much improved this yr..this is the best we have looked in my 4 yrs of High School..mainly due to our 10 seniors and..we will have at least 6-8 seniors starting(as of right now).. New Head Coach Rick Rice who has put us thru some great workouts everyday and really concentrates on a team effort..our weakness in the past has been Hitting and Pitching depth..we have at least 10 solid pitchers this yr along with about 4 JV pitchers so the pitching depth is there like NEVER before for us..our hitting is taking time, with every practice we seem to be getting stronger..theres no doubt S'town is the front runner in this District with Ivey but the fight for there back will be a real scrap between Us Mt. Pleasant and PC..from wat ive heard PC is improved alot also..but one things for sure this yr is going to be very competitve all the way down the district!

QUOTE(WCHS_Wildcats_#2 @ Mar 1 2007 - 08:28 PM) 826395922[/snapback]Wayne Co. is much improved this yr..this is the best we have looked in my 4 yrs of High School..mainly due to our 10 seniors and..we will have at least 6-8 seniors starting(as of right now).. New Head Coach Rick Rice who has put us thru some great workouts everyday and really concentrates on a team effort..our weakness in the past has been Hitting and Pitching depth..we have at least 10 solid pitchers this yr along with about 4 JV pitchers so the pitching depth is there like NEVER before for us..our hitting is taking time, with every practice we seem to be getting stronger..theres no doubt S'town is the front runner in this District with Ivey but the fight for there back will be a real scrap between Us Mt. Pleasant and PC..from wat ive heard PC is improved alot also..but one things for sure this yr is going to be very competitve all the way down the district!

Rice will make a difference on the field for sure.

I said earlier that MP may vie for 1st if they play well but I may have to take that back. They deffinately have the talent but no one wants to step up and be the leader, give that extra, I give my all, attitude. They all seem to be happy to be on the team. It could be a really good or really sad year for this team. Time will tell.