Santa Fe vs. Moore Co.District 11A tourny round 2

utladyvols18

I definately think that the game between santa fe and richland will be close. If santa fe plays like they did against moore co they have a great chance of winning, they need to play with the intensity that they played with and they will be able to come out with a win. Richland is stronger than ever with great play from Duke, Bell, and Glidden, with that trio it is hard to beat them, and they have shown that, with only 2 losses on the season, both coming from Alabama teams.

Both teams deserve this win so it comes down to who wants it more. Santa Fe will have to step up and play excellent defense on the perimeter to shut down the threes, but at the same time they will have to close the inside, and slow down Duke, and Glidden as well as she likes to cut through there. I am going to say it will be very close as long as both teams show up, but this is the championship game so why wouldnt you show up ready? Good Luck to both teams, Im looking forward to a great game, I will go with Santa Fe by 4...maybe even an overtime

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 16 2007 - 09:52 AM) 826374363[/snapback]

Santa Fe really needs to consider playing #23 at the point guard position more. She appears to be very good at that position.

I do not know why Moore County quit pressuring the ball. After they stopped, Santa Fe pulled away. Moore County looked tired. Helton tried to get everyone rallied together but is did not work.

Congrats on the win. You get to host a game next Friday night now.

2nd place in the district tourney is a great accomplishment for your team. OH, you still have to play the game against Richland??? Oh, OK. Then you can be 2nd place. ha ha ha. Just kidding. It should be a great game. Good luck and stay healthy.

We all stated months ago that it would end up this way. The 2 best TEAMS playing for the district title.

haha... yea im glad these two teams made it... it will be a great game... bobbi dodson def. should be playing more she has great defense and makes good decisions passing the ball

QUOTE(utladyvols18 @ Feb 16 2007 - 02:13 PM) 826374763[/snapback]

I definately think that the game between santa fe and richland will be close. If santa fe plays like they did against moore co they have a great chance of winning, they need to play with the intensity that they played with and they will be able to come out with a win. Richland is stronger than ever with great play from Duke, Bell, and Glidden, with that trio it is hard to beat them, and they have shown that, with only 2 losses on the season, both coming from Alabama teams.

Both teams deserve this win so it comes down to who wants it more. Santa Fe will have to step up and play excellent defense on the perimeter to shut down the threes, but at the same time they will have to close the inside, and slow down Duke, and Glidden as well as she likes to cut through there. I am going to say it will be very close as long as both teams show up, but this is the championship game so why wouldnt you show up ready? Good Luck to both teams, Im looking forward to a great game, I will go with Santa Fe by 4...maybe even an overtime

santa fe will have to do a better job boxing out then they did in the first half of the moore co game... and will def. have to move more if they plan on playing a zone... seemed like when the ball was skipped to the other side the off side post would just walk down to the block... gotta move, faster

QUOTE(Afterlife @ Feb 16 2007 - 05:35 PM) 826374985[/snapback]

haha... yea im glad these two teams made it... it will be a great game... bobbi dodson def. should be playing more she has great defense and makes good decisions passing the ball

santa fe will have to do a better job boxing out then they did in the first half of the moore co game... and will def. have to move more if they plan on playing a zone... seemed like when the ball was skipped to the other side the off side post would just walk down to the block... gotta move, faster

Afterlife I totally agree, #23 should definitely be starting or playing alot...and on defense Santa Fe has to play to harder and faster and box out...

I wished my daughter played at SF. At least she would be taught the game. Middle school coaches at Cox were forced into the coaching pos. (when she was there two years ago) to get a teaching job so there wasn't much going on

Now that's said, will the radio station in Columbia broadcast the game? If not I'll bring down some eq. and turn the mike over to who ever wants to call the game.

Dean

www.schoolsportsradio.com

QUOTE(www.schoolsportsradio.com @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:39 PM) 826376940[/snapback]

I wished my daughter played at SF. At least she would be taught the game. Middle school coaches at Cox were forced into the coaching pos. (when she was there two years ago) to get a teaching job so there wasn't much going on

Now that's said, will the radio station in Columbia broadcast the game? If not I'll bring down some eq. and turn the mike over to who ever wants to call the game.

Dean

www.schoolsportsradio.com

Dean, you better bring your equipment because I doubt it will be broadcast by the Columbia stations.

I need some announcers.

I'm the last person you want to announce a game. Those priceless spoken words such as "I can't beleive he can sleep after making a call like that", " Stevie Wonder, Ronnie Milsap, and Helen Keller could call a better game than these guys" and the one that got a woman to send her husband up to talk to me and I still stand by my statement "I wouldn't put this guy in charge of toilet paper at Wal-Mart much less calling at a regional game" and I still stand by the last statement because a Wayne County player decked a Mt Pleasant player and I uploaded the video for your viewing pleasure.

If somebody will stepup and call I'll broadcast the game.

Call Me at 9312157737 Sunday so I can make the arrangements.

Deano

PS

I won't avalible from 6:30 to 9:00, going to see Ghost Rider