District 9A Semi-Final Action

FridayMainEvent

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 16 2007 - 11:48 PM) 826375517[/snapback]

Another great Cascade - VB game. its a shame one team had to lose. I could watch a Cascade - VB game every week and it would be like flipping a coin to see who would win. Every time we watch VB we become fans - great kids and coaches. Forrest is obviously a class program with 4 straight appearances in the championship game. Cascade vs. Forrest for the marbles just seems like the way it should be. We love Chase, Cory, Chandler and the rest of the Rockets - good luck on Tues. Go VB! Nothing personal against Eagleville, but just too much whining about the officials for me.

One person from Eagleville said something about the refs and that was me. It is different when someone from a school says something about the refs (not whining). Rather than two other people from different schools that are for the different schools to say the refs were crap. There is nothing anyone can do about it I just assumed they would have good ones considering it was tournaments.

Ya I'm from Chapel Hill and I'll go ahead and tell you... Tuesday night, I will be complaining about the refs. This entire year I have ran into one crew that was any good. I mean now these games really matter so I would expect to get some good referees. If there is such a thing. Anyway... Looking foward to a great game on Tues. Eagleville and VB need to rise to the occasion and realize that you are not out. You can do some dammage in the region. I am rooting for you guys. Hope 9A can make some noise..

Great game against Cascade and VB. Man Cascade came out and hit every thing. They shot the lights out. I think the senior class from VB relized it's almost over and really stepped it up. However, the second leading scorer I think 42 is his number choked in the tourney again, alot like last year. Owell I guess it's not over like fresh said we still got region, maybe everyone we'll step it up a little.

QUOTE(blueice712 @ Feb 18 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826377473[/snapback]I,m not talking about fans on message boards whining about the refs. I'm talking about the players and coaches- whine, whine, whine. The rest of our district knows it. Go VB.

I have been to just about every Eagleville game this year and I have never seen a player or the coach "whine whine whine" but I guess you have been to more and see something I didnt.

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Feb 18 2007 - 05:30 PM) 826377949[/snapback]I have been to just about every Eagleville game this year and I have never seen a player or the coach "whine whine whine" but I guess you have been to more and see something I didnt.

I saw the coach complaining about the calls in both our games. I didn't think he was out of line. Most Coaches will complain about calls if he feels his kids aren't getting a fair shake. The bigger problem in Eagleville in my opinion is over on the grid iron. Their Football coach got on here whining about our players being cheap shot artist and I don't think I'll ever forget that. That is probably the most unprofesssional thing I've seen a head Coach do on here.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 18 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826377960[/snapback]I saw the coach complaining about the calls in both our games. I didn't think he was out of line. Most Coaches will complain about calls if he feels his kids aren't getting a fair shake. The bigger problem in Eagleville in my opinion is over on the grid iron. Their Football coach got on here whining about our players being cheap shot artist and I don't think I'll ever forget that. That is probably the most unprofesssional thing I've seen a head Coach do on here.

Complaining is different then whining. If complaining is whining then just about every coach in every sport whines, and I have met quite a few of people from cascade some good and some bad. Did cascade have throw some cheap shots during football yes.....Should our coach of came on here and said the truth I dont know....I didnt know there was a rule book for that kind of stuff. By the way football is way different than basketball. Dont forget you guys got beat by an "overrated team."

QUOTE(Youngtower28 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:09 PM) 826378221[/snapback]Complaining is different then whining. If complaining is whining then just about every coach in every sport whines, and I have met quite a few of people from cascade some good and some bad. Did cascade have throw some cheap shots during football yes.....Should our coach of came on here and said the truth I dont know....I didnt know there was a rule book for that kind of stuff. By the way football is way different than basketball. Dont forget you guys got beat by an "overrated team."

If you support a Head Coach of any high school team getting on a website and making accusations about kids from an opposing school then your probably revealing more about yourself than you think. I can answer that question for you, since "you don't know", absolutely not! That should NEVER happen. It is unprofessional. If a Head Coach has a problem with one or any of the kids on another team, that should be taken up with the Head Coach of their school, not mentioned in a public forum. As for the "overrated" statement that apparently struck such a nerve with you. Your team was as one point in the year ranked in the top 5 in the state. They are now playing for third place in our district. Most reasonable people would call that overrated......Don't ya think? If your referring to me saying your football team was overrated, most everyone on here was picking them, Jo Byrns and possibly Forrest to win the region when the football season started. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they finished in the bottom two. What do we call that???.....All together now........OVERRATED....... Have a nice day.

QUOTE(cascade11 @ Feb 19 2007 - 05:31 AM) 826378844[/snapback]If you support a Head Coach of any high school team getting on a website and making accusations about kids from an opposing school then your probably revealing more about yourself than you think. I can answer that question for you, since "you don't know", absolutely not! That should NEVER happen. It is unprofessional. If a Head Coach has a problem with one or any of the kids on another team, that should be taken up with the Head Coach of their school, not mentioned in a public forum. As for the "overrated" statement that apparently struck such a nerve with you. Your team was as one point in the year ranked in the top 5 in the state. They are now playing for third place in our district. Most reasonable people would call that overrated......Don't ya think? If your referring to me saying your football team was overrated, most everyone on here was picking them, Jo Byrns and possibly Forrest to win the region when the football season started. If memory serves me correctly, I believe they finished in the bottom two. What do we call that???.....All together now........OVERRATED....... Have a nice day.

Alight Ladies let's get back to basketball now.

QUOTE(Treyvols99 @ Feb 19 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826379141[/snapback]When does the regional tourney start? Is it thursday girls, friday boys? Just wondered because I knew they had to be finished before next saturday night which is the girls substate game? Any info would be appreciated.

All I know is that VB Girls play Friday and VB boys play Sat. Don't know about the others.