Molly Heady

Ontopofit

I've heard how good she is, but I know nothing about her.

So, what is Molly Heady like?

Is she a post player or a perimeter player? Is she versatile? Can she shoot it from the perimeter, take you off the dribble and post up with her back to the basket?

What are the players around her like? Does Monterey have any big girls? Does Monterey have good ballhandlers?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ontopofit @ Feb 16 2007 - 04:16 PM) 826374913[/snapback]

I've heard how good she is, but I know nothing about her.

So, what is Molly Heady like?

Is she a post player or a perimeter player? Is she versatile? Can she shoot it from the perimeter, take you off the dribble and post up with her back to the basket?

What are the players around her like? Does Monterey have any big girls? Does Monterey have good ballhandlers?

She has been known to shoot the three occasionally, she is a really good player as she avg. over 20 points and 10 boards a game. She had the same stats as the co-mvp of the league yet somehow finished on the second team. Anyway she is a great player who is a competitor and will not back down from anyone. Go Molly and Go CATS!!

QUOTE(wildcat324 @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826376206[/snapback]

Heady, is that her name? Yeah very impressive player in my eyes. I watched her play up here in my gym at LA. But as someone said, she was no match for Leonard last night. Games like that usually show me who deserves it and who doesn't. Get used to it...

Guys, I wasn't implying that I thought Laken shouldnt be the co-mvp nor was I saying at all that Molly did. I was saying that she had the same stats as MVP and was on the SECOND team. All I was saying was i figured she would be on the first team that is all i was saying. Laken is a really really really solid player and this thread was not intended to be a knock on her. crap I didn't know I was going to have to defend Molly for having one bad game..

QUOTE(wildcat324 @ Feb 17 2007 - 12:49 PM) 826376206[/snapback]

Heady, is that her name? Yeah very impressive player in my eyes. I watched her play up here in my gym at LA. But as someone said, she was no match for Leonard last night. Games like that usually show me who deserves it and who doesn't. Get used to it...

Her name is Molly Heady, and first of all she is an outstanding kid. Molly is a good basketball player. She still has areas she can improve in, but she is just a freshman so she has plenty of time to work on her weaknesses. As for the Molly Laken deal it is a non issue. I can assure you that neither girl cares about their stats. They are both about winning. It is evident in the amount of work and heart both girls put into it. Laken was very deserving of her Co-MVP award as was Phillips. Molly was also very deserving of her Freshman of the year award. Laken had a great night last night. Molly got into some early foul trouble that limited her playing time and her ability to play aggressive defense. She also sat out the last 7 minutes of the ballgame with a swollen up eye she got from an accidental elbow. I for one enjoy watching these two girls battle it out on the floor. It is going to be a very fun one to watch for the next three years. If they both keep improving I think they will play at the next level. However, both girls are only as good as their teammates

What about the Adkins girl? Is she the next best offensive threat? Apparently, she must shoot the three ball very well. Does she need time to get it off, or does she have a pretty quick release? And is she a point guard or a shooting guard?

Does Monterey have any other threats?

I look forward to a good consolation game and region tournament.

Handyy I know what your talking about with her not being first team all district, I thought she should have been too giving she is 2nd in the district in scoring this year, but I look at it and see some very good well deserving ball players on that first team...But if she plays the next 3 years improving as much as she has I have no doubt that she'll be first team all district, she's on heck of a ball player and one of the best posts i've seen this year...