Henry County vs Rossview

thebenchwarmer

rossview is a much improved team.. I feel that Coach Harper does a good job with what he has. Rossview is not exactly loaded with talent but could be very competitive next season and maybe do something in the district. I feel that Henry will take this game. Its hard to win at henry because you have to play againest 6 counting the refs... henry will win by 10. good luck to both teams

QUOTE(Jimmy-just-doesn't-miss @ Feb 15 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826372899[/snapback]

Wouldn't that be playing against 8? I guess I haven't been to enough Henry Co. games because I sure hadn't got that impression...

Ask some of the HCHS fans and they will tell you that home court and refs don't aren't any indication of home cooking in Gamlin gym. Me, I don't have much to complain about if they miss a call (or one I think they did), it usually evens out during the game. Tough job I won't do it.

Most of the time they seem to influence a style of play more than anything IMO. One group may let the game be played with a lot of physical play. So if, the team you are playing is strong on inside you had better match it up because refs won't change style of calling for complaints from Coaches. The next group may not let you play strong on inside. One group may call every little touch so if you are great at playing close D and steals sometimes you get caught in fouls. Some groups may let you reach and touch alot which may led to alot of steals. Other calls that can vary by crew is palming, over the back, steps, etc. It can go on and on.

Regardless, I can't help but to believe this will be a close game. If they can keep the inside play of Rossville in check I got to believe it will then come down to foul shoots. HCHS breaks the L streak and wins at home by 5.

QUOTE(watcher16 @ Feb 15 2007 - 10:45 AM) 826372893[/snapback]

rossview is a much improved team.. I feel that Coach Harper does a good job with what he has. Rossview is not exactly loaded with talent but could be very competitive next season and maybe do something in the district. I feel that Henry will take this game. Its hard to win at henry because you have to play againest 6 counting the refs... henry will win by 10. good luck to both teams

six? 8 ?? Whats are you talking about. Thereare only three refs who else is there?

Traditionally Henry Co has always been a very tough place to play. The home crowd mixed in with the pep band right by the visitors bench is tough. HC has alot of tradition and usually have solid teams. I cant remember a time when HC hasnt been top 4 at home. Rossview probably has a better win percentage since they've been open than any of the other teams in the district playing at HC.

Like I've said in other post, this game seems like a 4 vs 5 because of the matchups. Both teams matchup well so I think it will go down to the wire. After seeing Rossview play them tuesday night I think they win this game by 2. Inside game should win this game and if they hit thier free throws they'll be in good shape with that being said HC wins the guard matchup. Their guards are better than Rossviews, but the little guard for RV was solid last game.

I really think that HC will come to play Friday night. Their guards are much stronger...and I wasnt impressed with any of the guards from Rossview. The little 5'8 guard slopped in one three that I can remember, and then #22 made two I think...but even so I didn't think they were all that impressive so I would agree with TnBall and give the guard edge to HC...

Inside #50 just took over in the 4th. I think that HC will make the adjustments and will possibly even open this game up before it's all over...especially if they can somehow put together 4 quarters. They have played 4 quarters about 5 times this year--if that many.

Keep in mind...when Rossview came to HC the first time HC was up about 10 or so at the half and let Rossview back into the game down the stretch...but really even thoug the game was close...it wasnt really a game you felt like HC was gonna lose. And Tuesday night HC was up 7...let Rossview cut it to 2 on 2 straight turnovers...and then HC pushed it back to 7 before the half (and had all the momentum). But once again HC gave the game back to Rossview in the 2nd half because they lost their focus.

I really think that if HC plays all night long with focus and determination they have the skill and depth to open it up and maybe even win by 12-15. HC is definitely a more talented team.

Of course the best team or most talented team doesn't always get it done.

I sure hope we can get this one though. Good luck Pats! Play your butts off!