Top 10 in each class(midstate)

nununu

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 22 2007 - 08:54 AM) 826384261[/snapback]I expect Richland to be very tough this year. They beat us first game last year (without a base hit if I remember correctly). We were still experimenting with lineup and had 3 errors in the last inning. We beat them by one run latter in the season in nine innings. Both games combined only yielded a total of 2 or 3 runs, so yes, there pitching is top notch. We open our regular season against them again this year, so it will serve as a good measuring stick as to where both teams are early.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826386009[/snapback]Sounds alot like last year......Too bad they didn't go as far as ya'll expected them to last year.

Your opinion? To many, the team far exceeded expectations by winning their district, coming in second in their region and making an appearance in the sectionals. Those girls had a very successful season under then 2nd year coach Kevin Evans.

The 2006/2007 team shows promise of providing an even more exciting, winning season with visions of the Spring Fling. They know that in order to achieve the state they have to play the game and win the game...one at a time. Coach Evans does an outstanding job of keeping his team focused and mentally prepared for games.

Ace, senior pitcher Chelsea Carter will take the mound and be backed by teammates consiting of one senior and eleven juniors.

I could'nt even begin to make a prediction as to how far they may go (hope to the Spring Fling), as we all know the season has just begun. There are too many games to be played and balls to be pitched before May.

I pray for a healthy and injury free season for all of the teams across the state.

ER Lady Indians

QUOTE(nununu @ Feb 13 2007 - 07:24 AM) 826369983[/snapback]These are my picks for the top 10 in each class for softball, preseason.

AAA

Brentwood

Riverdale

Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville

siegel

Blackman

Wilson Central

Ravenwood

Coffee Co.

Rossview

AA

Goodpasture

Hume-Fogg

Giles Co.

Sycamore

White House

Greenbrier

Creekwood

Marshall Co.

Ezell-Harding

Lewis Co

A

Friendship Chr.

Forrest

Columbia Acad.

Huntland

Watertown

Nashville Chr.

Cornersville

Summertown

Mt. Juliet Chr.

Houston Co.

I heard that Huntland wasn't gonna be very good this year...unless they've have improved greatly since last season i don't think they should be that high on the single A list

QUOTE(Raider_55 @ Feb 21 2007 - 02:17 PM) 826383070[/snapback]in 1A you really think Columbia Academy? how is their pitching going to be? No more E. Ford guys! They lost a lot of good players.. yes they still will be very good and still have great coaching along with great talent... but how will they do with not as good pitching?? I think Cornersville and Richland (if they can pull it together with their new coach) is who to look out for in that district! Cornersville will be tough with C. Worth, and the Sophomore twins pitching, not to mention the great bats. Richland has L. Tinnon is coming back this year and her and M. McNeese will be whirling it from the mound. they are talking about how great the coach is working out with their team. thoughts on this district???

I hope this lights a fire under their butts. SO yall can shut up.

QUOTE(E~R Indians @ Feb 24 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826387153[/snapback]Your opinion? To many, the team far exceeded expectations by winning their district, coming in second in their region and making an appearance in the sectionals. Those girls had a very successful season under then 2nd year coach Kevin Evans.

The 2006/2007 team shows promise of providing an even more exciting, winning season with visions of the Spring Fling. They know that in order to achieve the state they have to play the game and win the game...one at a time. Coach Evans does an outstanding job of keeping his team focused and mentally prepared for games.

Ace, senior pitcher Chelsea Carter will take the mound and be backed by teammates consiting of one senior and eleven juniors.

I could'nt even begin to make a prediction as to how far they may go (hope to the Spring Fling), as we all know the season has just begun. There are too many games to be played and balls to be pitched before May.

I pray for a healthy and injury free season for all of the teams across the state.

ER Lady Indians

I have to pick East Robertson as one of the best teams in the state also. They came to Forrest last year in the Region Finals and they had a great team. Good luck on your season.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 23 2007 - 12:54 PM) 826386009[/snapback]Sounds alot like last year......Too bad they didn't go as far as ya'll expected them to last year.

Cascade didn't even put us out last year, i'm a baseball player but got to take up for my girls, yeah they had a couple of seniors on the team but they got everything to replace that this year...every junior and the lone 2 seniors on the team play travel ball for top notch teams that win world series after world series each summer...they did way more than they were supposed to last year and this year, they aren't expecting anything less than state, so yeah i'm throwing this out there but punch in the ticket for both of east's spring teams in the big dance...but good luck to the rest of the teams and i hope everyone has a great season!

QUOTE(ERBaseball25 @ Feb 25 2007 - 02:29 AM) 826388173[/snapback]Cascade didn't even put us out last year, i'm a baseball player but got to take up for my girls, yeah they had a couple of seniors on the team but they got everything to replace that this year...every junior and the lone 2 seniors on the team play travel ball for top notch teams that win world series after world series each summer...they did way more than they were supposed to last year and this year, they aren't expecting anything less than state, so yeah i'm throwing this out there but punch in the ticket for both of east's spring teams in the big dance...but good luck to the rest of the teams and i hope everyone has a great season!

I don't recall anyone saying Cascade did put ya'll out last year. Your team actually put a young Cascade team out by one run in extra innings. A was referring to you and others on here last year repeatedly saying you'd be the favorite for state only problem was, you ran into Forrest. Anybody that saw ER play last year is aware they had a solid team and have not argued that. If your gonna get on here and talk so much smack, you have to be ready to handle the heat your drawing to yourself!

QUOTE(zachsdad @ Feb 20 2007 - 09:52 PM) 826381941[/snapback]I am mainly familiar with AA in the midstate. I know at least 4 of the teams on the AA list lost Senior pitchers that had pitched their teams to the State Tournament in the past years (Hume-Fogg, Greenbrier, Creekwood and Marshall County).

Who do they have to replace their aces and what can we expect from them?

I know Goodpasture and Sycamore have their pitchers returning, who else has strength on the mound?

cw replaces their last years ace with a sophmore pitcher who you should expect good things from if not this year then def. next year and the year after that. i saw her pitch in jv last year and she was very dominant, but jv and varsity is a BIG difference.