A thought about District 7A Tourney!

jamieroper

Although I know that neither the JC nor RBS coach would throw a game, but think about this.

The loser of the D7 championship game will be the #2 seed at region. The #3 seed, ClarkRange, will be in the same brackett as the #1 seed at Region. This means the #2 seed walked into 'Boro unless a major major upset occurs.

Say if the following occurs: RBS, who is the favorite, beat JC for the District 7 championship. Then the #1 seed, RBS, and the #3 seed, ClarkRange, would meet in the semi-finals of region with the loser going home.

This is of course if no upsets occur.

Just thinking out loud. Good luck to all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 17 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826376591[/snapback]

Although I know that neither the JC nor RBS coach would throw a game, but think about this.

The loser of the D12 championship game will be the #2 seed at region. The #3 seed, ClarkRange, will be in the same brackett as the #1 seed at Region. This means the #2 seed walked into 'Boro unless a major major upset occurs.

Say if the following occurs: RBS, who is the favorite, beat JC for the District 7 championship. Then the #1 seed, RBS, and the #3 seed, ClarkRange, would meet in the semi-finals of region with the loser going home.

I did not know that Clarkrange had won. Don't sell Monterey short.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 17 2007 - 04:40 PM) 826376591[/snapback]

The loser of the D12 championship game will be the #2 seed at region. The #3 seed, ClarkRange, will be in the same brackett as the #1 seed at Region. This means the #2 seed walked into 'Boro unless a major major upset occurs.

That's what many people felt last night as Clarkrange decided not to show up. I just couldn't really see the logic in it but what do I know. I guess the game and the strategy has changed over the years. I thought teams always came out and tried to play their best. Not saying that Clarkrange didn't try or that coach Rogers, White or Brown would stoop to such tactics. But several people seem to think that it really happens. Maybe when your in Rome you do as the Romans do. Maybe this is why coaches or programs are at the top every year b/c they do as the Romans do.

So in essence whatever Clarkrange does in the first game will dictate the results in the Championship game. Is that anywhere close to how it will pan out ?

QUOTE(danba @ Feb 17 2007 - 09:08 PM) 826376895[/snapback]I am not understand what is being said here. So let me ask a question are you saying that Clarkrange is in a better change of win the state champion ship by loosing to Jackson County than if they had won????

My belief would be that they have made their road harder. If they beat THE BIG M, which they should (Sorry MID, but you have to admit CR will be big favorites), they will potentially have to face RBS in the semis at region. Loser goes home for the year.

However, I think CR will win that region. Good luck CR.

Hey Midtnbb, use this to motivate your team. Tell them no one thinks they have a chance. Play as a team and you have a chance.

Everybody look back at my posts. I am not a Jackson County fan. But I did predict they would find a way to slip in. All they have to do now is take care of business. Is that a guarantee? NO. They have flopped before. Good luck JC.

Let me edit my post a little please.

Now would it be good for ClarkRange to throw the game to M and be the 4 seed, Well, that would put them in the opposite brackett from RBS at Region. Will they? Absolutely not. They do not have it in them to lose on purpose!!!!!

7-A is obviously quite good this season. I would not sell 8-A so short. It's happened in the past and burned them a few times. Friendship Christian made the state in back-to-back seasons, 2002 and 2003. In that 2003 season, Westmoreland joined them in the state and went again in 2005. Gordonsville has state experience as well, though it's been a little longer since they've gone.

The gap may not be as big between the big three in 7-A and the top two in 8-A as it seems, though the 7A teams will be favorites.

Good luck to all the 7-A squads.

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826377199[/snapback]My belief would be that they have made their road harder. If they beat THE BIG M, which they should (Sorry MID, but you have to admit CR will be big favorites), they will potentially have to face RBS in the semis at region. Loser goes home for the year.

Hey Midtnbb, use this to motivate your team. Tell them no one thinks they have a chance. Play as a team and you have a chance.

Everybody look back at my posts. I am not a Jackson County fan. But I did predict they would find a way to slip in. All they have to do now is take care of business. Is that a guarantee? NO. They have flopped before. Good luck JC.

Now would it be good for ClarkRange to throw the game to M and be the 4 seed, Well, that would put them in the opposite brackett from RBS at Region. Will they? Absolutely not. They do not have it in them to lose on purpose!!!!!

why would you throw a game to play a team that has beat you twice to avoid a team you've beat twice

QUOTE(Rocking Chair @ Feb 17 2007 - 07:15 PM) 826376778[/snapback]That's what many people felt last night as Clarkrange decided not to show up. I just couldn't really see the logic in it but what do I know. I guess the game and the strategy has changed over the years. I thought teams always came out and tried to play their best. Not saying that Clarkrange didn't try or that coach Rogers, White or Brown would stoop to such tactics. But several people seem to think that it really happens. Maybe when your in Rome you do as the Romans do. Maybe this is why coaches or programs are at the top every year b/c they do as the Romans do.

So in essence whatever Clarkrange does in the first game will dictate the results in the Championship game. Is that anywhere close to how it will pan out ?

ther is no way c'range could benifited by losing to JC in the district unless they wanted to avoid them in region either way they catch rbs or jc in region semis if all win

QUOTE(jamieroper @ Feb 18 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826377199[/snapback]My belief would be that they have made their road harder. If they beat THE BIG M, which they should (Sorry MID, but you have to admit CR will be big favorites), they will potentially have to face RBS in the semis at region. Loser goes home for the year.

How do you figure that Clarkrange will be opposite of RBS when the game hasn't been played yet ?

[/quote

Momma says it always works itself out some how.