AA Region 2

The Final Chapter

AA Region 2, specifically District 3, has shown itself to be a serious contender year in and year out. I believe it has had at least one team at state for the past 20 years straight, with District 3 sending 2 teams last year. I know Gibbs almost always makes the spring fling trip....but will anyone else contend this year.....I hear there is a new kid on the block from Crossville. Any news on Stone Memorial.....will they emerge as the Class of District 4....or will Anderson County or CAK remain on top? Also, with Holifield gone, will Alcoa be able to return to state?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pantherdad @ Feb 16 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826374849[/snapback]Stone Memorial should be strong again this year, returning most skill position players from a team that won dist 5AAA last year. If they can pull together under a new coach they should be in the hunt for district title.

Who will pitch for Stone Memorial????

hey guys... so... its a new year! new season... lots of new coaches teams and talent in AA this year! but one question... there are more than just cak... anderson county... and stone in district 4 right? i mean im pretty sure loudon catholic and kingston are gonna put up a fight... sorry if you dont think so ... im guessing thats what happened last year when everyone counted itty bitty kingston out... and what happened? i do believe we came back and put loudon ac cak and catholic out... as for stone... most people see them as number one... hmm... could be VERY VERY early to get so cocky... ALL teams are workin hard ALL teams have a chance... remember that season doesnt count AT ALL until day one of that district tourament... as both coaches told our kingston team last year everyones record is 0-0 at that time... so GOOD LUCK ALL DISTRICT 4 CONTENDERS~ for all the seniors...

its our last year... lets give 'em somethin to talk about!

• 2 weeks later...

Stone did lose their senior catcher due to injury, however a few girls have been working hard and can step up to fill the position. this team has pulled together and will be one to look out for....you can call it cocky if you want, i would say its more confidence in the talent these girls have.

Sorry ladyjacket....didn't mean to leave anyone out. I am sure Isham will keep Kingston in all your games and give you guys a chance to win. However, only two teams will make it out of Region 2. I assume Gibbs will be one. The big question is who will be two. With Holifield gone, I believe Alcoa will be vulnerable. That may leave the door open for Seymour? But I see a bigger battle in District 4 with Stone, coming into the mix with CAK, Anderson Co., AND Kingston and Catholic. Does anyone have run down of returning players/pitchers/hitters with these teams. I know that Brockman is a returning senior pitcher for CAK and likewise for Isham at Kingston. I assume that Brown with be the ace for stone, but what about the rest of the players. Who are the ones to watch for? Also, did everyone from Cumberland Co transfer to Stone or does it just seem that way?

The majority of players transferred from CCHS to Stone Memorial,and many of the seniors played as freshmen on the AAA state runner-up team a few years back. I know they want to be back there once more before they graduate. That being said- like every other sport these ladies know to take it one game at a time and that anyone can be beaten on any given day. They are taking nothing for granted and overlooking no one in their new district.

QUOTE(buc1973 @ Mar 5 2007 - 03:56 PM) 826400737[/snapback]The majority of players transferred from CCHS to Stone Memorial,and many of the seniors played as freshmen on the AAA state runner-up team a few years back. I know they want to be back there once more before they graduate. That being said- like every other sport these ladies know to take it one game at a time and that anyone can be beaten on any given day. They are taking nothing for granted and overlooking no one in their new district.

Did any of these girls play on the 16-U Crossville Cyclones about two years ago when they finished second in the USSSA State to Triple Threat during the summer? I believe this was played in Crossville. That would make most of them Seniors in High School this year. (I think the team was called Crossville Cyclones, I may not be correct on that.)