TSSAA preseason

Guru

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru

The problem is that not everyone has the indoor hitting areas. I wish people would please contact the council members and tell them to leave it alone, because you can bet they will not be using the gym. At our school today we got a notice saying NO ONE would use the gym for the next two weeks. If you wanted to use the weight room you had better be quite coming and leaving.......hmmmmm doesnt sound like a softball school does it? Oh maybe the weather will break and we can go outside with the rain and snow because I am sure the girls wouldnt want to be playing against other teams just themselves.

QUOTE(cobracoach @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:38 PM) 826370203[/snapback]

Guru

The problem is that not everyone has the indoor hitting areas. I wish people would please contact the council members and tell them to leave it alone, because you can bet they will not be using the gym. At our school today we got a notice saying NO ONE would use the gym for the next two weeks. If you wanted to use the weight room you had better be quite coming and leaving.......hmmmmm doesnt sound like a softball school does it? Oh maybe the weather will break and we can go outside with the rain and snow because I am sure the girls wouldnt want to be playing against other teams just themselves.

Cobracoach

Word is that you have some high quality dirt on your new field. I'm sure you'll be outside today. Can your hitting instructor handle weather is the question?

QUOTE(RaiderOne @ Feb 13 2007 - 12:47 PM) 826370217[/snapback]

Cobracoach

Word is that you have some high quality dirt on your new field. I'm sure you'll be outside today. Can your hitting instructor handle weather is the question?

Well you are right RaiderOne it isnt the dirt, or should I say lack of it, but it did turn out pretty good. But you are right it is the hitting instructor who I am worried about!

QUOTE(softballscout @ Feb 13 2007 - 01:48 PM) 826370221[/snapback]

Play in the fall, that way most players are coming straight from travel ball and already game ready

THANK YOU! When are some of these other people going to stop complaining about it and form TOGETHER and get things changed! Why can a group not form to force TSSAA to change their ways.............I'm ready!

QUOTE(cobracoach @ Feb 13 2007 - 02:56 PM) 826370234[/snapback]

Well you are right RaiderOne it isnt the dirt, or should I say lack of it, but it did turn out pretty good. But you are right it is the hitting instructor who I am worried about!

It's not really the hitting instructor, I'm sure, he can get them ready to hit, have them ready to play defensivley, get in their head but he can only do so much. Sometimes you have to rely on your other coach, which could be scary, especially if he's just a rookie.

QUOTE(Indian @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826370710[/snapback]

You'd have to get volleyball to agree to the move, first of all.

Volleyball could move with no problem, play in spring or fall. But that's not going to happen. One of the problem is that there are a bunch of football coaches that coach softball & they are not going to give that up. This comes up every year, but the TSSAA has pretty much told everyone, it's not going to happen.

QUOTE(bbl12753 @ Feb 13 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826370830[/snapback]

Volleyball could move with no problem, play in spring or fall. But that's not going to happen. One of the problem is that there are a bunch of football coaches that coach softball & they are not going to give that up. This comes up every year, but the TSSAA has pretty much told everyone, it's not going to happen.

Another good example of why no one wants to change it: Some of the softball coaches also coach football, well, make them choose a sport just like they make the girls choose. So far all of the excuses are LAME!

Other than the above here are some of them:

-Too cold in the fall........

-Too many girls sports in the fall..........

-Not enough time in the fall............

Yada, Yada, Yada...........

What it boils down to is that the TSSAA governs what our children do and dictate when they do it. People, it is an easy fix. Once the parents start speaking their minds then someone HAS to listen. Georgia used to play in the spring and they changed to fall without a hitch.

Now the TSSAA wants to cut the amount of games the girls can play in pre-season! Well it seems to me that if they changed the sport to the fall then that problem would take care of itself.

There will be a petition at summer tournaments thoughout Tennessee this year. Let's see how many people want it changed. Speak up and maybe you will be heard eventually.

QUOTE(Indian @ Feb 14 2007 - 12:13 AM) 826371032[/snapback]

I'm not saying volleyball is a good reason, but it is a reason I've heard. I've also heard that players would be tired going from summer straight into fall, but that doesn't seem to hurt Georgia or Tennessee middle school teams.

Let's face it, the serious softball player plays 9 months out of the year regardless if it is high school or travel ball. June, July and the first week of August in travel ball, Fall ball in high school, off in November, December and January. February through June back in high school. All I am saying is switch the seasons and let the girls play high school in the fall and with their travel teams from March through July. It is no secret that these girls earn their scholarships at Exposure Tournaments, why not let them have MORE exposure...............