District 7aa Championship

highrizer23

QUOTE(georgectv @ Feb 18 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826377762[/snapback]Actually, this is the 2nd time in the last 4 years that Smith Co is playing in the District final... and two years ago they placed 3rd in the district. Congrats to them... and good luck to all the teams in the regional tourny!

Oh ok. I was just going by the banners in the gym. That was when they went to state tourny.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826378369[/snapback]everyone in smith county please read, Chase Dunn WILL PLAY TUESDAY NIGHT, it wasnt a big injury, hearing that coach just saved him, so dont let all that SC air go to your heads that way you can get in the gym

Once again, we hope Dunn does play, one thing that kills me about the LA base is that they think people are scared of him, because one kid asks if he is playing Tuesday. I know even if he was hurt, he would play because he is a competitor. Anyone with any kind of sense would know that he is playing.

QUOTE(King21 @ Feb 18 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826378369[/snapback]everyone in smith county please read, Chase Dunn WILL PLAY TUESDAY NIGHT, it wasnt a big injury, hearing that coach just saved him, so dont let all that SC air go to your heads that way you can get in the gym

Once again, we hope Dunn does play, one thing that kills me about the LA base is that they think people are scared of him, because one kid asks if he is playing Tuesday. I know even if he was hurt, he would play because he is a competitor. Anyone with any kind of sense would know that he is playing.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 19 2007 - 12:46 AM) 826378794[/snapback]Once again, we hope Dunn does play, one thing that kills me about the LA base is that they think people are scared of him, because one kid asks if he is playing Tuesday. I know even if he was hurt, he would play because he is a competitor. Anyone with any kind of sense would know that he is playing.

No, you got it all wrong. LA fans don't think that way at all. Its been said on these forums alot. "When you play LA, you are playing more than just Dunn." There are 4 more guys plus the bench. Hey, thats why you will probably lose the game. Cover up Dunn and the rest of the team will mop the floor with you. Its tournament time, both teams are playing well right now which is what you want in the tournament. It will maybe be close but LA can also run off and hide with it.

Wildcat 1970

QUOTE(iluvit @ Feb 18 2007 - 11:25 AM) 826377341[/snapback]i think that la wil still be able to play good without dunn... i watched the games last night and i thought la moved the ball good and everyone had a role in the second half

I agree, Todd Smith picked up and played a great game. This team needs Dunn but they don't have to have him to win, it's not all about one player it's a team effort.

QUOTE(bfan @ Feb 19 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826378922[/snapback]I agree, Todd Smith picked up and played a great game. This team needs Dunn but they don't have to have him to win, it's not all about one player it's a team effort.

I agree with you bfan, Todd had a great game Saturday night. He really stepped it up. Don't get me wrong, I’m glad Chase is ok & will be back but LA did fine the other night when he had to come out of the ball game. They play as a team regardless of the situation.

QUOTE(Wildcat 1970 @ Feb 19 2007 - 06:24 AM) 826378856[/snapback]No, you got it all wrong. LA fans don't think that way at all. Its been said on these forums alot. "When you play LA, you are playing more than just Dunn." There are 4 more guys plus the bench. Hey, thats why you will probably lose the game. Cover up Dunn and the rest of the team will mop the floor with you. Its tournament time, both teams are playing well right now which is what you want in the tournament. It will maybe be close but LA can also run off and hide with it.

Wildcat 1970

I agree, and see what you are saying about you put to much emphasis on him, and the rest hurts you. The same can be said for us, and other teams. And LA is not a one man team, but let's face it, without Dunn, they lose A LOT. He is a sophmore, and is the goto guy, leader on the team. Anytime you lose that person it hurts your team. I just have yet to see this mop the floor without Dunn out there. One instance, the other night, he didnt play the 2nd half against DC and you almost lost like a 15 point lead if I am right. I realize LA has the capability b/c they shoot alot of threes, and if they are on, they can beat you pretty good, but if they aren't they usually lose. Not in all cases, but most. Should be a great game Tuesday night. Good Luck Owls.

QUOTE(Z King of D Swing @ Feb 19 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826379303[/snapback]I agree, and see what you are saying about you put to much emphasis on him, and the rest hurts you. The same can be said for us, and other teams. And LA is not a one man team, but let's face it, without Dunn, they lose A LOT. He is a sophmore, and is the goto guy, leader on the team. Anytime you lose that person it hurts your team. I just have yet to see this mop the floor without Dunn out there. One instance, the other night, he didnt play the 2nd half against DC and you almost lost like a 15 point lead if I am right. I realize LA has the capability b/c they shoot alot of threes, and if they are on, they can beat you pretty good, but if they aren't they usually lose. Not in all cases, but most. Should be a great game Tuesday night. Good Luck Owls.

That's true, he is definitely the team leader. and that is crucial to a team's chemistry. Without him or with him the Owls will lose. LA is to good/ LA Wildcats by 13+